Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Ken Sabol | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 12 2017 4:33 PM

Hi,

We are having problems with the Proclaim sermon recording where it will randomly skip short segments (often only one or two words) of the sermon recording. If we record directly with Audacity using the same audio input Proclaim is receiving, the Audacity recording does not have the skipping.

After we record the sermon in Proclaim, we use Audacity to trim the edges and add an intro: download raw audio from Proclaim, import to Audacity, export as .mp3.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I have attached a short example.

Thanks!

Ken

Posts 3408
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 12 2017 4:55 PM

Ken, are you recording on Mac or Windows? If you can identify a recording that has the issue and use the Help menu to save the logs and attach them to this thread we can diagnose further. Proclaim automatically saves logs for the last 10 sessions of the app.

Posts 7
Ken Sabol | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 12 2017 5:16 PM

Recording on Windows 10. I don't have the access to the computer until Sunday or Monday, I will post the log files then.

Posts 7
Ken Sabol | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 3:09 PM

Scott, I've attached the log files. We have had the skipping every week. I also confirmed, the skipping is present in the raw audio file saved directly from Proclaim, it's not being caused by the post processing.

Posts 7
Ken Sabol | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 4 2017 3:15 PM

Hi Scott,

I posted the log files a bit ago, have you had a chance to review? Any thoughts as to what might be causing our problem?

Posts 3408
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 5 2017 8:44 AM

Sorry for the delay Ken. I took a look at the logs and nothing stands out. At this point I'm stumped. How is the computer connected to the mic? Are there any converters or additional hardware involved? 

Posts 7
Ken Sabol | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 5 2017 7:11 PM

The mic is run through our sound system, then it comes out and connects to the computer via an iRig audio interface. I recorded once using both Proclaim and Audacity, and there was not skipping in Audacity but there was in Proclaim, so I don't think it's the setup unless Proclaim has particular sensitivities. This week we are going to try using a different computer to see if that is the issue. I would be surprised, the we bought the current computer new and I don't remember seeing any strict system requirements for Proclaim. We use it for slides (synced with Planning Center) and recording, but do no use video or any other features.

Posts 3408
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 6 2017 9:44 AM

Sounds like a good test. Please let us know how it goes. 

Posts 7
Ken Sabol | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 1:53 PM

Scott,

We recorded using a different computer this Sunday, using both Proclaim and Audacity. There are still skips in Proclaim that are not present in the Audacity only recording. The computer is a little older and running Windows 7, but still meets all of the system requirements from Proclaim. Any ideas what could be causing this? I have run out of ideas of ways to debug, it seems to pretty clearly be something with Proclaim but I'm don't know what it could be, or what to try next.

Posts 3408
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 3:12 PM

Ken, please check the raw recording located under the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Proclaim\Data\ directory. The full path with be something like 

C:\Users\scott.alexander\AppData\Local\Proclaim\Data\tiutgikn.y3v\AudioRecordings\df770846-fd76-48eb-840c-01293071cf97\Raw\d8ee12f3-11f7-4af4-83f1-af59b395804c.wav

This file will only exist on the computer that did the original recording. If the skipping is not present in this file then we know it's issue with the compression done by Proclaim. 

Posts 7
Ken Sabol | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 7:06 AM

Scott, I found the raw recording from this Sunday in

C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Proclaim\Data\lxf2a55y.f5u\AudioRecordings\0b49e7cf-4e56-49ad-b08b-b855ba300860\Raw\17d7b34f-97cd-4509-bae7-c586820a9a8c

The skipping is present in this file as well. I do not have access to the computer the rest of the recordings are done on, so I won't be able to check that until Sunday or Monday. Does the skipping being present in both Proclaim files point to anything? I'm not sure where to go from here.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.