Create new tool - a pastoral guide

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 14 2017 1:32 AM

I'm doing 4 weddings this year and I've been trying a few searches to discover resources in my library which will be useful. I'm no Logos Pro (!) and the best results I've found have come from a very simple library search which has uncovered a variety of manuals and books on marriage. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there were a tool like the passage guide called (say) a pastoral guide where you could look for resources on things like weddings, funerals, baptisms, communion services etc.  

Many users of Logos are in ministry and I think this would be a very helpful addition to the software. 

Colin. 

Posts 4877
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 14 2017 2:26 AM

I wonder if the some new topic tagging specific to these ministry areas could be setup and the topic guide used or a pastoral / ministry interactive coykd be built along the same lines as the systematic theologies that would allow for drilling down of resources by categories such as denomination / tradition and pastoral / ministry function. 

A good practical idea that I'm sure would be of value to those in ministry Colin.

Colin:

I'm doing 4 weddings this year and I've been trying a few searches to discover resources in my library which will be useful. I'm no Logos Pro (!) and the best results I've found have come from a very simple library search which has uncovered a variety of manuals and books on marriage. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there were a tool like the passage guide called (say) a pastoral guide where you could look for resources on things like weddings, funerals, baptisms, communion services etc.  

Many users of Logos are in ministry and I think this would be a very helpful addition to the software. 

Colin. 

Posts 21716
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 14 2017 5:26 AM

Picking up on Doc's suggestion the Sermon Starter Guide on "Marriage" - for example - gives some interesting pointers.

Not a complete match for what Colin is asking for but could be a good starting point.

Posts 586
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 14 2017 8:22 AM

You could do a Topic Guide and add in a Collection on Dating, Marriage, Divorce, etc.

My collection rule for that collection is:

(Subject:(Dating,Divorce,Famil,Marriage,Mother,Wife,Parent,Sex) OR (Edition:e AND Title:(Marriage,Husband,Wife,Dad,Mother,Parent,Dating,Divorce,Single)) OR MyTag:Family) ANDNOT (Subject:Church AND Subject:(Handbook,History,Manage))

My collection shows 162 resources based on that rule...

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 14 2017 10:11 AM

Colin:

Colin. 

Yes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS