Extended Feature Set vs Logos Now Membership

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 15 2017 11:17 PM

I'm curiously taking an unofficial survey (I don't work for Faithlife/Logos) to see who is on the Full Feature Set or Extended Feature Set vs who has a Logos Now membership, especially why you chose which option you chose.

I'm curious to see if long term, does Logos users prefer purchasing feature sets or just joining Logos Now.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 5477
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 15 2017 11:37 PM

Ownership is an illusion  Smile and brings with it obsolescence and fossilisation.

The smart move is to rent everything (at the right price).

Renting Logos Now means that Faithlife have an incentive to retain customers not just attract customers.

When I am too feeble to continue technical bible study I will be able to cease my rental.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1333
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 15 2017 11:44 PM

I have Now. I think I will continue with it. I don't see much advantage in buying the Feature Sets, as Now gives me everything in them and more.

I have been disappointed with the slow-down in new features for Now since the rollout of L7. However, these features & bonuses still make it the clear choice:

1. Online only features like the Bible browser. That one is really useful.
  2. The preview resources. Some of these have been a great blessing, items I've enjoyed reading but wouldn't care to purchase. (Though again, the selection choices have been rather poor since L7 rolled out. Please no more public domain books and no repeats--are you listening, FaithLife?)
  3. The coupons and discounts. Seriously, last month they gave a $50 off coupon. That's half the price of the annual subscription.

#3 really settles the issue for me. The annual subscription is really not that much.

Posts 5859
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 15 2017 11:48 PM

I have Logos Now membership, been with it since the beginning. 

I purchased Logos FFS, even though I have Logos Now. I see it as another way of making an investment in the company, even if only as small one in addition to my Logos Now membership.

i then opted to purchase Verbum FFS because with dynamic pricing it worked out very cheap and I got permanent licencsing on a few more things.

When the Extended Feature Set came out is was a given that I would add a little bit more into my investment in the company and I got some more resources in return for that investment.

Given the large investment I already have made over the years I want to see the company continue well into the future so even though I did not need to buy the feature sets it just seemed like a sound investment to make. And when Logos 8 comes out if I'm in a position to make those sort of investment decisions again, I'll do so.

Nathan Parker:

I'm curiously taking an unofficial survey (I don't work for Faithlife/Logos) to see who is on the Full Feature Set or Extended Feature Set vs who has a Logos Now membership, especially why you chose which option you chose.

I'm curious to see if long term, does Logos users prefer purchasing feature sets or just joining Logos Now.

Thanks!

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 1:31 AM

I am planning to get the Extended Feature Set as soon as I can afford it. I looked at LN as an option, but it is not cost effective for me. For less than 2 years of LN, I would get the set permanently. Right now, beside what I don't have from the set, there is nothing that makes me envious of what LN subscribers have access to. 

Posts 689
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 2:58 AM

I'm with Logos now for the web app (no longer an issue), the Logos 8 features (relatively thin on the ground while they work on performance improvements), the discounts and the preview resources. The last one is probably the one I get most excited about, to be fair, and with a $50 dollar voucher, the forthcoming permanent free books and some excellent preview resources, I absolutely think I got more than my money's worth.

I have bought the extended feature set, because arbitrary as it might seem, I really do want to own it. I sort of wouldn't mind delaying purchases while I'm on Logos Now, but the discount and the fact that the feature set will grow with future releases inclines me to stay on top of it so the cost (in a given release cycle) always stays reasonable for me.

I don't intend to leave Logos Now, but rental services are always a bit of an unknown - prices might go up enough to put me off in future, or my situation might change making it more impractical. I don't see that happening for a good few years, but it is a bit of an unknown.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 3:13 AM

After much debate I subscribed to Logos Now for the first time last month. The $50 coupon effectively lowered the price to where it was worth subscribing on a trial basis. When my year is up I will look at how much money it saved me (including freebies that I get to keep permanently). If what I get out of it outweighs what I paid for it, I will resubscribe. I had already purchased the full feature set last year and do not regret that decision.

Posts 939
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 22 2017 5:31 PM

I subscribe to Logos Now and thought seriously about buying the FFS and letting Now expire. However, with the recent $50 coupon, I bought a 2nd-year subscription to Now. 

Frankly, I keep going back and forth over Now and FFS. For me, though, it's one or the other, not both. 

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS