Missing MJ Smith

Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 71 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 463
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 10:31 AM

If there were a MJ Smith fan club, I'd join in a heartbeat. I hope she's ok.

Posts 2060
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 11:24 AM

There are many that no longer or rarely frequent the forums, some for known and some for unknown reasons: MJ, Matthew, Rosie, George, Steve, Milford, etc. It's funny how much those people come to mean to you just from reading their posts for so long on the forums even when you don't really know them. I miss all their valuable posts.

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 12:03 PM

Randy,

Milford went home and if you meant Steve as in Clark, then, he, too, has gone on to be with the Lord.  From your post, it sounds like you missed those forum notifications, which is not a hard thing to do.  God bless!

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 12:43 PM

It may have been more than that but Rosie stated she was finding the forums a bit too hostile (my word I don't remember her exact phrasing). Rosies has indeed posted a few times in the past several months, as to what has happened to martha hopefully she is just busy with pleasant endeavours.

-dan 

Posts 6222
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 2:50 PM

Maybe Denise can chime in.  It seemed they were both good friends and very similar in personality. 

Prayers go out to MJ (Martha) hoping she's doing well.

DAL

Posts 10035
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 3:23 PM

I'm not in MJ's world ... she's miles (and more miles) ahead of me.  A shared tradition from long ago maybe.

I just assumed she's helping on the major Logos re-write (Logos9).

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 4:03 PM

Juanita:
Milford went home and if you meant Steve as in Clark, then, he, too, has gone on to be with the Lord

And so has Matthew Jones.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 6222
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 4:42 PM

Mark Smith:

Juanita:
Milford went home and if you meant Steve as in Clark, then, he, too, has gone on to be with the Lord

You mean SuperTramp? Oh man! If so, my prayers go out to his family and kids.  May the Lord be with them always!

DAL

Posts 2060
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 4:47 PM

Juanita:

Thanks, Juanita. I was aware of their passing. Milford's was the first time I cried for someone I had never met and who probably didn't know me from Adam, but I read his posts so often here that I felt like I knew him as well as anyone IRL. I still miss their presence here on the forums. They both contributed a great deal to the forums and taught me a great deal.

Mark Smith:

I don't remember learning that Matthew had passed, but I knew his condition. He will also be dearly missed.

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 5:11 PM

Randy W. Sims:
I don't remember learning that Matthew had passed, but I knew his condition. He will also be dearly missed.

Matthew passed away on March 2. His passing was shared by his wife among the MVPs. Perhaps one of us should have said something.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 5:47 PM

Juanita:

Randy,

Milford went home and if you meant Steve as in Clark, then, he, too, has gone on to be with the Lord.  From your post, it sounds like you missed those forum notifications, which is not a hard thing to do.  God bless!

Are you speaking of the Steve Clark that gave us the Logos Library Reporter?

Posts 7943
LogosEmployee

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Yes. https://community.logos.com/forums/t/127178.aspx 

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 7:04 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Yes. https://community.logos.com/forums/t/127178.aspx 

Wow. I missed the notice for some reason, and sorry to hear this news. I was beginning to wonder why there hasn't been an update in the reporter for some time. BTW: He lives on for some of us (as we didn't know him personally) through his software that is still useful to this day.

Posts 4873
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 10:25 PM

My thoughts are with Matthew's family. I had wondered how he was going as I hadn't seen him post anything for quite a long time. Thank you Mark for letting us all know of his passing.

Mark Smith:

Randy W. Sims:

Matthew passed away on March 2. His passing was shared by his wife among the MVPs. Perhaps one of us should have said something.

Posts 341
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 11:42 PM

I also missed the thread about Steve Clark.

I just looked it up and who was there making the first response .... MJ Smith.

Stephen Miller

Australia

Posts 26108
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 30 2017 12:22 AM

Thank you all - it's nice to be missed and I do intent to return. There was a confluence of events, political and personal, that coincided with a spate of rather nasty posts that made me decide to take a breather - an in-life retreat to insure I kept my sight on the one appropriate prize for a Christian. Coming from a tradition of theosis, I take this very seriously. I had assumed that I would jump back in with both feet when the retreat was finished.

Unfortunately, a number of small family issues and a couple of side projects - one Logos related - have kept me saying "next week I'll start monitoring the forums again" with next week never quite arriving. I do expect to get back to the weekly summaries of the best posts and a bit later to hints of the day in a more structured order than the first time through.

Again, thank you for caring enough to ask.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3655
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 30 2017 12:30 AM

MJ. Smith:
Again, thank you for caring enough to ask.

Thank you MJ for the update - know that you will continue to be in our prayers (well, mine anyhow Big Smile)

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 30 2017 12:32 AM

It's great to hear from you MJ and I look forward to you joining us again. In my denomination, our ministers have the provision of an annual week of sabbatical and I've always found that very beneficial. I hope yours has been a blessing too. Now I'm off to learn about theosis!

Colin.  

Posts 511
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 30 2017 12:45 AM

Your presence is highly valued and your absence missed, MJ. Thank you for the countless instances of informed and courteous help that you have provided to many in these Logos fora. Blessings on you in all of your endeavors.

Posts 956
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 30 2017 4:07 AM

Yes

Page 2 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS