Singapore

Posts 4328
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 15 2017 1:09 PM

😁 Keep voting

Posts 64
C.E.H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 16 2017 5:25 AM

DAL:

😁 Keep voting

Already 50 votes. That isn't too much. Isn't it?

Posts 4328
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 16 2017 5:46 AM

C.E.H.:

DAL:

😁 Keep voting

Already 50 votes. That isn't too much. Isn't it?

Honestly I don't know how many votes we need in order for Faithlife to start taking action.  I know the sermon editor feature I requested (ability to add pictures that zoom in and out)  only has 30 votes,  but supposedly that's a feature that will be available in the future anyway.  So I really don't know.

Posts 4713
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 16 2017 10:49 AM

Faithlife's priorities and workings are often times real mysteries... if we look at the example of the final volume of Westminster Bible Companion now under contract I inquired about it over 2 years ago when it was first released, almost immediately it was available on Kindle.... I was told sometime in late 2015 it would be pursued but no time frame. I learned in September it was in the queue... I think it was November I was told FL had received the files and it would be coming out to prepub soon.... It made it to prepub in February shortly after my last email inquiry. I apologize to FL if my emails (about 6 a year on this issue) were a bother and I most certainly know not if there was help or hinderance or no difference from my enquires. But this leads me to believe at times getting a new book in FL is an extremely slow process unless it is made an absolute top priority (I have seen numerous PP come up and being under contract as soon as they are offered (this could be due to extreme popularity but I think more likely because they are in PP name only, they are going because FL wants them ASAP) and of course we were told of the fortress press experiment to offer 2 books when they were released in hard copy format. I am not sure how that worked for them but I suspect it is a much better process that will find FL selling more copies as I am almost positive there are scores of people who say I need BOOK X now do i wait 3 years for it to show up in FL or buy it at a bargain price in KINDLE. I am not talking in general about commentaries (although I was tempted to get WBC Corinthians in Kindle format and make a personal book out of it for Logos) but other books for certain. I find FL prePub system far less than ideal and must in my mind change, although I acknowledge that FL runs their business as they see fit and may well be right with it's model being best for them (to me as an end user I can tell you FL has lost a lot of business from me to Amazon and other Bible software because of inability to purchase what is trapped in PP).

-dan

Posts 64
C.E.H. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 16 2017 10:48 PM

Thank you Dan and DAL! Interesting. So let's hope FL will get a good deal with Kregel and purchase it soon :)

Posts 4328
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 11:41 AM

C.E.H.:

Thank you Dan and DAL! Interesting. So let's hope FL will get a good deal with Kregel and purchase it soon :)

You're welcome 👍

Posts 313
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 1:54 PM

DAL:

Please bring Allen P Ross volume 3 on the Psalms to Logos. It's too good to have it incomplete! 👍 Currently only two volumes are available.

Thanks!

DAL

This one is a real head-scratcher. SMH? ;-)

It's definitely been recommended before, as well as other volumes from Kregel Exegetical Library. Here are a few examples:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/86043/799731.aspx 

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/82124.aspx 

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/126619/824001.aspx 

Google search query: Kregel Exegetical Library site:http://community.logos.com/forums/

Posts 648
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 2:00 PM

Hi all,

This is on our list of books to acquire. I'm not sure when we'll have it up, but it's definitely on our radar.

Thanks!

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 4328
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 2:31 PM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

Hi all,

This is on our list of books to acquire. I'm not sure when we'll have it up, but it's definitely on our radar.

Thanks!

Thanks for giving us an update. I guess we'll just have to wait now. No need to bump this thread anymore 👍

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.