Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 11:10 AM

Denise:
In the backgound, you hear some fading flapping wings. Then stillness.

Sounds just like the end of a Hemingway novel.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 3048
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 15 2017 8:28 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

James Taylor:
1. will we still be able to do this in the future (if we find one on ebay for instance)

Yes, but you can only add the licenses from that CD to Logos 7 (or later), and you will have to call Customer Service to do so. It will not be possible to apply the licenses from that CD to a working LDLS3 installation (if you have one).

Just to have it completely clear in my head, I can buy a never-opened Libronix product from a store and phone up Customer Service and they will get it to work in Verbum/Logos 7?

(I ask this because I have the opportunity to buy a never-sold Libronix product from a store nice and cheap.)

Posts 10035
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 15 2017 8:34 AM

SineNomine:

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

James Taylor:
1. will we still be able to do this in the future (if we find one on ebay for instance)

Yes, but you can only add the licenses from that CD to Logos 7 (or later), and you will have to call Customer Service to do so. It will not be possible to apply the licenses from that CD to a working LDLS3 installation (if you have one).

Just to have it completely clear in my head, I can buy a never-opened Libronix product from a store and phone up Customer Service and they will get it to work in Verbum/Logos 7?

(I ask this because I have the opportunity to buy a never-sold Libronix product from a store nice and cheap.)

Yes, but you can do it yourself if you want, by filling in the unique product key that comes with the Libronix CD-ROM into the box at http://logos.com/redeem 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3048
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 16 2017 11:54 AM

NB.Mick:
Yes, but you can do it yourself if you want, by filling in the unique product key that comes with the Libronix CD-ROM into the box at http://logos.com/redeem 

So that's not part of what Faithlife got rid of?

Posts 17963
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 16 2017 8:46 PM

SineNomine:

NB.Mick:

So that's not part of what Faithlife got rid of?

Correct as https://www.logos.com/redeem associates Libronix resource licenses with your Faithlife account. Web servers for Libronix Digital Library System (LDLS) included a license server, which was synced with your Faithlife account (so your library licenses were on two sets of servers - now the LDLS servers have been turned off).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1945
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 1:32 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Correct as https://www.logos.com/redeem associates Libronix resource licenses with your Faithlife account. Web servers for Libronix Digital Library System (LDLS) included a license server, which was synced with your Faithlife account (so your library licenses were on two sets of servers - now the LDLS servers have been turned off).

I have been following this thread which has left me a bit confused.  Glad to hear of this website you just mentioned.

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 1:33 AM

I like having L3 and L> together, but I still would trade away everything since 2009 to keep Libronix active. It has never been equaled in what it does best, and for me what it does is indispensable. Long Live Libronix!!! Wilted FlowerBeerYes

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 8:23 AM

Friday, Logos went into a 25% CPU unending circle during a search. Had to go into a separate program to kill it plus its sidekick. Then switched to Libby.

Ah, peace and good will to all Libby-lovers.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 6:27 PM

Stop all this nostalgiaSad At this rate I'll have to get a WinXP Guest OS.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1
Madsen Altamirano | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 11:04 PM

I got the LifeWorks Library, but it installed Libtronix and the countdown thing won't stop.  I tried https://www.logos.com/redeem, but it oddly says the code is in use.  The CD was a gift, and I was told it was not used before.  Is there any other way I can get my books onto Logos?  Or is there any other way to unlock Libtronix?  Because when I connect to the internet it says the service isn't supported, and I see why now.

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 7:12 AM

Hi, Madsen. Welcome to the forums.

Technical support for Libronix ended maybe 5 years ago, but they did continue to support product and licensing until their server became iffy, with the funeral recently (this thread). After that, the redeem page you tried.

Presuming their lookup for the license is correct, I'd assume 'not used before' needs verifying?  Shrink-wrapped, etc? The uniqueness of the code was their only protection through the last 13 years or so. Libby's almost ready for high school!

Posts 13
LogosEmployee
Nate Merritt (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 27 2017 7:56 AM

I suggest contacting Customer Service (https://www.logos.com/contact).  They can confirm if the code you are trying to use on www.logos.com/redeem was previously used by another customer.

Posts 1
Marty Rosenberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 10:26 PM

The worst happened - my computer completely crashed with Libronix on it.

I have loaded Logos 7 but all the versions of the bible I enjoyed and had paid for are not accessible.  How can I get them back?

Posts 10035
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2018 12:07 AM

Marty Rosenberg:

The worst happened - my computer completely crashed with Libronix on it.

I have loaded Logos 7 but all the versions of the bible I enjoyed and had paid for are not accessible.  How can I get them back?

Hi Marty, 

welcome to the Logos user forums! 

Sorry to hear about your issues. Libronix to L7 is quite a jump! Assuming your Libronix installation had synchronized with the Faithlife servers back when those were running, the license server for Logos 7 knows about your bibles and other books, thus Logos 7 will automatically download all your library resources - this presupposed that you used the exact same email-address for Logos 7 that was on file for Libronix. If this is not the case, Customer Service will need to reassign your Libronix account licenses to the Logos 7 account. 

In case your Libronix was not synced to the servers, but recently installed from CD-ROM, you'll need to connect the resource licenses to your account by inputting the product key into https://www.logos.com/redeem  

Hope this helps a bit,

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1
Jim Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 2:36 PM

I am looking for a copy of Libronix 3.0g file.  Does anyone have a copy.  My portable hard drive crashed and I didn't have it backed up.

Thanks,

jim

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 3:47 PM

Jim Campbell:

I am looking for a copy of Libronix 3.0g file.  Does anyone have a copy.  My portable hard drive crashed and I didn't have it backed up.

Unless you have your licence backed up, you won't be able to install it, even if you have the files. It won't be able to connect to the server.

Is there any reason why you're not willing/able to update to Logos? It's free, and assuming you've synchronised your licences in the past, you shouldn't lose any resources: https://www.logos.com/product/168880/logos-8-basic

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2019 7:03 PM

Jim Campbell:

Thanks,

jim

"Crashed" how? Like BSoD "crashed"? Or the disk doesn't spin "crashed"? If it's just some form of registry error or similar, you may be able to reinstall your old school version of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, or whatever you had) on the same disk and then you can find the L3 files in the old defunct folder and port them to your fresh Win install. Worked for me a few years back.

Thankfully, I just bought a brand new SSD and mirrored my old SATA HD onto it. Now I have a back-up. At some point I will probably buy another SSD and make a second mirror of it. I'm so glad I've got that back-up. Loads of simmering dread has washed away.

Posts 1
DRDIVELY | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 10 2019 9:49 AM

So is there anyone anywhere that can verify purchases of Libronix programs in the past, specifically Ages Software?  

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 10 2019 10:04 AM

DAVID DIVELY:

So is there anyone anywhere that can verify purchases of Libronix programs in the past, specifically Ages Software?  

If you synced your Libronix licences with the servers, then Faithlife will have a record of all your Libronix resources.

Posts 13
LogosEmployee
Nate Merritt (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 10 2019 10:49 AM

Mark Barnes:

DAVID DIVELY:

If you synced your Libronix licences with the servers, then Faithlife will have a record of all your Libronix resources.

Note that we disabled the webservices (per this thread) that allowed you to sync your Libronix licenses via the license sync functionality in Libronix Digital Library System (LDLS) 3.  That said, if you still have your old install available of LLS2 or LDLS 3 and never synced your licenses to Faithlife servers you can still contact Customer Service, send them your licenses file, and they can import your licenses to your account on your behalf.  Also, if you did sync your licenses (via either method) then customer service can verify any purchase that has been imported onto our servers.

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS