Request: I need to disable sermon audio recording on a per-machine basis

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11778
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 12 2017 9:32 AM

We're now using Proclaim to record our sermons, which is a really useful feature. However, I'm finding that I keep triggering the record feature when I'm testing my presentation. If I disable recording, I'll probably forget to re-enable it later, so what I would really like is the ability to disable recording on this local machine, so that I can effectively run tests without generating redundant and silent audio files.

Posts 142
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 15 2017 1:16 PM

Hello Mark,

Thank you very much for your suggestion, we appreciate your suggestion and this is something we could possibly take back to our team and consider. For future suggestions I advise posting future suggestions over at our UserVoice: https://proclaim.uservoice.com

Posts 3892
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 12:25 AM

Hi Christian

Christian Villapando:

Hello Mark,

Thank you very much for your suggestion, we appreciate your suggestion and this is something we could possibly take back to our team and consider. For future suggestions I advise posting future suggestions over at our UserVoice: https://proclaim.uservoice.com

This is the second time that I have read this formulaic response to a suggestion made in this forum. I must admit I find it a little grating. 

Often when a user makes a suggestion they are doing one of two things.

They may well be floating the idea in order to see if others think it worthwhile or can offer a better solution or can offer refinements that make it a better suggestion.

They may well be wondering if the idea is indeed technically feasible, would be a simple fix or a major piece of work.

Jumping straight over to the Suggestions Forum cuts off any discussion or refinement of the idea.

Suggestions migrating to the that forum after a period of reflection may mean that the idea is much better by the time it gets there.

A more nuanced reply from the team would be helpful.

Posts 3437
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 8:47 AM

Mark Barnes:

We're now using Proclaim to record our sermons, which is a really useful feature. However, I'm finding that I keep triggering the record feature when I'm testing my presentation. If I disable recording, I'll probably forget to re-enable it later, so what I would really like is the ability to disable recording on this local machine, so that I can effectively run tests without generating redundant and silent audio files.

This is something we've discussed internally and will likely be implemented in a future release. It's not on our short list so I'm hesitant to give any indication on time-frame. Thanks for the feedback.

Posts 1597
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 7:21 PM

Mark, I agree that this is a great idea, and asked the team to move it up the list. Thanks!

Posts 1597
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 7:22 PM

I think it's good to post suggestions to the forums for discussion; UserVoice can be helpful too, though, to let others 'vote' your suggestion up. We do pay a lot of attention to the items that earn a lot of votes there. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.