Highlights messed up since today ...

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 12 2017 11:58 AM

Hello, i'm in the process of finishing some important work for my studies and when i started Logos this morning i noticed that my highlights are compeltly messed up. 

I made a print export similar to the one i did in june, to show you the problem. The problem appears not only in the export, but is in the program itself.

Today's export

0410.Heb 13 - july 2017.pdf

June's export.

0312.Heb 13_1-25.pdf

Any ideas ?

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 12:04 PM

Curiously this seems to have been maintained for the corresponding notes and highlights on multiple resources:

Posts 22019
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 1:28 PM

My guess is this is an indexing problem.

Try the command "reindex na28" and see if that resolves it

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 12:06 AM

I tried reindexing, yet still don't work :/

Highlight are messed up for this ressource boh on my laptop and main computer. Yet they show to be perfectly right in android app. Strange

Thanks anyway.

Posts 27781
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 3:59 AM

Yann Parodi:
Yet they show to be perfectly right in android app. Strange

On which device were the highlights created? I assume the resource is downloaded on Android, right? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 5:06 AM

They were created on a Windows laptop. On Android na28 is downloaded indeed, yet not up to date. I fear clicking on update...  Maybe I should try to know if if it comes from an updated version of NA28.

Posts 27781
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 9:50 AM

Yann Parodi:
On Android na28 is downloaded indeed, yet not up to date. I fear clicking on update...

You should fear doing so... I think when you update, you will find it adjusts to what you are seeing elsewhere. FL will need to take a look. 

One thing to try: Download the app to another mobile device OR download one of the other apps and see if it indeed goes screwy. 

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 10:27 PM

I just installed the application on an Ipad, and the highlights are messed up in NA28 just like on the computers.

It seems it is a resource based problem then? What should i do?

Thanks for four help.

Yann

Posts 4677
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 12:26 AM

Yann

I does look as if this is serious enough for you to need to contact Faithlife directly.

When I do this from the UK I call their landline number but use Skype for the call. While not actually free to use for this purpose the cost of the call is very small and the Faithlife staff understand the slight delay that sometimes happens. The system works well for me.

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 9:41 AM

Today, I wrote to them. Waiting for their answer now :)

Posts 9
LogosEmployee
Jake Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 3:44 PM

Yann,

If re-indexing is not resolving the issue there might be an issue with your sync folder on that particular device and you might need to delete your documents folder within your Logos installation and re-sync. Either way I would recommend giving us a call so that we can connect to your machine and provide advanced troubleshooting.

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 15 2017 12:14 AM

I tried deleting documents folder... did not work :( The problem is not on a particular device, it is on every device / app on this specific resource NA28. Not on the smartphone though were I did not update the resource I downloaded a few weekes ago.

Posts 27781
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 15 2017 4:43 AM

Which specific version of the app are you running? 

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 15 2017 5:02 AM

I run 5.15.2 on android

Posts 34
Yann Parodi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 15 2017 5:22 AM

I decided to update the resource on the app to see where it comes from ... 

Very informative ^^

Posts 22019
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 15 2017 5:43 AM

Yann Parodi:
Very informative ^^

Indeed

So it looks as though the app on the right has downloaded a later version of the resource and this is causing the problem.

I experimented with this - I looked on my iPad and it had an earlier version downloaded (the one you show on the left of your diagram) and after removing it and downloading it again it showed the version on the right of your diagram.

I expect that removing the resource from the app on the right - and not downloading it again - would clear up the highlighting problem (but you would only have access to the resource when on line). This wouldn't have course, help with the problem which you are seeing on the desktop but it probably throws some light on it as the same version is being used on the desktop as the one shown on the right of your diagram.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS