MacARTHUR COMMENTARIES - Lots of Typos and Words missing

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1366
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 15 2017 8:01 PM

As I went through JOHN MacARTHUR'S 2-Volume Commentaries on the Book of REVELATION, and comparing them with the HARDBACK COPIES that I own; I encountered so many typos, I cannot even remember the amount of them; and also words missing as well. 

When it came to his 2-Volume Commentaries on the Book of ACTS, it was even worse. Most of the Scripture text is not in lower case letters, and also, not BOLDED OUT, as it should be in the HARDBACK COPIES. This, is particularly in Volume 2 - which is Chapters 13-28. There are also Typos here as well.

The SUBTITLES on the commentary in ACTS, CHAPTER 16 are all missing.

I reported everything with the REPORT TYPO FEATURE. I have the MNTC -33 Volumes  in HARDBACK COPIES, and I will continue to report the Typos as I find them.

In the meantime, can anything be done about this, or do we have to wait for the Publisher to correct these mistakes?

Posts 24855
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 16 2017 4:14 AM

Did you try "look inside" at google books or kindle?

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 1366
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 16 2017 5:51 AM

Hi alabama24

I did try the "Look Inside" on Google Books and Kindle, but they would only let me go so far.

One thing I did notice on Kindle, is that the MNTC looks really up to date, with the new covers and everything.

Posts 24855
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 16 2017 9:08 AM
Thanks for all your diligence with these!

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 1366
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 16 2017 9:22 AM

You are quite welcome alabama24

Very happy to do it; to see that the typos and mistakes get corrected.

Posts 1386
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 16 2017 7:41 PM

Hey Kenute!

Glad to see you posting again after somewhat of a pause.

Win7 Android 4.4.2

Posts 1366
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 4:53 AM

Thank you Robert M. Warren

Posts 4530
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 6:44 AM

Kenute P. Curry:

Thank you Robert M. Warren

Good to see you too! 

DAL

Posts 1366
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 7:16 AM

Thank you DAL

Really appreciate it so much.

Posts 613
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 8:38 AM

This set is high on our list to get updated but there have been a few hold-ups from making that possible.

I'll revisit the issue again.

Posts 4530
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 11:38 AM

You would think that with new contract and all Moody would have given Faithlife the new covers and corrected content; unless it isn't really a Moody problem, since I don't really know how books get made in Logos. Maybe Logos just pulled their old files out of the closet and started selling them again without correcting them.

DAL

Posts 1366
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 12:12 PM

Thank you Kyle G. Anderson for keeping us updated.

Posts 1366
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 12:52 PM

This entire paragraph is missing from ACTS - Chapter 26 - Page 336

Posts 1717
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 6:09 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

This set is high on our list to get updated but there have been a few hold-ups from making that possible.

I'll revisit the issue again.

Thank you Kyle.  I know we haven spoken about this before and there are some unmentioned issues regarding this.  I do hope that these get fixed someday as they are the commentaries I use the most.  Lucky for me I own the paperback copies but sadly I have to use both Logos and my paperbacks simultaneously due to the amount of errors I have found.  I did submit typos on most of the errors I have found but they never got addressed which I'm guessing is due to the "hold-ups" you mentioned earlier

Posts 613
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 9:31 AM

Good news. The hurdles have been cleared and the entire collection is in line for a full update.

Please use the "Report typo" function and continue to report as many typos as possible. It is incredibly helpful.

I don't have an ETA on when this will be finished. If I had to wave my hands and guess I'd expect 4th quarter of 2017.

Posts 1717
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 9:36 AM

Yes

Kyle G. Anderson:

Good news. The hurdles have been cleared and the entire collection is in line for a full update.

Please use the "Report typo" function and continue to report as many typos as possible. It is incredibly helpful.

I don't have an ETA on when this will be finished. If I had to wave my hands and guess I'd expect 4th quarter of 2017.

Posts 1366
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 1:33 PM

That is very good news Kyle G. Anderson

Thank you so much for following through with this situation.

Posts 2808
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 4:13 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

This is great news. Thank you. This is a commentary series that I love to go to after I've finished studying a passage, and it will be good to have it updated. Sounds like Logos has plenty of people to tackle this crowd-sourcing-style. I wonder if Logos would be willing to give credit and assign us to do some work with these. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 156
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 5:49 PM

Kyle, this is a blessing for all of us. I personally use Johnny Mac's commentaries regularly, and have likewise noticed all these errors. Very glad that an update is in the pipeline.

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 1717
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 19 2017 2:35 PM

Kyle sir... Since we are on the MNTC topic.  Any chance of the index volume making it into logos as well?

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.