MacARTHUR COMMENTARIES - Lots of Typos and Words missing

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1717
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 11 2017 3:31 AM

Found another error last night. Chapters 3 and 4 both say they cover 1:4-1:12 in table of contents and headings but if you go to chapter 4 1:13-1:17 is listed 

This is in the James volume

Posts 613
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 11 2017 11:09 AM

Thanks for the report. 

For those interested: if you ever find a typo in the Table of Contents Pane you can report it by clicking on the chapter title with a note saying that the Table of Contents is incorrect. We'll know what to do with it.

Posts 43
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 11 2017 3:03 PM

Hi,

I have the 1994 edition of John's commentary and it does not even look like what have as a photo. I am wondering if John made an update and it is different from my edition. The page numbers even appear different.

Bob

Posts 1367
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 11 2017 4:45 PM

The first volume of ACTS is 1994 Robert

The second volume is 1996.

John MacArthur Has not made any updates so far. 

Posts 43
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 11 2017 8:19 PM

Well now I am really confused. My copy is one vol. in Logos but in two parts and my pages do not look anything like your photo. 

Posts 1367
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 7:54 AM

Yes, Acts is in 1 Volume, and in 2 parts in Logos Robert, but I have the print hardback copies, which are in 2 separate volumes; and that is what I am going by, hence my pages and photo will look different than the one in Logos.

Posts 786
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 4:24 PM

This is too funny. I think. It is from MacArthur's Matthew commentary on chapter 18.

Posts 1367
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 6:30 PM

This is the MNTC, Matthew, Volume 3, chapter 18:1-4, page 96, Michael McLane

The word "component" is right in the HARDBACK PRINT EDITION, which I do have.

This volume covers Matthew 16-23.

Posts 786
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 13 2017 4:39 AM

Don't be distracted by the highlighted word. That was due to a stay click just before the screen shot.

I was more interested in Jesus' call to END the Kingdom in the third sentence. He never struck me as the rebellious Son type. :-)

Posts 1717
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 3:57 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Good news. The hurdles have been cleared and the entire collection is in line for a full update.

Please use the "Report typo" function and continue to report as many typos as possible. It is incredibly helpful.

I don't have an ETA on when this will be finished. If I had to wave my hands and guess I'd expect 4th quarter of 2017.

Good afternoon sir.  I had 6 MNTC's download today.  Are these the revised ones you mention here or just updates that were in line?  Will the new versions roll out in pieces if they are the revised ones?  Thank you in advance

Posts 613
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 8:16 AM

Mattillo:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Good news. The hurdles have been cleared and the entire collection is in line for a full update.

Please use the "Report typo" function and continue to report as many typos as possible. It is incredibly helpful.

I don't have an ETA on when this will be finished. If I had to wave my hands and guess I'd expect 4th quarter of 2017.

Good afternoon sir.  I had 6 MNTC's download today.  Are these the revised ones you mention here or just updates that were in line?  Will the new versions roll out in pieces if they are the revised ones?  Thank you in advance

This is the roll-out I mentioned. You'll see them roll out in pieces over the next couple of months.

Posts 1367
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 11:12 AM

Thanks Kyle G. Anderson

I was assuming that they would all roll out all at once, so I was wondering what was happening when 3 of my MNTC's updated.

Posts 1717
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 11:16 AM

Yes!  Agreed and Thank you Kyle for fixing this series.  Do you think the 34th volume will ever make it into logos?  It is available in print and is the index volume

Posts 1717
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 20 2017 11:39 AM

Kyle sir

I haven't tried it out yet but I was curious if the MNTC is (or will be) compatible with the "Lemma in Passage" function after it is re-done. 

Posts 613
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 20 2017 2:48 PM

Mattillo:

Kyle sir

I haven't tried it out yet but I was curious if the MNTC is (or will be) compatible with the "Lemma in Passage" function after it is re-done. 

I don't think so. In order for a commentary to appear in the Lemma in Passage section they require, at minimum, some Greek Text. I'm not familiar with all the volumes of the MNTC but as far as I know, they don't use Greek and thus won't appear in the Lemma in Passage.

Hope that helps.

Posts 1040
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 20 2017 9:08 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Mattillo:

Kyle sir

I don't think so. In order for a commentary to appear in the Lemma in Passage section they require, at minimum, some Greek Text. I'm not familiar with all the volumes of the MNTC but as far as I know, they don't use Greek and thus won't appear in the Lemma in Passage.

Hope that helps.

Actually, MNTC is included as it uses transliterations. The transliterations are lemmatized, and available in Lemma in Passage. In the example below, I limited Lemma in Passage to the "MacArthur New Testament Commentary" collection and ran on Mt 5:3. 

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1717
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 21 2017 5:08 AM
Wow! Best news all week. I'm so glad you guys decided to re do this set to fix all the errors and now this is icing on the cake. Again thank you
Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.