Import word lists

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 80
Pastor Kay | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 16 2017 9:07 PM

Is it possible to import word lists into Logos 7? I found the app for Greek Flashcards, but you need a word list from the desktop program. I don't want to make my own, I want to use one for the Kairos book, which I found a file for online at the Logos website, but the instructions for how to import it all date back to Logos 3 and don't work anymore.

I just want to not reinvent the wheel. Is this a broken function that Logos forgot about? When I type "Import Word Lists" into the command bar I get a nicely capitalized version which makes me think that at one point someone thought it should do something- but it does nothing.

Posts 8329
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 12:36 AM

Pastor Kay:
I found the app for Greek Flashcards, but you need a word list from the desktop program. I don't want to make my own, I want to use one for the Kairos book, which I found a file for online at the Logos website, but the instructions for how to import it all date back to Logos 3 and don't work anymore.

Actually I'm not sure whether that command still works, but you will probably not need it.

All of the word lists from that old Libronix site (and more) have been converted to Logos 4+ Word List documents. Word lists can be shared through Faithlife groups and there are at least two of them that carry a lot of this material, including the Kairos vocabulary.

You'll need to join the group - as a member you can see the Logos Documents section and then search for the Kairos list. Use Actions / Copy to receive your own version of it - it will download to your Logos desktop program and you can use it in the Flashcards application.

https://faithlife.com/word-lists-for-flashcards/activity 

https://faithlife.com/introductory-grammar-vocabulary-lists/activity 

Hope this helps!

Running Logos 7 latest (beta) version

Posts 80
Pastor Kay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 7:49 PM

Awesome! Worked perfectly, thank you!

Posts 8329
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 19 2017 3:01 AM

Pastor Kay:

Awesome! Worked perfectly, thank you!

Glad to hear that, good luck with your Greek learning!

Running Logos 7 latest (beta) version

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.