How would you introduce Word Studies to a Bible Study?

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 5:49 AM

Robert Pavich:

I'm guessing that this resource is:

"D Knife"? (name slightly changed to protect me from the forum rules) Stick out tongue

That was my guess as well.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 7:43 AM

Robert Pavich:
"D Knife"? (name slightly changed to protect me from the forum rules) Stick out tongue

WRONG!

I actually knew about the one that Jim had mentioned, but I did't know about the free resources available for it.

I don't mind showing people my Logos as long as I have a free/low cost alternative to present along side. I just really don't want to come across as telling people that they need to drop a grand to study the bible. Especially with so many people being out of work. I struggle with the same sensitivity concerning all my "Toys", knowing that there are people out there who just can't afford them.  

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 8:26 AM

JimVanSchoonhoven:
There is a great free bible study program that can be downloaded online and given out for free.  This free program allows them to have all the tools that you can find at the online sites plus many more!

Jim,

Can you email me a link to this resource. I have a group at my church I am starting to work with and would love to offer this as a tool for them to consider.

email: fredc@westsidewarrior.org

Posts 97
Al | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 8:59 AM

Jim, I'd like the free Bible Study resource sent to me, if you can.

Thanks

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 2:11 PM

Robert, that is a good program "e-knife", I handed that one out for years, but it does not compare with the one that I am handing out now!!!

The program it's self is much better and the resources are better and the number of resources is growing almost daily, one of the bigger churches in the country is making new resouces for it, and is giving free copies of the program along with over 700 resources for free. I have recently heard that Langes commentary is a resource that is being worked on, I sure hope so!

This is a great program for those that can not afford Logos, and hopefully people that start out with it will eventually want a better program with newer resources that have copyrights, in which case Logos will there for them.

Kurt, I will send you information, but I have to ask...did you write down the right e-mail address?  I hope Terry is laughing right now!

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 2:24 PM

Kurt, I sent the information let me know if you got it.

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 4:22 PM

JimVanSchoonhoven:
Robert, that is a good program "e-knife", I handed that one out for years, but it does not compare with the one that I am handing out now!!!

Ok...then can you send me the link also?

rpavich (at) gmail (dot) com

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 4:54 PM

Fred and Robert I have sent you links, please let me know if you get them.

As for Al, I don't know where to send the information to!!!

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 62
Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 6:02 AM

JimVanSchoonhoven:

As I am preparing to teach a bible study class this fall, I would appreciate the link as well...  mlt333 (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Thanks!

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 6:26 AM

Jim,

I got the links, thank you very much, I also have recommended that one to my "Logos-deprived" brethern...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 71
Brian Huddleston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 6:52 AM

Just checked the thread after a couple of days.  Could you also send me the links at brianhudd (at) gmail (dot) com?

Thanks!

Wylie, TX

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 12:29 PM

I have sent the links to everyone that left an email address, if you do not get them today, post here and I will try sending the info again.

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 7:22 PM

Fred Chapman:

JimVanSchoonhoven:
There is a great free bible study program that can be downloaded online and given out for free.  This free program allows them to have all the tools that you can find at the online sites plus many more!

Jim,

Can you email me a link to this resource. I have a group at my church I am starting to work with and would love to offer this as a tool for them to consider.

email: fredc@westsidewarrior.org

Got it. Thanks Jim

Posts 3692
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 7:37 PM

JimVanSchoonhoven:

Jim:

I would like to receive this information as well -- (floydj at gmail dot com).

Thank you and God bless.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 34
Richard Brohier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 8:12 PM

Jim, Would love to get a hold of that resource. I am working with a group that I hope I can interest through such free access - thereby wetting their appetite for more - such as Logos down the track. Thanks Richard

Posts 34
Richard Brohier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 8:16 PM

Sorry Jim my email - richbroh@optusnet.com.au

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 10:00 PM

Floyd and Rich I just sent the information off to you guys, but on your's Floyd I forgot to put the subject in, but if you get something from me you  it is the right info.

If I missed anyone feel free to contact me through this thread I will check back again,

I want to make sure everyone knows there is a free pdf file on the main site that tells you how to use the program there is also information when you start up the program and a help file.

Calvery Crossroads is also giving away free copies that has over 700 resources already loaded in the program, the last I heard! 

In Christ,

Jim

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS