7.8 (7.8.0.0031) is Now Available

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 11:05 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Robert Dean, Jr:

For clarity: I have the same problem with the spacing and really do not care for this spacing, it is both functionally cumbersome and visually unappealing. The option to expand or compress sounds like a great option.

We wanted to unify the toolbar between Windows and Mac. Windows had more space between the shortcuts. Mac had less. We unified on Mac, but we're going to switch and unify with what Mac had instead. We agree that Windows is a bit too spacious. Thanks for the feedback.

I really hope we can have more options some day. UI needs updating to allow for the increasing variety of display sizes, resolutions, and densities as well as differing input devices, touch, etc. options like: Icon size, spacing, text, custom icons, group separators, toggle buttons for commands, multiple toolbars, horizontal, vertical, and floating. And different settings for each installation, device.

Posts 5561
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 28 2017 2:32 AM

Randy W. Sims:
I really hope we can have more options some day. UI needs updating to allow for the increasing variety of display sizes, resolutions, and densities

The whole thing needs to be put into a sidebar or a an inspector panel the can be triggered into view as needed.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 237
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 30 2017 6:08 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Robert Dean, Jr:

For clarity: I have the same problem with the spacing and really do not care for this spacing, it is both functionally cumbersome and visually unappealing. The option to expand or compress sounds like a great option.

We wanted to unify the toolbar between Windows and Mac. Windows had more space between the shortcuts. Mac had less. We unified on Mac, but we're going to switch and unify with what Mac had instead. We agree that Windows is a bit too spacious. Thanks for the feedback.

]

Yes, please go back to the way it was on Mac.  I felt like I lost functionality with this UI "fix."  Perhaps you could also add the ability to add a space on the shortcut area if desired, to allow for easy organizing.

Posts 3704
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 10:36 AM

PetahChristian:

Is there a linked thread regarding the spacing for the application tool bar?

It looks like a great deal of padding was added around every single thing on the tool bar, including the command box and each shortcut icon, leading to the situation where I can no longer see every shortcut (without having to horizontally scroll them).

I hadn't run into any issues regarding the more compact tool bar; I'm curious to know what led to this change. Thanks!

The issue with the whitespace has been improved in 7.9.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS