Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 174
Bob Brannon | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 25 2017 2:12 PM

For some time now, we just learned, our podcasts are not working.  I don't use Apple products but those who do say our podcast link to download does nothing.  Can anyone help us figure this out?

Here is the link (https://gbcdillon.org/subscribe-to-podcasts/) to the process we use, but again, for some time now, it turns out there is nothing to download.

Creating a link, on our own website, to our sermons on soundfaith, works fine but no Apple users can download from there (showing my partiallity here, that's another reason not to use Apple products, :)  )

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 2:55 PM

Hello Bob, 

Thank you for the information and the post. I apologize for the trouble you're experiencing with Podcasts. I would recommend evaluating your podcast feed information to ensure it's up to date and posted correctly. We have an article that talks a bit about it here: http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/205835796-Podcasting-Sermon-Recordings 

Let us know if it continues after checking the podcast feed. 

Posts 174
Bob Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 15 2017 3:31 PM

Still working on this Christian.  Thanks for sticking with me.

I have checked and what I see is that when I get to the point where I want to subscribe to podcasts, I am taken somewhere where nothing happens.  Can you help me with this?  I am trying this on an iPad.  Here are the steps for example from our sermon from this past Sunday:

1) https://soundfaith.com/sermons/197994-eyes-on-the-prize 

2) click on the Share button to the right of the Preview button in very light red just below the message title graphic

3) click on Podcast at the top of the popup window

4) click on the Subscribe in iTunes button at the bottom left of this next popup window

It is at this point that I am taken to a page that does nothing.  Please tell me how I can fix this! :-)

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Ian Fisk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 16 2017 12:16 PM

Hi Bob,

I've been looking into this and everything seems to be working for me. Note that we recently shipped a fix for a bug that may have prevented the button from working correctly on iOS, but most users would not have been able to get into the bad state.

On my Macbook, clicking the "Subscribe in iTunes" button opens iTunes and subscribes me to your podcast. The iPhone/iPad is a little trickier, but still pretty easy. Before clicking the button, make sure you have the Apple Podcasts app downloaded on the device. Then try clicking the "Subscribe in iTunes" button and it should open the Podcasts app with an option to subscribe to the feed. Of course there are a few gotchas. Through testing, I've noticed that if you have the Apple News app installed, iOS opens that app before immediately redirecting to the Podcasts app, but usually the transfer between apps works correctly.

I'd like to know if updating your iPad and downloading the Podcasts app resolves this situation for you. I'm a little surprised that your device doesn't prompt you to open/download the News or Podcasts apps, as mine does when I don't have them installed. If you have more issues, please let me know and we can debug them together.

Thanks,

Ian

Posts 174
Bob Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 16 2017 1:05 PM

Forgive me, but I do not use Apple devices given Apple's proprietary practices and the difficulties I see when trying to use one.  Our challenge was finding a way to get others who do use Apple a way to get to our sermons.  They all said a method described on our website did not work.  So it was hard for me to figure out the problem w/o having an Apple and not being willing to install iTunes on my PC, given the glitches that causes.

Anyway, my wife has an old iPad.  I found it did bring up the News app and one could subscribe that way.

I did get a new method posted on our site, using the help of you and others.

Thanks again.

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Ian Fisk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 16 2017 1:34 PM

Glad you got this working. Please let us know if you experience any issues in the future!

- Ian

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS