make building collections easier!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 170
Dwayne Justice | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 25 2017 4:34 PM

Why is it not possible to drag and drop open resources to a collection? Is there an easier way to add specific books to a collection than having to find the book in your library and then dragging from there? Please tell me of a way that I have not discovered yet where I can just SIMPLY add an open resource to a collection. There has got to be a way to do this! This is just simple, common-sense, logic, usability of a program that is designed to make studying easier. Could someone please tell me what I am missing here? Thank you.

🖥 21.5" iMac; 2.7GHZ; 1TB HD🖥

💻 15" Macbook Pro Retina; 2.5GHZ i7; 16 GB; 500GB FSD💻

🎁Logos 6 Diamond; Logos 6 Anglican Diamond; Logos 6 Pentecostal & Charismatic Gold🎁

🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 27776
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 5:25 PM

Dwayne Justice:
Why is it not possible to drag and drop open resources to a collection?

When you drag an open resource, Logos things you are wanting to move it to (or create) a new panel. You can, however, drag resources from the library. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 5:43 PM

Dwayne, you make an interesting point. While I have no trouble making the sorts of collections I want by dragging from the Library, or by setting up selection criteria, I can see that if you want to create a collection on-the-fly there is no convenient way to do so.

Perhaps there is an unused key or key combination that Logos could configure so that when it was held down while dragging it would indicate that you are not trying to relocate the resource but want to drop it into a collection. I'd suggest you make that as a suggestion in the suggestion forum, and/or add it to Uservoice.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 125
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 26 2017 8:53 AM

The closest I can find is quickly adding a personal tag via clicking on the 'i' in a circle icon at the top right hand side of the open resource window. From there you can click on 'Add tag' in the custom tag box (just below the book read %). If your collections are set up with custom tags, the resource will automatically be added to that collection. If not, you could think about adding a 'mytag:xyz' rule to your existing or new collections. For instance, if you create a new collection called 'To read' with the rule 'mytag:toread', then when you open a resource you want to then read at a later date, clicking on the 'i' in a circle icon and adding 'toread' as the tag, will automatically populate that collection with that resource. Once the custom tag is created adding it to future collections will not require typing the full tag as this area attempts to auto fill, which is handy if you want to use longer descriptions.

Hope that helps!

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 26 2017 9:02 AM

Dwayne Justice:
Why is it not possible to drag and drop open resources to a collection?

I wholeheartedly agree. Although it doesn't come up in my workflow often, when it does, it's annoying. There's not even a "Find this resource in the library" shortcut, that would ease the problem. 

It's possible to drag/drop open resources to the "Hidden Resources" box, so there's no reason why this shouldn't be possible.

Posts 27776
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 26 2017 9:49 AM

Mark Barnes:
It's possible to drag/drop open resources to the "Hidden Resources" box, so there's no reason why this shouldn't be possible.

Yes

Posts 2108
LogosEmployee

This looks like a bug to me. I've created a case to get this fixed.

Posts 27776
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 26 2017 10:12 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

Woah! That would be great! Smile

Posts 170
Dwayne Justice | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 26 2017 5:58 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

That would be pure AWESOMENESS!!! Thank you! I think I may have just made up a word...

🖥 21.5" iMac; 2.7GHZ; 1TB HD🖥

💻 15" Macbook Pro Retina; 2.5GHZ i7; 16 GB; 500GB FSD💻

🎁Logos 6 Diamond; Logos 6 Anglican Diamond; Logos 6 Pentecostal & Charismatic Gold🎁

🌐Logos Now🌐

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS