BUG? Drop Down Options Get Cut Off When Collapsed

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 25 2017 4:38 PM

Hello - I have been having this problem for a while.  When I expand sections in my guides and the collapse them again the section titles become cut off.  I I do this numerous times they eventually disappear! Any idea on how to help or is anyone else experiencing this? (Pic below)

• MacOS- Sierra 10.12.5
  • Logos - v7.8.0.0031

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 4:41 PM

Expanding and Collapsing a couple more times eventually makes the Sermon Expandable heading disappear, but this problem doesn't affect the Preaching Resources section? Strange.

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 12:32 PM

Hey Richard! We're trying to recreate this behavior in the same environment but are not having any luck. Do you know when this activity first started (If possibly, which update it started with) and this looks like the Sermon Starter guide where this is happening, do you have any sections added to your Sermon Starter Guide that are outside of the default? if so what might they be? Or is this by chance a custom guide?

There's also a chance this may be a display or graphical behavior specific to your computer. It may be worth trying some maintenance tasks like clearing your PRAM and NVRAM.

After a bit more trial, I was able to recreate the behavior! It looks like this is due to the scaling settings for the guides panel. We'll get a case written up. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 1:00 PM

Brandyn Whittington:
After a bit more trial, I was able to recreate the behavior!

Sweet! I was just checking it out again. And it ONLY happens in the sermon portion, not in any others.  It happens in the regular stock guides and in my custom guides as well.  I snapped some screen shots, but I assume they are not as relevant now that you and the team was able to figure it out.  Man, thanks so much for looking into this - you guys are the best!

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 28 2018 9:56 AM

Brandyn Whittington:
After a bit more trial, I was able to recreate the behavior! It looks like this is due to the scaling settings for the guides panel. We'll get a case written up. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Hey Brandyn (or whomever else at FL) I'm still having this issue to date. Any progress, or am I alone in this Bug??  Thanks.

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 30 2018 11:45 AM

Bump 🤜🏽💥🤛🏽

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 31 2018 10:59 AM

Hi Richard,

This slipped through the cracks on our side. I'm sorry. I've made sure the case is in place, and is linked to this thread. We'll update here when it is fixed, or if we need more information (which seems likely as Brandyn was able to replicate it).

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 11:38 AM
Tommy Ball:

Hi Richard,

This slipped through the cracks on our side. I'm sorry. I've made sure the case is in place, and is linked to this thread. We'll update here when it is fixed, or if we need more information (which seems likely as Brandyn was able to replicate it).

This one is still hanging on after 7.13. 😉 Just didn't want it to slip through the cracks.

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2018 11:34 AM

Bump.  Still having an issue with this.  Any progress? Or just not high on the priority list?

Posts 17900
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 12:40 PM

Richard Villanueva:

Hey Brandyn (or whomever else at FL) I'm still having this issue to date. Any progress, or am I alone in this Bug??  Thanks.

Apologies since this user is unable to replicate using Logos 7.15 Beta 2 on macOS 10.13.4

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 2:50 PM

@KS4J would that mean it may be fixed in this beta??

i was having this problem a day ago on the Sermon and the Journal drop downs. 

Posts 17900
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 3:15 PM

Richard Villanueva:
i was having this problem a day ago on the Sermon and the Journal drop downs. 

Curious about your Program Settings for Accessibility ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 19 2018 5:19 PM

Tried the scaling and it worked initially after setting both to 100% (Content Scaling was at 90%.)

Second time I opened the guide it went back to the same old problem.  

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 14 2018 4:38 PM

Richard Villanueva:

BUMP.  Still a challenge for me.  Maybe I'm the only one? 

The scaling idea did not work, so any other options are helpful.

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2018 4:51 PM

Richard Villanueva:

Richard Villanueva:

BUMP.  Still a challenge for me.  Maybe I'm the only one? 

Monthly bump. 😭  Saw this in my studies today.  I have come to assume it may be a low-priority fix...

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2018 4:53 PM

FWIW - Refreshing the guide is a temporary fix.

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2019 11:40 AM

Tommy Ball:

Hi Richard,

This slipped through the cracks on our side. I'm sorry. I've made sure the case is in place and is linked to this thread. We'll update here when it is fixed, or if we need more information (which seems likely as Brandyn was able to replicate it).

That is the response given to me Jan 31, 2018. Initial post of this bug was summer of 2017 (easy to see above) after the issue had been happening for a while.  

Any progress or will this be a Logos 9 thing? Wink  I have been experiencing this issue recently, and it's a hassle to refresh constantly.

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2019 10:46 AM

Bump 🤜🏽💥🤛🏽

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS