Indexer stopped downloading - A16a

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24
Joe Heng | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 31 2010 4:15 PM

Hi,

I am trying to install Logos 4 Mac into another Macbook. I have installed A16a by downloading the file from Logos.  When I open Logos 4, it shows the indexer on the menu bar.  It shows that it is downloading 800 over MB of data.  It will run for a short while, sometime showing progress of 1 to 2 % but sometime none and the indexer will disappear.  I have attached the log report.

It all goes all well with the first Macbook.  I have 488 resources in the first Macbook but only 456 resources in the second Macbook (macbook having problem). 

Please advise,

4353.Archive.zip

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 3:09 PM

Joe:

There are a few things I'd like you to try, and I have a few questions. How are you connected to the internet both within your home and from your home to the larger web (WIFI network, Satallite, Cable, etc)?

Close Logos 4 and go to UserFolder/library/Application Support/Data/uniquefolder.xxx/DownloadManager/. Once there delete the DownloadManager.db file.
Then go to serFolder/library/Application Support/Data/uniquefolder.xxx/UpdateManager/ and delete the Updates.db file.

Then reopen Logos4 and type "update resources" in the command bar and hit enter. Repost your results. Thank you.

Posts 24
Joe Heng | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 3:59 PM

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your reply.  I connected to the bible college network.  I have another mac. it connects to the same network and downloads the resources with no issue. I followed your instruction and deleted the two files as mentioned.  It shows the indexer/download icon briefly and it disappears. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 9:11 PM

Indexer/download icon disappears when work complete or indexer process crashes.  If crash, please post logs (for Logos dev's or adventurous users).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 24
Joe Heng | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 3 2010 12:52 AM

Hi,  Thanks for your reply.  The bug report is as attached above (in my initial post).  I was following Tommy's instruction and was giving feedback to his respond.  Is there a need to repost the log file after I have followed Tommy's instruction?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:09 AM

Joe Heng:

Hi,  Thanks for your reply.  The bug report is as attached above (in my initial post).  I was following Tommy's instruction and was giving feedback to his respond.  Is there a need to repost the log file after I have followed Tommy's instruction?

Repost => depends on log file contents - if something new, posting logs good idea.  Near bottom of Indexer.log is a crash downloading EBC10.logos4 resource:

04/01/2010 10:02:46 | DEBUG | 4 |     DownloadJob | Issuing HTTP HEAD request for 'http://resources.assets.logos.com/lls_ebc10/2010-03-09T19_50_53Z/EBC10.logos4'.

Unhandled Exception: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8000ffff):  

Since A17 released yesterday, wonder if resource still crashing download job ? Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 2:08 PM

Hey Joe:

I'm reporting this as a bug. When I find anything else I'll post here.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 6:50 AM

Joe Heng:
I am trying to install Logos 4 Mac into another Macbook.

Joe,

Are you still seeing problems with your download/install?

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 24
Joe Heng | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 5:52 PM

Thanks for your reply.  I have since move on to Beta 2.  It is working great on both macbook.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS