Page 1 of 3 (57 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 56 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 97
Jeff Loven | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 31 2010 4:41 PM | Locked

Anyone have any insights on when we might see the next beta of 4.0c?

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 4:55 PM | Locked

Jeff Loven:

We haven't yet decided if it will be tomorrow (right before the long weekend!) or next week.

Posts 97
Jeff Loven | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:02 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Jeff Loven:

We haven't yet decided if it will be tomorrow (right before the long weekend!) or next week.

TOMORROW!! Please, please, please! I'm assuming the collections-crash bug will be one of the fixes...I hope!

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:09 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

If its not going to be tomorrow could you at least give a spoiler for any new feature that may be coming in it, if any....

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:15 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Jeff Loven:

I say tomorrow with a large disclaimer warning for the faint of heart.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:36 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Bradley,

I hope that you are not seriously considering releasing the Beta before the long weekend. 

In my opinion, a release is not ready until there are the people in place to deal with problems arising from unexpected critical flaws. As there will be no one in place over the weekend, this Beta is not ready for release.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:38 PM | Locked

I vote tomorrow too!

Perhaps a disclaimer should posted in the Beta forum: All those who can't afford any potential problems can cancel the installation or turn Internet off.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:42 PM | Locked

Damian McGrath:
In my opinion, a release is not ready until there are the people in place to deal with problems arising from unexpected critical flaws. As there will be no one in place over the weekend, this Beta is not ready for release.

Come on Bradley, What could possibly go wrong?

Posts 5630
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:51 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
We haven't yet decided if it will be ... next week.

Ooo that would make Monday a big day: Zondervan stuff AND a new beta!

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 6728
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:54 PM | Locked

I vote for tomorrow. It is beta software. Use the stable version if the beta crashes. And if it will not be released, throw some tidbits our way regarding the new features and bugs fixed.

If your feature is not included or your bug fixed, please be patient.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:58 PM | Locked

Lynden Williams:

I vote for tomorrow. It is beta software. Use the stable version if the beta crashes. And if it will not be released, throw some tidbits our way regarding the new features and bugs fixed.

If your feature is not included or your bug fixed, please be patient.

Preach it! Warn that the Dam is about to break to give people who would rather wait till Monday time then open the flood gates!

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 6:21 PM | Locked

Damian McGrath:

A beta version is unsupported software (almost by definition). If we do release it tomorrow, it's because we consider fixing the known bugs (that are preventing current beta testers from using the software) to be a greater benefit than the risk of introducing new bugs.

Installing the update is optional; if you require Logos employees to be "in place to deal with problems arising from unexpected critical flaws" then I suggest you simply avoid installing it until Monday morning (PDT).

Posts 155
James Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 6:25 PM | Locked

Can we find out if there are any new features? If it is just bug fixes, I will wait til monday.

Jim

Posts 97
Jeff Loven | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 6:29 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Installing the update is optional; if you require Logos employees to be "in place to deal with problems arising from unexpected critical flaws" then I suggest you simply avoid installing it until Monday morning (PDT).

There ya go! That's what I like to hear!

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 6:42 PM | Locked

Tomorrow sounds good to me. Stick out tongue

Posts 196
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 6:46 PM | Locked

Damian McGrath:

I don't usually post in response to opinions, but seriously, have you done beta testing before?  (1) You install the updates when you want and (2) You don't beta test on your "production" machines.  If you do beta test on your work machines (I do) then you just need to be prepared for the consequences.  After all... Logos writes in their Beta disclaimer:

IMPORTANT: Logos 4 Beta releases are beta software. They may corrupt your computer or delete your data. The Passage Guide, searching, or viewing books may stop working. We recommend installing Logos 4 betas  only on a dedicated testing machine.

If you ask me all of those would be considered "critical" flaws.  So basically, if you don't want to risk encountering a critical flaw you should probably wait until the updates are posted as a release.  It seems like sometimes people want to do beta testing just to get software faster and forget that it is a test version, not a preview version.

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 6:58 PM | Locked

John Eggen:
 It seems like sometimes people want to do beta testing just to get software faster and forget that it is a test version, not a preview version.

The 1730 posts indicated under my name do not include the 1000 or so posts which I made during the Private Beta. Either way, this would suggest that my involvement with Logos v4 goes far beyond wanting just to get software faster

Posts 611
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 7:00 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Hi Bradley -

I am not sure how I got beta 2 on my computer, but have you seen this bug?

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/14671.aspx

Thanks!

john

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 7:01 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
Installing the update is optional; if you require Logos employees to be "in place to deal with problems arising from unexpected critical flaws" then I suggest you simply avoid installing it until Monday morning (PDT

Trouble is, the beta forum shows up on the forums home page, so all the non-beta users are scared spitless when  a beta flaw wipes out the L4 beta installations and hundreds of posts over a weekend show up documenting the damage. But, this is the business plan that Logos has chosen, they are adults and will deal with the fall out of their choices.

BTW, if a beta is released tomorrow, I WILL install it. Big Smile

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2010 7:03 PM | Locked

Damian McGrath:
The 1730 posts indicated under my name do not include the 1000 or so posts which I made during the Private Beta.

I thought we got our count with pointless posts and making fun of each other.... :-)

Page 1 of 3 (57 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS