Logos 7.9 Beta 1 (7.9.0.0003)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2567
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 31 2017 12:06 PM

To immediately update to the current beta enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Mac

Windows

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 31 2017 1:51 PM

Visual Filters

• Added new Media Visual Filters for Atlas, Verse of the Day art, and other Media.

Does the sunrise icon always denote a VotD? It would be nice if the tool tip indicated that instead of Media, recognizing that it is the Media tool that will display the VotD. Acts1:8 VotD doesn't seem to want to load. All others I've tried so far do

Can you tell us more about the (auto?) tagging methodology for Atlas filter? The Atlas tagging seems a little strange, implying more than is useful in some places. In the first few chapters of Acts and possibly the genealogy of Mt. the filter marks in some seeming un-useful places. I would expect it to show more where a direct reference to a location is made. There are also a ton of explicit references to places in Acts that are not tagged. Really, really love the idea of this filter and the other Media filter.

Posts 128
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 31 2017 5:58 PM

This beta and the previous one give me spinning ball of death (MacOS) when I close windows.

I would post logs but I don't know how - Logos app is frozen. 

Posts 27550
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 31 2017 6:19 PM

Andrew116:

This beta and the previous one give me spinning ball of death (MacOS) when I close windows.

I would post logs but I don't know how - Logos app is frozen. 

Please create a new thread. See my signature line for logging

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24843
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 31 2017 7:04 PM

Randy W. Sims:
Can you tell us more about the (auto?) tagging methodology for Atlas filter? The Atlas tagging seems a little strange, implying more than is useful in some places. In the first few chapters of Acts and possibly the genealogy of Mt. the filter marks in some seeming un-useful places.

It corresponds to results from the Atlas section of a Guide, but not applied to every verse of a map's coverage. I agree that the choice of verses to tag is a little strange e.g. Mt 4:12, 13, 17, 18  for the map that applies to Mt 4:12-22. But I note that the Atlas section thinks that "Jesus and the Samaritan Woman" (Jn 4:1-42) applies to Mt 4:12! The filter tag for this is applied to Jn 4:1, 4, 39; effectively covering Jn 4:1-42.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 92
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 1 2017 2:01 PM

Computer crashes when I open factbook.  

Posts 2567
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 1 2017 2:04 PM

John Brumett:

Computer crashes when I open factbook.  

John,

Please start a new thread and include the following. What Factbook article you are trying to open. Also please include your crash logs.

Posts 92
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 1 2017 2:45 PM

It occurs when I type the event.     Artaxerxes sends Nehemiah to Jerusalem 

I will try to find out how to send the crash logs.

Posts 92
Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 1 2017 3:07 PM

John Brumett:

It occurs when I type the event.     Artaxerxes sends Nehemiah to Jerusalem 

I will try to find out how to send the crash logs.

I created at thread here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/147310.aspx

Including event logs and logos logs.

Posts 47
Jason Van Vliet | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 11:11 AM

From release notes:

Resource Navigation

• Resources with Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic headwords can now be navigated using untransliterated words (I.e. g:logos).

From me:

Thank-you... very much!  Sometimes it's the little things that count for a lot.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS