processor intensive

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 37
Doug Bassett | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 31 2010 10:16 PM

What is it about L4 that is so processor intensive? The fan on my machine comes on the moment I launch L4 and stays on until I quit L4. There are no updates and it is not indexing, nor am I doing searches. This is true even at idle.

Thanks,

Doug

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 11:42 AM

Doug:

Logos 4 is by nature fairly CPU intensive. Do you have any other programs open whilst you notice this? If so which ones? Do you actually notice a significant slow down in your computer's performance?  Could you also provide your Mac's specifications? Thanks.

Posts 37
Doug Bassett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 12:11 PM

Hey Tommy,

I do notice performance issueI have no other apps running, in-fact I did a reboot to ensure no hidden process were still running. I have a 2 core duo at 2.5 Ghz 4 gig of RAM on OSX 10.6.3 it did the same under OSX 10.6.2.

I do notice performance issues when using L4 by itself, but especially with other apps open. Even with the basic MS Word for writing papers. This same performance issue is present using the windows (XP) version under VMWare Fusion on the Mac.

Thanks,

Doug

Posts 145
Ross Strader | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 12:23 PM

Tommy,

I confer with Doug. 

L4Mac drags the performance and it is noticeable. Not sure if that is part of the Alpha, or if that will end up being a characteristic of the finished product. 

Specs in the signature.

Thanks,

Ross

MacBook Pro 15' Retina  •  2.7 GHz Intel Core i7  •  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3  •  Version 10.10

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 2:38 PM

Could you both experiment, and try to see if this occurs with only Logos4 open, and if it drops the performance of your machine radically take logs (link on how in my signature) and post them. Thanks!

Posts 37
Doug Bassett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 3:14 PM

It does as indicated in my first post, first sentence. I will take logs in the future.

Doug

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS