Free on Vyrso: Wiersbe Genesis 12-25

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 8 2017 1:03 AM

FL continues to make available commentaries from The Wiersbe Bible Study Series - and even nicer is I didn't yet have this one - thanks FL Yes

https://vyrso.com/product/30370/the-wiersbe-bible-study-series-genesis-12-25 

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 1:25 AM

Thanks, Glenn and FL!

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 5858
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 1:27 AM

It needs to be acknowledge that it is actually the publisher David C Cook making these books available for free and so thanks should go to them.

Posts 1951
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 5:11 AM

Thanks, Glenn.

Even though many probably already know this, I'll mention it here for grins n' giggles:  While these are unindexed ebooks, you can make a collection of them (I use "edition:ebook title:The Wiersbe Bible Study Series" as the spec) and add that collection to a custom passage guide template next to Commentaries. My experience is this: if you have the Wiersbe Vyrso bible study for the passage in question, you'll have that in the results, plus any other Weirsbe Vyrso bible studies that mention it.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 1510
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 5:18 AM

Thanks!

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 6:14 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

It needs to be acknowledge that it is actually the publisher David C Cook making these books available for free and so thanks should go to them.

Sorry for the oversight - many thanks to the Publisher also!!!

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 1110
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 6:29 AM

Yes, thanks to all involved!

Posts 441
Lewis Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 6:29 AM

Thank you!

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 6:30 AM

FREE through 8/9

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 7:10 AM

Thanks!

Posts 778
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 9:07 AM

Robert M. Warren:

Thanks, Glenn.

Even though many probably already know this, I'll mention it here for grins n' giggles:  While these are unindexed ebooks, you can make a collection of them (I use "edition:ebook title:The Wiersbe Bible Study Series" as the spec) and add that collection to a custom passage guide template next to Commentaries. My experience is this: if you have the Wiersbe Vyrso bible study for the passage in question, you'll have that in the results, plus any other Weirsbe Vyrso bible studies that mention it.

Logos will index these books.  I searched for This quote of Dr. Ironside from the study guide: "That’s a good illustration except for one thing: I’m not going to heaven in a rowboat"  The search found the quote in both the study guide and Be Obedient.

Posts 166
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 9:24 AM

Yes

Posts 1951
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 10 2017 5:00 AM

David A Egolf:
Logos will index these books.  I searched for This quote of Dr. Ironside from the study guide: "That’s a good illustration except for one thing: I’m not going to heaven in a rowboat"  The search found the quote in both the study guide and Be Obedient.

David:

Sorry, I wasn't as clear as I could have been. What I should have said:  These Vyrso study guides lack a Bible index and aren't compiled as type "Bible Commentary", so they won't appear in the Passage Guide right out of the box. The lack of a Bible index also prevents them from being in a Link Set.

None of this is a really huge issue, understanding the purpose of the guides. But it's nice to have them in the Passage Guide in some form. I have done the same thing for my James R. White books; they're not commentaries as such, but many are of an exegetical nature.

As you indicate, by virtue of being in the Logos environment, they are all part of the full-text index.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 13 2017 2:44 PM

Thanks Faithlife and David C. Cook. Great to have this in my library.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS