7.8 SR-1 (7.8.0.0037) freezing om macOs Sierra

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Johan Forsback | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 9 2017 3:10 AM

Hi, 

unfortunately I have similar issue as described previously about Logos 7 freezing.

Until this Sunday it worked fine. 

Yesterday when I tried starting it, it only opens up with the opening screen completely blank (not loading or showing any Logos news or study suggestions as normal). 

Just now I installed the latest version 7.8 SR-1 (7.8.0.0037) and the exactly same issues persist.

- The opening screen is blank (even when waiting for say half an hour)

- I can open the dropdown list and see all my resources, but if I click a resource, or write something i the search box the apple spinning wheel is all I get.

- Same if I open a search panel and write anything there the program freezes.

- Indexing is at 0%, and nothing happens when I click "pause indexing for 4 hours"

- Starting up is unusually slow. Stops at "Preparing your library. This may take a while" ... and yes it does ;)

- I can open up the "Info about logos" box but that's about it

I have a 13-inch MacBook Pro 2017. 16Gb ram. Intel Core i5.

I've tried both restarting the computer, restarting and re-installing the Logos 7 but the result is the same.

Appreciate all help! Thanks.

- Johan

Posts 22222
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 9 2017 3:56 AM

Hi Johan

Please enable diagnostic logging and post logs in a reply to this thread after a "session"

Details at https://www.logos.com/support/mac/report-problem 

Graham

Posts 17
Disciple96 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 9 2017 9:55 AM

I just had this same problem and Customer Service solved it for me this way. I had to quit Verbum via Activity Monitor: Quit Verbum and Verbum Indexer. Through Activity Monitor, not any other way. Then I restarted Verbum and it worked perfectly like it used to. Woohoo! Hope this works for you.

Posts 5
Johan Forsback | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 10 2017 3:58 AM

Thank you Graham!

I installed the Loggin Utility and enabled Logging and restarted Logos... and then it didn't freeze more. So at least for now it looks like it's working again.

- J

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 10 2017 5:08 AM

Johan Forsback:
So at least for now it looks like it's working again.

Great! If the issue returns, please enable & post logs. It might not hurt to try the other advice given by Disciple96 as well. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5
Johan Forsback | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 10 2017 5:19 AM

Thanx, actually I don't have any Verbum threads at all and don't know what they're related to...

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS