Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 9 2017 10:11 AM

Why is it still not possible to create a reading plan where we read one chapter per day/week?* Surely this is how most people read books, not in groups of X pages per week regardless of where those pages fall.

Can any Logos devs give any encouragement about this getting any better in the future?

And yes, I know about custom reading plans. But then you have to spend ages selecting each chapter one by one, and then you're stuck with a plan you can't easily edit or 'catch up'.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 9 2017 10:35 AM

Yes, please!! I don't use reading plans as much as I would like because of this frustration. And setting up a custom plan is too irritating for anything past a dozen chapters - I invariably put in a wrong date or mess up my selection somehow, and have to start over.

Posts 494
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 9 2017 11:02 AM

Is there a User Voice suggestion available for this request??

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 9 2017 11:30 AM

I have not looked for one yet Richard, because I'm trying to build a comprehensive request to submit.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 9 2017 11:46 AM

Mark Barnes:

Why is it still not possible to create a reading plan where we read one chapter per day/week?* Surely this is how most people read books, not in groups of X pages per week regardless of where those pages fall.

Can any Logos devs give any encouragement about this getting any better in the future?

And yes, I know about custom reading plans. But then you have to spend ages selecting each chapter one by one, and then you're stuck with a plan you can't easily edit or 'catch up'.

Mark, we were just discussing this last week. We're working on improving the reference range picker for non-versified resources by exposing the table of contents, which will allow you to search or run a concordance on part of a resource based on its content structure. And we're exploring how to leverage this same TOC structure in the reading plan creation process. We've been doing two-week sprints with each of our Logos dev teams, and we may be able to tackle this in one of the next several sprints. 

Longer term, we're considering a reading plans / Courses merger.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 9 2017 2:33 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Mark, we were just discussing this last week. We're working on improving the reference range picker for non-versified resources by exposing the table of contents, which will allow you to search or run a concordance on part of a resource based on its content structure.

Thanks, Phil. That's encouraging. A better picker would make one step easier, although you can already specify page numbers, so that's not the main issue. The really vital thing is to prefer breaks at chapters/sub-headings, rather than page numbers.

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 9 2017 3:28 PM

Mark Barnes:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Mark, we were just discussing this last week. We're working on improving the reference range picker for non-versified resources by exposing the table of contents, which will allow you to search or run a concordance on part of a resource based on its content structure.

Thanks, Phil. That's encouraging. A better picker would make one step easier, although you can already specify page numbers, so that's not the main issue. The really vital thing is to prefer breaks at chapters/sub-headings, rather than page numbers.

Agreed. Leveraging the book's own content structure for calculating intelligent divisions is the main goal of what we're investigating.

Posts 177
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 11 2017 6:59 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mark Barnes:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Agreed. Leveraging the book's own content structure for calculating intelligent divisions is the main goal of what we're investigating.

This makes my heart happy!

💻MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Graphics | 1TB SSD💻
💾MacOS Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A4871)💾
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁
⌨Logos 7 Extended Feature Set⌨
🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 13 2017 7:08 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

We're working on improving the reference range picker for non-versified resources by exposing the table of contents, which will allow you to search or run a concordance on part of a resource based on its content structure. And we're exploring how to leverage this same TOC structure in the reading plan creation process. We've been doing two-week sprints with each of our Logos dev teams, and we may be able to tackle this in one of the next several sprints. 

In the interim Phil, could you look at the other thread and take note of some parallel thoughts.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 18 2017 11:48 PM

TCBlack:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

We're working on improving the reference range picker for non-versified resources by exposing the table of contents, which will allow you to search or run a concordance on part of a resource based on its content structure. And we're exploring how to leverage this same TOC structure in the reading plan creation process. We've been doing two-week sprints with each of our Logos dev teams, and we may be able to tackle this in one of the next several sprints. 

In the interim Phil, could you look at the other thread and take note of some parallel thoughts.

I replied over there with some of the things we're investigating.

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 7:19 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Is this still on the table?

Posts 360
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 3:54 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Is this still on the table?

It's still on the table for the long term, but it's not on the roadmap for the foreseeable future.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 96
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 4:58 PM

Looking forward to progress on this issue!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS