A16a - Homepage not loading RSS feeds

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 1 2010 12:06 PM

I've noticed that the homepage has stopped loading over the last couple of days. Up until then it worked fine. Now all I get is the blue devotional boxes and the 'Book of the Day'. The logs attached are from when I left it running for 5-10 minutes to try and give it time to load. I've done the obvious and ensured that all the boxes are checked in the 'Customize' menu. 

31237.Archive.zip

Here's a screenshot of homepage as it was during the period these logs relate to:

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 12:20 PM

Stephen:

You could try deleting your HomePage folder with L4 closed, and restart which should recreate the folder. Its under Username/library/application support/logos4/data/uniquefolder.xxx/HomePage. If that doesn't seem to do it try running the update resources command.

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 12:37 PM

Tommy Ball:
You could try deleting your HomePage folder with L4 closed, and restart which should recreate the folder.

Done.

Tommy Ball:
If that doesn't seem to do it try running the update resources command.

Also done.

Still limited homepage items. Logs attached: 6064.Archive.zip

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 2:36 PM

Stephen:

Thanks for trying it out. I know you're on a Mac (obviously) so this might be a stupid question, but do you have a firewall up or are you behind a proxy? Could you put this link into your browser and tell me if it connects? http://www.logos.com/rdf/?file=columns-4.0⟨=en You should see a page with an RSS feed subscription button and some blog links. If you do you see that and none of the aforementioned questions apply I will submit this bug.

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 1:15 AM

Tommy

I've tried turning the firewall off and adjusting the proxy settings (I don't use a proxy at home, but I do at work), but no joy. I still cannot see anything on the Logos 4 homepage.

Also I cannot load the page you refer to in Google Chrome or in Safari, but if I strip the variables from the url I can access an RSS feed in Safari.

?

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 2 2010 1:20 AM

Now isn't this typical.

I opened L4 immediately after posting the above and the home page loaded as it should do!

! ? 

I'll keep an eye on what happens and repost if this issue resurfaces.

Thanks for your help Tommy.

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 12:27 PM

That is weird it all of a sudden worked. Thanks for the update, and you're quite welcome for what...aid (though I didn't really do much) I could give.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS