Old CDs

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8
Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 10 2017 2:59 PM

I have all my old CDs and floppies dating back to 1.6 days. Do I need to keep all these for any reason now that Logos downloads all my books? I would like to declutter my office. :) 

Posts 2487
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 10 2017 3:01 PM

Never know when a system crash will happen 🤡

Posts 280
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 10 2017 3:20 PM

You could give them to Bob to decorate his office or start a Logos Museum. Big Smile

Dale Heath

Posts 22415
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 10 2017 3:36 PM

Dan Cleghorn:
I have all my old CDs and floppies dating back to 1.6 days. Do I need to keep all these for any reason now that Logos downloads all my books?

It's likely that many books have been updated to the most recent resource format, and Logos 3 (Libronix) is the only version with a chance of  being installed on recent (Windows) operating systems, but see this announcement.

So the best safeguard is to backup your current Resources folder then declutter your office.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 8
Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 11 2017 8:11 AM

Thanks for the advice and for your link.

Posts 43
greypilgrim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 11 2017 11:07 AM

Thanks for asking this question. I have a drawer full of Old CDs I will be throwing them away when I clean up tomorrow, or maybe next week.

Posts 660
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 11 2017 11:08 AM

I called Logos years ago and they were able to unlock some books I had on CD. ONce unlocked, i think you can safely discard those floppy discs.

Posts 330
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 11 2017 1:40 PM

If all your resources are registered with your Logos account then you don't need to keep your physical media. Any backup you need in future will come directly from Logos' servers.

If you haven't yet registered your old resources with Logos then give them a call or send an email. It used to be that Libronix users had their licences uploaded via the Libronix programme, which automatically registered the products with the user's Logos account. Now, in the post-Libronix epoch, you can just contact Logos directly with the product name and unlock code, and they'll add the resources to your account.

Happy decluttering! Big Smile

Posts 1364
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 11 2017 2:08 PM

greypilgrim:
when I clean up tomorrow, or maybe next week.

I've always been partial to next week.

Win7 Android 4.4.2

Posts 43
greypilgrim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 11 2017 2:12 PM

At least one person caught my joke

Posts 2127
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 11 2017 3:48 PM

I'm sure I don't need them, but I hang on to the CD's anyway.  I've got quite a few (approx 100+), but most are in paper sleeves, so they don't take up much room.  They're all in one box - a bit bigger than a shoe box.

Posts 1008
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 12 2017 1:46 PM

Ronald Quick:

I'm sure I don't need them, but I hang on to the CD's anyway.  I've got quite a few (approx 100+), but most are in paper sleeves, so they don't take up much room.  They're all in one box - a bit bigger than a shoe box.

+1 Yes

I think most of the CDs can be safely discarded but you might want to make sure that none of them contain any bonus material in a non-Logos format (pdf, video or audio files). 

If I remember correctly the Oswald Chambers CDrom contains a video interview with his daughter. The Sproul Digital Library CD also contains several audio and video files that were not imported into Logos.

Posts 8
Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 13 2017 7:12 AM

Came across Logos Bible Clipart and Logos Bible Atlas which no longer work on Windows 10, even with compatibility turned all the way back. I still like the old atlas, and how it worked, better than anything they have come up with since. Especially the 3D option you could rotate and zoom in and out of. 

Posts 1364
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 13 2017 3:25 PM

HJ. van der Wal:
The Sproul Digital Library CD also contains several audio and video files that were not imported into Logos.

Also, the first MacArthur lifeworks set (from Nelson, I think) had a boatload of audio books.

Win7 Android 4.4.2

Posts 24770
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 13 2017 4:00 PM

Robert M. Warren:
Also, the first MacArthur lifeworks set (from Nelson, I think) had a boatload of audio books.

Did those integrate into Libronix? 

It seems to me that there used to be a wiki page listing resources which haven't been imported into L4+, but I can't find it now. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 1364
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 13 2017 4:44 PM

alabama24:
Did those integrate into Libronix?

I don't think so.

Win7 Android 4.4.2

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.