BUG: index keeps on 0%

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 465
L.A. | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 22 2017 8:53 AM

after an 3.2MB update, indexing keeps on 0%

starting Logos with a German UI without skipping the sync-process not possible.

starting Logos with the English UI, starting is fine, but indexing keeps on 0%

The same happens after restaring the Computer (MacBook Pro 8GB RAM, 2.4Ghz, OSX 10.11.6).

Same behaviuor after "killing" the logos-indexer and restarting again the Computer. Indexing starts when the Computer starts.

SAMPLE-logging: 4111.LogosLogs.LA.20170822-120701.zip

Logging: 1881.LogosLogs.LA.20170822-120626.zip

NOW, suddenly(!) after 40 min "indexing" staying on 0% the index-icon disappeared. Quitting the Logos-App, restarting again. All fine! Do I have to worry about this behaviour? Is this a bug or 'normal' behaviour?

Posts 22412
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 22 2017 5:09 PM

L.A.:
NOW, suddenly(!) after 40 min "indexing" staying on 0% the index-icon disappeared. Quitting the Logos-App, restarting again. All fine! Do I have to worry about this behaviour? Is this a bug or 'normal' behaviour?

It's not normal and unfortunately we don't have Indexer logs to diagnose it --> "Logging not enabled". So ensure that logging is enabled, then restart Logos. If it happens again then upload the logs.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 465
L.A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 23 2017 6:18 AM

Dave, thanks a lot for your response!

Yes, i noted the 'Logging not enabled'-notice. Beside of following the steps descibed in https://www.logos.com/support/mac/report-problem I tried to enable logging which wasn' possible. So I tried to generate also a 'Sample'-logging, but didn't revise the content of the zip-folders.

This was the first time after years I had such problems with Logos.

Meanwhile, Logos works fine again Smile Anyway... thanks again!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.