Personal Books Issue

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Matt Bondaruk | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 28 2017 5:29 AM

I created a Word document of “A Harmony of the Four Gospels” which has a layout similar to that show below:

SECTION {tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}MATTHEW{tab}{tab}MARK{tab}{tab}LUKE{tab}{tab}JOHN

1. Birth of Christ{tab}{tab}{tab}{tab}1:1-18{tab}{tab}{tab}1:1-18{tab}{tab}{1:1-18{tab}{tab}1:1-18  <— (Ignore the verse references in this example.)

When I created a Personal Book, this is what I got...

SECTIONMATTHEWMARKLUKEJOHN

1. Birth of Christ1:1-181:1-181:1-181:1-181:1-18

Why were the tabs in the the original Word document not preserved when I built the Personal Book? Very frustrated!

So in search of a work-around, I said maybe I could convert it to a PDF and somehow I might be able to save a link from this file on my computer into a NOTE document in my Logos 7 program. Can’t seem to do that either!

Can anyone come to my aid?

Matt

Posts 21868
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 28 2017 5:38 AM

Matt Bondaruk:
Why were the tabs in the the original Word document not preserved when I built the Personal Book? Very frustrated!

I don't know.

I've just tried it and it seems to work fine.

I've also tried another option using a table which might work better anyway

I get results as shown below:

I've attached my test document so you can compare it with yours

1854.Test PB (tab).docx

I'm using Word 2016 (with an Office 365 subscription) on Windows 10. How about you?

Posts 975
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 29 2017 2:57 PM

Matt

Having created many personal books I have personally found using a table like Grahams seems far more robust for examples such as yours. Others may feel different of course.

1) complex tables (e.g. one line with three boxes and the next with five) can become problematic when used in personal books. 

2) all tables SHOULD have its table width manually set by

a) highlighting the table

b) selecting properties

c) set table width to and suitable width

d) exit table properties.

If you don't, you will get a warning when compiling as a PB. You can then alter the width of columns in the usual way 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS