Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 23651
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 1 2017 9:32 AM

As you can see from the screenshot below I have access to a couple of anglicised versions of the NIV - I purchased them within the Logos environment.

However, my wife - who doesn't own these versions but is a member of the same Proclaim presentation group - doesn't find them. Is this expected or is something wrong?

Thanks, Graham

Posts 4955
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 1 2017 12:50 PM

Hi Graham

I seem to remember this coming up once before. If YOU own the bible then you can access it from Proclaim and insert scripture etc and others can see it. However others who do not have the Bible cannot initiate the use that particular text.

Unless something has changed or I completely misunderstand.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 1 2017 1:12 PM

Graham, unfortunately Bibles in Proclaim are currently a user license, not a group license. This is something we plan to fix in the future. 

Posts 23651
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 1 2017 2:00 PM

Hi Scott

Scott Alexander:

Graham, unfortunately Bibles in Proclaim are currently a user license, not a group license. This is something we plan to fix in the future. 

Thanks for the reply (and Mike, thanks to you as well)

I remember the discussion but thought the outcome was different. This is potentially quite a problem for our plans to use Proclaim as we have up to three or four people who may, on different weeks, be putting the service together and I was hoping that not all of them would need to have bought the  Bibles we would be using. 

Any guesstimate as to when this might change?

Thanks, Graham

Posts 4955
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 2 2017 1:06 AM

Hi Graham

I don't wish to be flippant but at under £8 per bible just how much would the church need to spend to equip the team?

Posts 23651
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 2 2017 1:19 AM

Hi Mike

Mike Binks:

I don't wish to be flippant but at under £8 per bible just how much would the church need to spend to equip the team?

Totally fair questionSmile

And the answer is not at that much - although we would probably want to have access to 2 / 3 Bibles.

But Scott recognises this is something they want to change and so I was simply trying to get a sense of when this might happen.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 3 2017 7:41 AM
Graham, this item has been on our backlog for a long time and we don't have any short term plans to begin working on it. But, as Faithlife continues to move toward supporting groups of people I expect this item to only become more important. Many Bibles are free already, worth checking against your list of desired Bibles. https://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/206522623-Which-Bibles-come-free-with-Proclaim-
Posts 23651
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 3 2017 12:34 PM

Thanks Scott

Totally understand - and will be interesting to see it develops.

And it is an impressive list of free Bibles - however we are using Anglicised versions of the NIV which aren't included. But no problem, this has been a useful discussion helping me work out how to move forward.

Appreciated, Graham 

Posts 1
Dan Olin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 3 2017 8:36 PM
Do you have plans to make The Passion Translation by Brian Simmons available in Proclaim?
Posts 4955
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 4 2017 12:33 AM

Hi Dan

Welcome to the Forum.

Generally every bible you have purchased as a resource (usually in Logos Bible Software) is available to use in Proclaim.

I note that Brian Simmons' translations are 'gathering interest' here and that you can register an interest in their production.

BTW Logos Bible Software is free to the user and a basic set of resources can be had here also at no cost.

Posts 18671
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 4 2017 2:17 AM

Dan Olin:
Do you have plans to make The Passion Translation by Brian Simmons available in Proclaim?

+1 Welcome Big Smile

Placed $ 9.99 pre-order for Passion Translation: Psalms and Proverbs (2 vols.)

Current pre-publication status is gathering interest so many more pre-orders are needed before Faithlife would work on creating this Bible resource.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS