7.9 (7.9.0.0013) is Now Available

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2517
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 5 2017 10:35 AM

To immediately update to the current stable version enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Download Link

Posts 1205
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 12:59 PM

There seems to be synchronization problems.....takes forever to load settings and when it does my notes are not showing.  I know the solution is to load my logs etc, etc. It would be better if it just worked. I don't have time for logos problems.

Anyone else seeing problems with this last "update"

Posts 538
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 2:30 PM

I had hoped that this update would fix the problem in the Mac version that the app halts/hangs when it is loaded automatically as part of the boot process. You had previously said that you could duplicate the problem and it would be looked at, however, this update still has the same issue.

John

Posts 2517
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 2:51 PM

Mike Tourangeau:

There seems to be synchronization problems.....takes forever to load settings and when it does my notes are not showing.  I know the solution is to load my logs etc, etc. It would be better if it just worked. I don't have time for logos problems.

We really do need logs to be able to investigate this.

Posts 2517
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 2:52 PM

John Kaess:

I had hoped that this update would fix the problem in the Mac version that the app halts/hangs when it is loaded automatically as part of the boot process. You had previously said that you could duplicate the problem and it would be looked at, however, this update still has the same issue.

John

Hi John,

We do have a case open, and I have brought it to the team's attention.

Posts 98
Jeremy Writebol | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 5:40 AM

Yep - and I don't even know what it means to "load logs" - is this now a steam engine we have to feed with wood to keep going???

Posts 55
Bobby Bosler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 6:24 AM

Mike Tourangeau:

I am having similar loading issues. In addition, right now my whole application is hanging indefinitely. I cannot do anything.

Posts 55
Bobby Bosler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 6:54 AM

Bobby Bosler:

Mike Tourangeau:

I am having similar loading issues. In addition, right now my whole application is hanging indefinitely. I cannot do anything.

It seems to be working now. I killed the Logos processes in MacOS Activity monitor and then restarted.

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 6:57 AM

Jeremy Writebol:

Yep - and I don't even know what it means to "load logs" - is this now a steam engine we have to feed with wood to keep going???

The correct term is "upload logs." Logging, in computer terms, is a line by line listing of what the application and/or computer was doing during a period of time. All computers have some kinds of logging enabled. In this case, you need to enable (turn on) Logos logging and upload (submit) them to the forums. Please create a new thread and explain the issue clearly, providing appropriate details (including logs). My signature line has instructions 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 234
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 7:12 AM

I wish the programmers would really remove the white space on the toolbar.  The much earlier version was great.  The newer version is terrible.  We lost almost half of our original space.   

Improvements

Toolbar

• Reduced white space between Toolbar Shortcuts. (Mac only) Thread
Posts 3174
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 7:57 AM

Kevin Olson:
I wish the programmers would really remove the white space on the toolbar.  The much earlier version was great.  The newer version is terrible.  We lost almost half of our original space.

I filed a bug report about how much added white space still remains for 7.9.

Hopefully FL will remove the rest of the added white space, to recover space for the shortcut icons.

Posts 280
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 9:31 AM

EDIT: Post removed because I received a solution in the forum

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 280
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 9:38 AM

Bobby Bosler:

It seems to be working now. I killed the Logos processes in MacOS Activity monitor and then restarted.

This worked for me. Thanks

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 2517
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 9:40 AM

David Wanat:

Wow, immediately hangs. I'm going to have to roll this one back on my Mac.

David,

If you have not yet rolled the application back, could you install the utility linked below, reproduce the hang, and upload the .zip file? Getting us the .zip file will help us in diagnosing this hang and improve the application.

https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging#Logos_for_OS_X

Thanks,

Philana

Posts 2517
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 9:45 AM

David,

I'm glad you are up and running, by the time I posted my reply about your issue, you were already able to resolve it. If you experience further issues just follow the steps in my previous post. This will help us improve the performance of Logos on macOS.

Posts 280
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 9:50 AM

I will do so in the future. I was a bit stressed because I needed my Verbum at that particular moment. I apologize if my original post seemed rude. God Bless.

Posts 2517
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 10:08 AM

David Wanat:

I will do so in the future. I was a bit stressed because I needed my Verbum at that particular moment. I apologize if my original post seemed rude. God Bless.

Hey David,

I completely understand, and you did not come across rude at all. I'm glad you have things working. I know how important having Logos or Verbum working is. I use Logos each week to prepare to teach a class at my church. I appreciate your willingness to help us improve the software.

In Christ,

Philana

Posts 283
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 3:42 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

David Wanat:

Hey David,

I completely understand, and you did not come across rude at all. I'm glad you have things working. I know how important having Logos or Verbum working is. I use Logos each week to prepare to teach a class at my church. I appreciate your willingness to help us improve the software.

In Christ,

Philana

So. is this new update safe to download on a Mac or not?

Posts 27451
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 4:55 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
So. is this new update safe to download on a Mac or not?

I am unaware of any widespread issues. There have been some users recently with troubles, but many of those began prior to this release. There may be an issue specifically related to this release for some users, but that is always the case. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 6230
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 8:12 PM

Ok, so when I type the command to prompt my laptop to run the ngen command it takes me to a verification window. I click "Yes" Logos begins to open but the command window stays open. Should I close it or will it close on its own after a few minutes? If so, how long does it take to close? It seems Logos is still running slow.

DAL

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS