New Windows option in 7.9 to make Logos faster

Page 4 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 71 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 2338
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 17 2017 4:40 PM

Yes

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 1401
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 17 2017 6:40 PM

Dave Hooton:

Rick Ausdahl:
For me, 16-20 seconds is acceptable--8-9 seconds would be very nice.

You can save a further 2s if your Startup is "Most recent layout - any" by making it "Most recent layout - local" (but only if you don't want to share the layout with another installation that has the same Logos account).

That's good to know, Dave. Smile  I'll keep it in mind because I do use a single laptop most of the time so whittling off a little more startup time would be nice.  But I do occasionally use a desktop and a second laptop, so for now I'll think I'll leave it as "most recent layout-any."

Posts 6497
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 19 2017 11:21 AM

Something must be wrong with mine. This Sunday when I started the program it took a full 7 minutes! So I'll keep waiting on a better solution. It's odd how FL created the cadillac of Bible softwares, yet it is slower than a turtle 🐢 

DAL

Posts 6497
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 19 2017 12:46 PM

I just turned my laptop, waited 15 minutes for everything to load and then I fired up Logos. It took 3 minutes and 15 seconds to load up from blue icon to showing full content of the home page screen. After that, I changed the interface to Spanish and restarted the program. When I restarted it, it took 32 seconds.

I guess there must be something wrong with my laptop that it causes Logos to take longer the first time I turn it on. I guess I will do some digging to speed my system up a bit. However, 32 seconds to restart is not bad. I wish it was, at least, that way all the time.

DAL

Ps. Accordance took 50 seconds the first time around to get up and run.  When I closed the program and restarted it, it only took 11 seconds.  Is there a way FL could borrow the recipe to make Logos run faster? Maybe steal it like the King from Burger King stole the Egg McMuffin recipe from McDonald's?  Hehehe...it'd be good for business!

Posts 258
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 8:24 AM

Sound like caching of some sort is kicking in the second time you load the same program. Hybrid drive?

Posts 25050
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 12:49 PM

danwdoo:

Sound like caching of some sort is kicking in the second time you load the same program. Hybrid drive?

See Andrew's post from the previous page of this thread.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 6
Kevin Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2018 4:21 AM

How will I know when I no longer need to apply this manual update. We're at 7.15 now ... has this speed improvement been built in yet? How will we be notified that it has so we can stop running the ngen etc.?

Posts 1962
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2018 4:44 AM

Kevin Mitchell:

How will I know when I no longer need to apply this manual update. We're at 7.15 now ... has this speed improvement been built in yet? How will we be notified that it has so we can stop running the ngen etc.?

I have a similar question.  What happens if we apply the manual update more than once though we do not need to?

Posts 443
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2018 7:09 AM

I believe every new update now auto-initiates the ngen command.

Posts 25050
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2018 10:54 PM

Kevin Mitchell:

Use the command Set Use Ngen to Yes and restart Logos (No is the default).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1962
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 10:24 AM

Dave

In L8, LogosSpeed.bat and LogosSpeed.cmd still appear in my Logos folder.  Can they now be deleted?

Posts 9098
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 10:25 AM

Yes.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 4 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS