Page 2 of 11 (209 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 208 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 12188
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 3:38 AM

Daniel Di Bartolo:
You need to be invited to join the LogosNext Beta.

I requested an invite, but haven't had one yet. I'd be glad to participate, though.

Posts 25826
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 4:17 AM

Mark Barnes:
I requested an invite, but haven't had one yet.

The email will come from Apple, not FL. Have you checked carefully for it? 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 109
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 5:58 AM

Hello all, 

I've been playing with the LogosNext app and I wanted to say—awesome job! It's fresh and exciting but also easy to use!

A couple of thoughts:

1. Like everyone else is saying, page turning should be a one finger swipe and changing tabs should be a two finger swipe. 

2. I love how clean the pages are now, but there should be a header option so you know which resource is open and where you are. Maybe the resource's short name and chapter/verse? As I was changing tabs to different commentaries I couldn't tell which commentary was which.  See mockup below. 

3. You can't link a Text Comparison tab to the other tabs. That would be a nice feature! 

4. I noticed that something that is broken in the non-beta app got fixed (which is great!). When previewing a cross reference in the ESV, LORD (for Yahweh in the OT) now says "LORD" instead of "Lord" (Adonai) which has been misleading. Glad to see this fixed in LogosNext. 

5. Lastly (and not super important), I wish more fonts were available. Even just a sans-serif option would be welcomed. That being said, I do love the default font. 

Awesome job, team. Thanks for all you do! 

Posts 2531
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 6:24 AM

I've been on the beta using Testflight but it's not there for me either. How does one request an invite? I guess if I don't know, I'm not likely to get one. Kind of like fight club?

Posts 1770
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 7:03 AM

[CRASH] Tapping the first item in a clipping document briefly opens the Edit dialog and then crashes.

My Base Packages  Forum Theme

Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970; Win 10 Pro
Google Pixel XL | Apple iPad pro 9.7

Posts 25826
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 7:34 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:
I've been on the beta using Testflight but it's not there for me either. How does one request an invite?

Technically, it isn't a "beta," but an "alpha." I have been told that FL is waiting for approval from Apple for the update to shift over to the regular beta channel, at which point you (should) have access to it. This could be within days. 

Posts 1770
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 9:32 AM

Do you want the reports here limited to what is listed in the App Description, What to look for, section?

I really love the direction and new aesthetic. I didn't think I'd like tabs on mobile, but WOW! Really nice work.

I'm doing this at work so, just a few quick observations:

• Text Compare: Typing a verse in ref box or selecting a ref from the picker goes somewhere random.
  • Can't read the Last Read toast notification; colors are wrong. Also, tapping on it opens a new tab???
  • How do you delete a Prayer List?
  • Not a new problem: When you go offline with a non-local resource open in a tab, you can scroll through to blank space. Putting an Offline marker on there would be a nice reminder to the user that this is expected. Another option would be to allow caching entire resources as they are opened, however you'd have to be respectful of Data Rates for cell users.
  • Atlas: Is that a place holder? Where's the new fast maps from the web platform?

Some of this may be me getting acclimated to a different way of navigation, but these are a few impressions:

• I keep reaching to top right for the tab manager. Like Safari & Chrome. I also keep trying to pinch the screen to get to the tab manager.
  • I'm not crazy about the order of menu items. The most often used tasks should be nearer the top. I appreciate and approve of wanting the Store more upfront (is it going to be used on iOS?), but it pushed more useful items down the list. Have you considered putting just the icons on a single row at the top, next to the Done buttton? [Menu] [Store] [Settings] [Help] Done.
  • The Back button confuses me. It's enabled when there is nowhere to go back to. I understand that there is a useful history displayed (long press), but it's just wrong that it's enabled,I can tap it and it does nothing.

Daniel Di Bartolo:

Phil Miller:
Could you clarify the functionality of the Logos icon button at the bottom center of the window.

It's "the Bible" button. A common complaint we here about the current app is that it's difficult to make your way back to the Bible. That button with 1.) Open your preferred Bible in a new tab (if it isn't open) OR 2.) Open the last used instance of your preferred Bible.

Thank You!!!

Posts 25826
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 9:46 AM

Randy W. Sims:
I didn't think I'd like tabs on mobile, but WOW! Really nice work.

"Tabs" isn't really the right word... "desktops" comes closer, but isn't quite right either. 

Posts 109
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 9:48 AM

alabama24:
"Tabs" isn't really the right word... "desktops" comes closer, but isn't quite right either. 

Workspace?

Posts 25826
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 10:10 AM

Better, I think. I reserve the right to change my mind. Smile

Posts 109
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 10:17 AM

Nope, nope! You're locked in now! 

Posts 1770
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 10:28 AM

alabama24:

Randy W. Sims:
I didn't think I'd like tabs on mobile, but WOW! Really nice work.

Yeah. When tabs were mentioned long ago, I kept thinking of those clunky file cabinet tabs like we have on desktop. All I could imagine was a big clunky interface. This is smooth. Now that I say that I wanna go try and find if there’s a limit to number of tabs/desktops/workspaces...

Is anyone having trouble with the splitter bar? I keep missing it. Maybe my small fingers? It needs a big invisible grab area to widen it. I think I’m getting better but it’s a pain.

Posts 1674
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:21 PM

How do you find the slider on a new tab?

Posts 19400
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:23 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

There currently isn't one, not sure if one is planned

Posts 464
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:30 PM

Graham Criddle:

Kenneth Neighoff:

Not sure what you mean? If it's the slider for the top/bottom windows (is that the right word?), then open tab view and press the two boxes in the top right corner to display the slider.

Apologies if I've misunderstood.

Posts 1674
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:32 PM

Graham Criddle:

Kenneth Neighoff:

There currently isn't one, not sure if one is planned.

thanks Graham.

the reason I asked is because there is one on the first tab, the one that is there when the app opens.   

I'm still trying to figure out how to change books or Bibles in that first tab.

Posts 1674
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:35 PM

James McAdams:

Graham Criddle:

Kenneth Neighoff:

Not sure what you mean? If it's the slider for the top/bottom windows (is that the right word?), then open tab view and press the two boxes in the top right corner to display the slider.

Apologies if I've misunderstood.

thanks James. That is what I was looking for.  

Definately not that easy to find.

Posts 873
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:42 PM

I have seen Apple mentioned several times on this thread and am confused. Are all the wonderful changes that are being discussed only available on Apple devices? If so, I would assume Android support will follow at some point?

Posts 6
LogosEmployee
Giovanni Segar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:57 PM

Matthew:

I have seen Apple mentioned several times on this thread and am confused. Are all the wonderful changes that are being discussed only available on Apple devices? If so, I would assume Android support will follow at some point?

Yes, Android is coming soon. The final release will be simultaneous with iOS. We're just ahead on iOS. 

Posts 109
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 1:46 PM

How about My Tag editing access?

Page 2 of 11 (209 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS