Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5
Dennis Ziesmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 8 2017 4:07 AM

I am trying to set up a new machine to run Proclaim.It has a fresh install of windows 10, and I consistently get the response that the install of the proclaim prerequisites was not successful. Could use some help.

Here are the log files:

2043.PrerequisitesInstall.log

8228.ProclaimSetup.log

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 8:52 AM

Dennis, I wanted to let you know that we replied to your posting on our Faithlife page here

Posts 5
Dennis Ziesmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 9:16 AM

Hi Brandyn,

Thanks for the reply, I am answering here because I couldn't reply on the other post.

I checked for updates this morning before generating the log file.  Indication was that all updates were complete.

I saw the log entry about .net framework. I installed version 4.7 which told me I was up to date with the latest .net framework. I will try to uninstall that and reinstall tonight.

Any other ideas I can try would be welcome!

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 2:04 PM

If possible, try installing Proclaim with just .net 4.5 and not 4.7. We've gotten a similar report from another user on 4.7, and as it is a relatively new beast, we'd like to see if this is possibly causing an undesired interaction with the Pre-requisites. 

Posts 5
Dennis Ziesmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 2:22 PM

I am running Windows 10 build 1703.  It has .net 4.7 built in and cannot be uninstalled and will not allow for another version to be installed.  arg.

Posts 5
Dennis Ziesmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 4:27 PM

I went to an older version of windows 10 (1511) and Proclaim installed just fine.

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 7:21 AM

Dennis,

Was the Win 10 Build 1703 a candidate release or a beta version of a Windows update? 

You mentioned that going to an older build is what allowed it to install, right?

Posts 5
Dennis Ziesmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 10:47 AM

1703 was a released version of Windows 10, downloaded from the  Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC)

I was able to install and run under 1511.

The system just finished upsetting to 1703, and Proclaim is still working fine.

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 10:51 AM

Thanks for the information, I'm glad to hear that you were able to update and still have Proclaim working. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS