Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 336
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 8 2017 10:33 AM

I run the pre-service loop for approximately 1/2 hour before service time. At about the 15 minute mark I jump to a video that is different every week and only played once. When the video ends I go back to the pre-service loop until the service starts. The videos are all different lengths, and I always start the warm-up manually. Can you think of any way I can automate the pre-service/video detour without being terribly complicated? Note that the video is played at a certain time, rather than following a specific slide in the pre-service loop.

A second part of this problem is that I have to put the video slide in the service area and jump to it at the right time and then remember to delete or skip it during the service time. Is there any way that I can put this video slide closer to the pre-service loop without automatically showing it?

I know I can do this by having a video player cued up and switching windows, but I would rather do it all within Proclaim if possible. 

Thanks

Posts 4944
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 11:31 AM

Brendon

Seeing that you are committed to one manual change in your workflow why not try this.

PRESENTATION ONE START MINUS 30MINS

PreService RUNS FOR ABOUT 15 MINS

(No warm up) SET SERVICE START TIME FOR START MINUS 15 MINUTES

Run Video (in service item)

PRESENTATION TWO - this is where at the end of the video you manually start a new service this service has the correct start time set

PreService (duplicate of presentation one)

Warm uo (now starts automatically)

Service (now starts on time and is not cluttered with the video)

Posts 336
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 12:21 PM

Worth exploring, Thanks Mike.

Posts 336
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 9:45 AM

Mike's suggestion would work great if I could seamlessly go on air with a second presentation from within the first, as I suggested a year ago (https://community.logos.com/forums/t/128719.aspx)

However, opening a second presentation and then going on air manually is not a smooth process.

Posts 336
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 10:07 AM

I looked in the user voice area and found a similar suggestion called "Abillity to embed/link presentations" was suggested in 2011, but was declined in 2015 because Proclaim already has the "Reuse" feature. However, the ability to link to a sub-routine as opposed to copying the code was introduced to programming by D. J. Wheeler in 1952. (Even before I started programming.)

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 11 2017 9:04 AM

Brendon, one solution would be adding support for customizable service sections. This has been requested but it's not on the short list at this time.

A better workaround might be to set your video as a custom quick screen. This would still require some manual intervention to show the quick screen and hide it when complete but should be slightly better than what you're doing currently. I just tried it and it looks like there are some wrinkles around setting a Video background to a custom quick screen (missing player UI, unable to set Video background on Windows). We'll try to get these fixed shortly.

Posts 336
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 11 2017 12:46 PM

Scott,

I could certainly work with that. I did try attaching a short video to a quick screen, but it was back when they were introduced. The video worked, but I got a noticeable lag before the video actually started (even though it was tiny) and was not acceptable for my application. What I noticed was the first time the quick screen was used after going on air, it took quite a while to load, but subsequent uses of the same screen loaded quicker. In this case the lag would be OK.

Posts 336
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 11 2017 3:13 PM

It looks like this may work for me. I can attach a video as background for a custom quick screen and while the preservice loop is running select the quick screen and the video runs to completion. When I deselect the quick screen the preservice loop resumes where it left off. The only drawback is I will have to chop my video into the size pieces I want since there doesn't seem to be any way I can set start and end points on the quick screen. The video I used to test was a 26 mb MP4. This all worked on my home computer with only one monitor in preview mode. I'll still have to try it on the church computer.

Posts 336
Brendon Marks (BCBC) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 18 2017 10:40 AM

Some more info on this thread. After my initial success, I imported a few videos into my group upload. All have names that start with BGv2.  and each has a tag indicating which Sunday it will be used. If I Browse Media, they all show up as one would expect, however when I attempt to add one of them as a background to a custom quick screen, they do not show up in the "Browse Media" option. Not even the one that worked yesterday on 9/17/17. The presentation that worked yesterday is titled Sep 17, 2017. I probably imported that video at the time I added it to the quick screen. I can do that, each time, but why don't they show when using the Settings/Quick Screens/background/Browse Media   option?

Posts 721
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 18 2017 10:42 AM

I think we checked the image facet on the left when opening from the Default settings. You'll have to uncheck this to see the videos.

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS