Double finger scroll no longer scrolls as expected

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 33 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 21
chacojerald | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 15 2017 1:11 PM

I have my app set to flip pages, so "scroll view" is unchecked.  However, as I quite frequently highlight text, I need the scrolling function to realign the text so everything I am wanting to highlight is on the same page.  

Up until very recently this worked flawlessly by swiping with two fingers up and down, which replicated the scrolling function.  This for me was a brilliant combination and I used it almost daily.  

Somehow after one of the more recent updates this has stop working.  Now doing a double finger scroll, instead of a smooth sliding motion of the text scrolling up and down, it jumps all over the place, a few pages forward and a few back.  It feels very erratic and "glitchy". 

I am using Android app version 5.16.5 on an LG G4.  I can also replicate the issue on my ASUS Transformer tablet.

A two finger salute to anyone who can fix this! :D

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 15 2017 2:58 PM

Just for narrowing down, no issue with ios 5.15.2. ios 5.17.0 also ok. So, must be Android side.

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 15 2017 6:43 PM
  1. Does it matter which resource?
  2. Do you have panels linked?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 520
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 16 2017 1:00 AM

chacojerald:

Now doing a double finger scroll, instead of a smooth sliding motion of the text scrolling up and down, it jumps all over the place, a few pages forward and a few back.  It feels very erratic and "glitchy". 

I'm experiencing the same issue on my Android mobile phone.

Posts 21
chacojerald | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 16 2017 10:13 AM

1.  The issue is the same across resources.

2. I'm using only a single panel, no screen splitting. 

Posts 27688
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 16 2017 7:53 PM

There is always a second panel, even if you don't see it 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21
chacojerald | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 17 2017 6:26 PM

Ok, well I checked this setting and saw panel syncing was set to "on", so I turned it off, and retested the two-finger swipe.  Same results, jumps forward and backward instead of scrolling smoothly.

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 19 2017 1:05 PM

Hi chacojerald,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this behavior. We are aware of the issue and have an internal case written up for it to be fixed. Keep an eye out on the release notes as we update the app to see if we've fixed this issue. 

Posts 520
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 19 2017 1:19 PM

Tommy Ball:

We are aware of the issue and have an internal case written up for it to be fixed.

Yes

Posts 14
Brian LeStourgeon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 24 2017 2:52 PM

November 24th. I'm still experiencing this on all Android devices. Any update on the progress of a fix? 

Posts 2720
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 25 2017 12:46 PM

Yes Still a big problem on Android.

Posts 21
chacojerald | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 1:03 PM

I agree, this issue has not been resolved!

Posts 13
Chad Dukes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 11:52 AM

Just got the "biggest ever update". This issue is still present. Two-finger scrolling rapidly (and uncontrollably) moves by pages and not lines. Running Logos 6.0.1 on Pixel w/ Oreo 8.1.0. 

Personally, my biggest issue is not highlighting, but re-reading immediate context. Sometimes I need to go back a couple of verses to re-read the thought - and to have it on the same page. However, with the new tabbed Logos using the page swipe motion to switch between tabs, I guess I will have to just modify how I use the app to read. Sigh. I have been assimilated.

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 20 2017 11:55 AM

Chad Dukes:
Two-finger scrolling rapidly (and uncontrollably) moves by pages and not lines. Running Logos 6.0.1 on Pixel w/ Oreo 8.1.0. 

Hi Chad, I'm sorry for the problem with scrolling. The current version of Logos is 6.0.3. Can you confirm you've got that installed (from home tap the button with three lines in the top-left) and click Help), and if you do please also make sure you have "scroll view" enabled from the View settings for the book in question? In the book tap the three dot menu in the top-right, and select "View Settings" at the bottom (you may have to scroll a bit to get to it).

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 8:13 AM

It seems someone else has been able to replicate this behavior with newer versions of the application. We've got a case written up for it and are investigating. Thank you for reporting it!

Posts 21
chacojerald | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 11:04 AM

I can confirm this issue is unchanged as of 6.0.3.  To clarify, the double finger scroll is supposed to work exactly with the scroll feature disabled, not enabled.  So the default mode is set to flip the page, with the option to scroll (using the double-finger vertical wipe) to make slight readjustments to the material seen on the page. This is what used to work and is now quirky. On a further note, the double-finger horizontal swipe to switch between tabs works flawlessly, a feature I find absolutely fantastic!  Great job on the updated app!  Thank you for your assurances this is being looked into.

Posts 21
chacojerald | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 2:18 PM

Why is nothing being done to resolve this bug?  This is not a new feature request, it once consistently worked!

Posts 3058
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 4:52 AM

chacojerald:

Why is nothing being done to resolve this bug?  This is not a new feature request, it once consistently worked!

Perhaps it is being worked on, but the problem just hasn't been solved yet.

Posts 13
Chad Dukes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 8:20 AM

I am now on 6.3.1, on a Google Pixel 2, Android version 8.1.0. The issue remains.

Posts 24955
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:15 PM

Annoyingly so.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS