New Minimum Windows OS requirement for 7.10

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 21339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 25 2017 7:03 AM

Glenn:
So what can we anticipate with Logos 7.10?  Will it be worth the wait?

You can see what is included in the beta releases for 7.10 thus far at https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_7_Beta_Release_Notes 

There are some very useful things there - such as "NOT operators" and enhancements to the Sermon Editor

(Some features are only available to those with a Logos Now subscription)

Posts 6
Björn Pettersson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 17 2017 1:58 AM

So, how do I use than command, where and how, if I want to permanently increase the performance (and yes, I managed to increase it with 7.9 SR-1, but understand it as I need to do it again, in the command prompt, with some command)? Sorry for not being used to the Logos commands.

This reply is to Dave Hooton's post, Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:56 AM

Posts 26708
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 18 2017 8:58 PM

Björn Pettersson:

So, how do I use than command, where and how, if I want to permanently increase the performance (and yes, I managed to increase it with 7.9 SR-1, but understand it as I need to do it again, in the command prompt, with some command)? Sorry for not being used to the Logos commands.

This reply is to Dave Hooton's post, Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:56 AM

Dave lists the command as Set use ngen to yes. If your default language isn’t English, however, the command may be different. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 32
Andrew BN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 10 2017 6:39 AM

I seem to be stuck on Logos 7.9.0021. I have Win 7 SP1. I have MS.Net 4.7 but it does not appear in the "Turn Windows Features on or off" window, but in the "Uninstall or Change a Program" list. In Services I have  .NET Framework NGEN v2.0.50727_X86 set to "Disabled" and v4.0.303319_X86 set to "Automatic (Delayed Start)". I did not change these settings. Any ideas?

Posts 26708
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 10 2017 6:48 AM

Andrew BN:
Any ideas?

yes. Manually download and install the engine (see my signature line). If that doesnt work, please create a new thread. Provide appropriate details (including logs). 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 132
Paul L. White | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 10 2017 6:53 AM

This is what worked for me...on my laptop.  Kudos for the suggestion!

Posts 32
Andrew BN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 10 2017 7:15 AM

Thanks, alabama24, that worked.

Posts 2
Dr Matthias Benfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 5 2017 5:59 AM

Hi Dave,

I've been following the other posts on .NET 4.7.

My problem is that when I install .NET 4.7, certain OTHER programs stop working. I am running Windows 7 64 bit SP1, so .NET 4.7 installed without issues, as did the latest version of LOGOS. But when the other programs (e.g., Adobe Digital Editions, Sonos Controller) stopped working, I had to uninstall .NET 4.7 and roll back to .NET 4.6.2. Now all my other programs work, but I cannot install the latest version of LOGOS.

Do you have any suggestions, other than buying a new computer?

Thank you!

Matthias

Posts 24138
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 5 2017 3:15 PM

Dr Matthias Benfey:
But when the other programs (e.g., Adobe Digital Editions, Sonos Controller) stopped working,

There is an issue with the Sonos Controller.  And I was able to install and use Adobe 4.5.7 on Win 10 with .NET 4.7.1 .

You might have to decide between Sonos and Logos until Sonos can fix the problem. Have you got the latest version of Adobe Digital?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2
Dr Matthias Benfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 5 2017 3:43 PM

Thanks, Dave,

I do have the latest Adobe Digital Editions. Meanwhile, Logos does work, but I am currently one release behind, and will fall further behind until the problem is fixed by one or more of the companies involved.

Best regards,

Matthias

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS