Logos 8 Wishlist

Page 5 of 10 (187 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 186 Replies | 22 Followers

Posts 24855
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 25 2017 1:31 PM

Denise:
I still think Faithlife is on the cusp, if only it'd concentrate on integrated, and easy.

I don't know if it is "on the cusp," but I certainly agree with you that there is a need... as you say, especially for smaller churches. I don't think FL is there now. To clarify my point above: I don't want to have to join some stupid group just to link to a reading plan. I don't want emails letting me know that someone was "blessed" by such and such a passage. There is a place for that... but I don't want to be bombarded by it by complete strangers... which has been my FL experience thus far. Further, there is a need to be able to have conversations... DB's are much better suited for that than are small, pithy posts. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 1542
Gao Lu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 25 2017 3:24 PM

Quick version:  SPEED

Medium version: Just give us acceptable responsiveness

Long-winded-preach-past-lunchtime version:

I would ever so happily forgo everything else to get some -- S-P-E-E-D --   Doesn't have to be anything crazy, just software that does not hang up when all I want to do is take a quick peek at Ps 27:14.

I still go to competitive software at times (and am beefing it up with resources) when I just want to get something simple done and don't want to wait on endless spinning wheels and clicks that take minutes to respond as Logos works my hard drive at 14 MB/s doing heaven only knows what (not indexing). 

To my dismay, Logos slowness has made all three of my children go astray, to abandon Logos for something faster.  I know kids need time to grow up, but please help me win them back! 

Posts 14
Cromwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 25 2017 3:52 PM

1.  Speed, speed, speed e.g. ability to turn off all visual effects like in Windows performance options so there is no lag at all on pop ups while hovering and opening windows

2.  Ability to customise the size of information tool tips (please someone advise if this is already possible)

I love Logos and its features.  However, despite recent improvements, it feels a bit like having saved up to buy a luxury car only to discover that it won't reach over 50mph unless you run it on expensive special fuel, instead of what most other cars run happily on.

I have demonstrated Logos to friends.  Superb features have not been enough to convince them to buy due to the laggy speed.

Posts 240
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 26 2017 5:27 AM

Colours! I still find it difficult to believe we have no options for colours (not doing it by Windows settings) but within Logos itself. Online Bible etc have had this feature since the beginning (back in the late 80's) but Logos for one reason or the other refuses to add that. Come on Technicians or Writers, Producers, Editors etc etc. ............ simply do it.  :-) 

ASUS Rogue / 240 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos Now 

Posts 2710
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 26 2017 6:58 AM

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 154
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 9:39 AM

I wrote a big long post on it here -- but the summary is allow people to self-publish to the Logos platform like Amazon does with self-publishing to the Kindle, or like apps to the App Store.

Brings a new revenue source for Logos while greatly expanding resources available - especially for other languages. Which will make it hard for other platforms to ever keep up, and thus making Logos stronger.

Posts 272
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 11:50 AM

Hey Phil, I just have one thing kind of small but I liking using clippings a lot.  So I would appreciate it if you could cut and paste something not in logos and then be able to add it directly as a clipping.  I know you can do this other ways (like notes) so why not in clippings?  Thanks for asking Phil.

In His Name

Matt

Posts 2413
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 1:42 PM

Yes

Philip Bassham:

I wrote a big long post on it here -- but the summary is allow people to self-publish to the Logos platform like Amazon does with self-publishing to the Kindle, or like apps to the App Store.

Brings a new revenue source for Logos while greatly expanding resources available - especially for other languages. Which will make it hard for other platforms to ever keep up, and thus making Logos stronger.

Yes!!

Posts 830
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 2:22 PM

Tes:

I wish this forum had a "like" or "agree" button. There are a lot of suggestions here that I would express agreement with. It would allow Logos to get a sense of how popular an idea or concern is.

Posts 830
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 2:32 PM

Philip Bassham:
allow people to self-publish to the Logos platform like Amazon does

A good idea. Yes

Posts 830
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 2:41 PM

Chris K:
Ability to access personal books on iPad/app.

1. It is critical that Personal Books be usable on the mobile platforms. IMHO a tablet is the best way to read a book, as opposed to study the Bible while periodically consulting small random portions in reference books.

2. I would like a simpler way to distribute Personal Books to a few other people, without requiring them to compile the book. Something along the line of the Documents, where I can provide a link to someone and they can add the Personal Book I create to their library. I have a number of Personal Books I have created for this purpose as class handouts.

3. It is also frustrating that I cannot move a book from one of my own computers to another without rebuilding the book from the source file. I just had to revert to an old computer due to a failure in my mail computer. My personal books are listed under the Personal Books tool, but I cannot build them because I do not have the source document on this computer.

Chris K:
love to see the file size maximum for personal books to be bumped up to at least 50MB.

4. I totally agree. Breaking up a personal book into smaller "pamphlets" makes reading and searching unnecessarily cumbersome.

Posts 830
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 2:45 PM

Chris K:
preset collection based on base packages

Yes All of these should be available for all versions of base packages, including Biblical Languages Library and denominational base packages. When I create class assignments and exercises, I need to know what students would have access to for the base package that they are required to own at our school. The problem is exacerbated by the changing content of base packages with each new version of Logos. Some resources I could assume students would have are not longer included in base packages.

Posts 24855
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 4:47 PM

Harry Hahne:
It is critical that Personal Books be usable on the mobile platforms.

Harry Hahne:
I would like a simpler way to distribute Personal Books to a few other people, without requiring them to compile the book.

In case you haven't read Bob's posts from more recently, it doesn't look like this will ever happen. Bob's original vision for personal books was ... personal books. Many (if not most) users have utilized the tool to import books from other sources. This presents legal and other challenges. 

FWIW - I wish it would come to mobile as well. I wish they used Dropbox API for sync / cloud service. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 700
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 5:50 PM

Refresh the Home Screen / sidebar dramatically. It's basically been the same since L4. Get creative. Make it fun, interactive, and fully customizable, especially the sidebar.

Would love to be able to, say, drag a few favorites to the sidebar, then a course or two I like, then a reading plan, then a prayer list, then perhaps see a new scripture from a book of the Bible each day, etc. Let us make the sidebar our own little slice of heaven on virtual earth. 

How about Faithife TV as an alternate L8 home page

Let us be able to apply themes to the home page to change it up a bit, much like one can do in Windows. 

Fix the reported bugs in the Mac Notes editor, please. 

I know there are major changes coming to Notes, But if the notes documents are staying, give us the ability to predefine how the notes are stored in those documents. Allow for simple logic that can be selected which would then directed the notes to a particular document. For example, allow me to predefine that any highlighting to a Bible will be saved in a "Bible notes" document. If I highlight or take notes in a commentary, make those highlights to automatically go to a "New Testament" or "Old Testament commentary" document. If I highlighted in red, allow that to go to a document labeled "important." These are just examples off the top of my head. I know that the faceted browsing of the notes will allow us to access this, butI still don't understand why we can't have predefined actions for particular resources / documents. 

Myke Harbuck, MREd, DMin, PhD Student
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Logos 6.10 SR-2; Portfolio(GK), Logos Now; Mac OS 10.11.13 El Capitan; Late 2014 iMac, 3.5MHz i5, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 2148
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 8:49 PM

My wish: zero errors in the electronic versions of OL texts, e.g. NA28.

Posts 771
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 9:45 PM
  1. Definitely add "Projects" as an alternative to layouts.
  2. Backwards compatibility between Proclaim and the Sermon Editor, where I can import a service. Also, song integration in sermon editor.
  3. Better Atlas.
  4. Zoom on all images.
  5. Updates to Timeline. It feels like it has a lot of information, but never quite enough to make it my first choice. I should be able to snap to search results and pull in all those fancy Factbook features.
  6. FOCUS! Your core competency does not include Social Media, "Ask the Author," etc. Wasting time on half baked ideas like those undermines my confidence In your focus on good things (like the essential, but half baked journals). Mobile Ed and Proclaim are natural extensions of what you are already doing. Faithlife as a social network and church management software are not.
  7. The fuzzy Bible search is lousy. The response to a lot of early feedback was defensive and mostly just repeated that what we really wanted from the function was not possible with the way it was built. I am sorry you wasted time and money building it in a way that is not compatible with basic user requests, but that does not change the need to look at those requests and go back to the drawing board.

Posts 1717
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 28 2017 10:09 AM

Add export functionality to nt use of the ot interactive

Posts 802
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 4:57 AM

I know that the right-click menu is cluttered enough already, but I would like the ability to select a lengthy passage of text in Logos, right-click it, and copy only a hyperlinked citation to the text without also copying the text itself. When I am writing or doing research, there are many times that all I need is a citation. Having Logos also copy the text of whatever resource I am citing introduces extra/unwanted steps into my workflow. Once I paste into Word, I then to select the text (that I did not want copied to begin with) and then delete it. This only takes a few seconds, but doing it over and over becomes annoying.

Posts 27
grippit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 7:58 AM

1) Deploy full Logos 8 with all the desktop features on a virtual machine in the cloud.  Logos 7 is one of the reasons that I still maintain a personal desktop machine rather than going all-mobile for personal use.

2) For switching notes files, make it as easy to do on desktop as it is on the mobile apps.

Posts 1136
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 9:16 AM

When I print, I want it to **select subsections by default**. Right now, i have to drill down two or three layers and manually check every box or it just prints the header.

I also want to be able to control the font size from the print control, instead of having to close out of it, change my Logos font size, and then go back into the print dialogue. 

These are two small but frequent and annoying problems. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Page 5 of 10 (187 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.