Logos 8 Wishlist

Page 7 of 10 (187 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
This post has 186 Replies | 22 Followers

Posts 771
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 5:35 PM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

Ben:
When I print, I want it to **select subsections by default**. Right now, i have to drill down two or three layers and manually check every box or it just prints the header

Did you know that if you right-click the header section in the print/export dialog, you can "select all" and it will select the child sections? That's not what you're asking for, but it is speedier than the individual clicks.

Woah. I wish I had known that sooner. "Select All" would be a nice default in L8, though. I can't imagine that people normally do not want subsections.

Posts 1507
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 6:21 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
A drop-down list for "Back" history already exists;

That seems to be a drop down list of history in one particular resource, and disappears when the resource is closed. This is not what I am talking about.  Please tell me you understood that.

And I am also talking about drop down lists in general...like you would find in a web browser. 

Posts 7158
LogosEmployee

Mark:

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
A drop-down list for "Back" history already exists;

That seems to be a drop down list of history in one particular resource, and disappears when the resource is closed. This is not what I am talking about.  Please tell me you understood that.

And I am also talking about drop down lists in general...like you would find in a web browser. 

I don't understand how this feature is dissimilar from the drop-down list that appears when the Back button in a web browser tab is right-clicked, and disappears when the tab is closed.

Posts 1507
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 5:10 AM

A browser is one full tab.  You can open many tabs in a browser and all the history will be seen regardless of what tab you are using.  In Logos, you can have 10 different resources open (ten tabs).  Each of these tabs currently has a drop down history list.  But there is no one central drop down history list showing all that you worked on during that session.

A browser has a button also that shows you history of the use of the browser for the past 24 hours or 7 days or 30 days....users can erase that history if they choose.  I am unaware of any such possibility in Logos...to see our own history of what we have been doing, what resources were brought up, searches we did etc.  No record that I am aware of that exists for us to return to. Records that show what books were added to the library in the past two months. 

Do you see the difference?

Posts 27
grippit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 5:42 AM

alabama24, now I am.  Thanks.

Posts 1471
LogosEmployee

Mark:

I am unaware of any such possibility in Logos...to see our own history of what we have been doing, what resources were brought up, searches we did etc.  No record that I am aware of that exists for us to return to.

Try "History" in the Tools menu.

Posts 1507
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 8:03 AM

Thanks for that, Andrew.  Did not know about that.  So that is helpful to me.

I can link it to the menu bar which is also nice.  But it would be nicer if it could be a drop down, along with other drop downs.

But thanks for pointing this out

Posts 62
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 5:46 PM

Further on the theme of 'don't give us new features, make the program better to use'...

Frequently I look things up in topic guide and factbook and find no results, or very limited results, even though dictionaries in my library do have entries on exactly that topic. 

For example, yesterday I looked up the Council of Nicea. It returned 2 journal articles (great!) and nothing else.  It should have found at least some of the following: (but it didn't)

So 1 thing on my wishlist is that Factbook better helps me find the things I already have. As I said before, it doesn't sound as good in marketing language as '10,000 new features'... but when people find the software really helpful, they will tell their friends / peers... it will sell. 

Posts 1144
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 3 2017 11:04 PM

Andrew116:
Further on the theme of 'don't give us new features, make the program better to use'...

Also beware that existing excellent functionality will not accidentally become lost, since that may not boost sales,

see  https://community.logos.com/forums/p/148119/928192.aspx#928192 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 36
Rod Rogers | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 7:37 AM

I have been critical of Logos/Libronix more than I like but I do feel for you Mike. If Libronix is going to charge top dollar for their product, they should produce a top quality product. I do think it would be more productive if we asked will a little more grace and a little less salt. Believe me, I'm not casting stones, just woke up a little more mellow than usual this morning. While I agree with what you asked for I would, add being able to read your personal books wifi. How many times have we been out away from our pc and wanted to read one of our personal books. That and rehauling the search interface would do wonders for sales I believe.

Posts 159
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 10:27 PM

1-touch basic functionality:

Please at least make touch work so I can copy and paste from resources to my notes files.

When I select with stylus or finger I am not able to get the (copy) option to appear.

Non-touch related:

2-the popup menu for us note takers would be nice to have the "add to notes file" appear before all of the items which are requiring background work/searching to complete before they populate. My machine is fairly fast modern i7 ssd, etc. but there can be delays just waiting to get to the "add to notes" or "add to clippings" simply because those are some of the last items to populate on the pop up menu.

If they were listed first, then no need to wait for the other things to complete their background tasks bottle necking the population of the static items.

Dead languages are my mid-life crisis

Posts 159
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 2:02 AM

Weekly torah portions like a lectionary for Jews / Messianics I saw in the forums some time ago. 

Also for the weekly psalms reading (all the psalms are read weekly in Jewish custom).

That would be nice.

Posts 159
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 2:15 AM

In Hebrew language Old Testament the "1 verse per line" doesn't really do anything when you deselect it.

Other users told me it works in New Testament in Hebrew but not in Old Testament. When you deselect "1 verse per line" the font of the verse number changes size and nothing else happens. 

Here is a post with much discussion I made on this with pictures and such.

How to make Hebrew bible text wrap, *not* 1 verse per line?

since this works in other languages and other testaments for the same language, seems this is a usability BUG. 

Love Logos just would like to have this working when you can.

Thanks!

Posts 18
Phil Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 5 2017 5:42 AM

Desktop Version:

• Library hierarchy and filtering    (UserVoice)
  • MacBook Pro TouchBar support    (UserVoice)
  • Book-Chapter-Verse Quick-Select    (UserVoice)
  • Categories in the prioritization panel    (UserVoice)
Posts 437
John Duffy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 3:10 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it would be good to either fix the Find feature (Ctrl+F in Windows) in a resource tab, or remove it altogether. In the past I have noted on the forum that it does not work, and have been told that it is not designed to work properly on phrases (more than one word). But recently I have found repeatedly that it doesn't work using just a single word in the find box either - it skips many instances of the word being searched. I have to use a Search tab to do the most basic searches for a word. That isn't a problem, although it is more cumbersome. But the Find feature just isn't working properly and gives misleading results. Please fix it (ideally), or remove it. :)

Posts 1507
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 6:51 AM

John Duffy:
either fix the Find feature (Ctrl+F in Windows) in a resource tab, or remove it altogether

I thought it was working.  Perhaps it does not work well.  I dont know.  But it is a really important feature that should work and work well

Posts 1344
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 6:55 AM

Jeremiah:

touch basic functionality:

Please at least make touch work so I can copy and paste from resources to my notes files.

When I select with stylus or finger I am not able to get the (copy) option to appear.

Yes (I know I posted WAY earlier in the thread, but am liking this post so that readers who do not go back to beginning of the thread will see that several users want this feature).

Posts 16183
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 12:55 PM

Follow-up to a discussion in Faithlife group "Morris Proctors Seminars" => https://faithlife.com/mpseminars/activity 

Nathan:

IMPORTANT: When it comes to creating Logos books, almost everything worth reading is a PDF, requiring a conversion to Word. Unfortunately, PDF to Word conversion programs invert the Hebrew. This means the Logos user has to spend hours recreating the Hebrew in Word before uploading to Logos... or forgo adding any PDFs to Logos books. Can Logos help with this by either allowing for direct PDF to Logos book upload or creating a Logos PDF to Word app inside Logos that keeps the original languages intact?

There needs to be a Logos PDF to Word converter or Logos needs to have the ability to go straight from PDF to Logos Personal Books. Outside converters reverse the Hebrew making the book unusable inside Logos. Maybe the solution is not even a personal book but a Logos PDF reader that will allow attaching the PDF to Scripture. All the best sir! Idk, just trying to help. I know the issue is more complicated than that. God bless.

Faithlife already includes Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) in desktop applications. CEF has PDF viewer so idea of "attaching" pdf to verse(s) for viewing in Logos is intriguing.

FYI: discussion included a link from Nathan to a dissertation pdf at Marquette. Prince 9.0 (with cascading style sheets) was used to create pdf. Initial attempt to convert pdf using LibreOffice 5.4.2 Draw replicated Hebrew directional issue (left to right instead of right to left).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 700
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 7 2017 10:08 AM

Can FL provide a quick button / icon on Bibles, possibly next to the parallel resources icon, for the handy, but not well known, quick comparison feature. The feature is accessed by FUNC + F7 now (on Mac), but I can never remember that keyboard shortcut. A quick access button somewhere would be nice. 

Myke Harbuck, MREd, DMin, PhD Student
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Logos 6.10 SR-2; Portfolio(GK), Logos Now; Mac OS 10.11.13 El Capitan; Late 2014 iMac, 3.5MHz i5, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 700
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 7 2017 10:24 AM

Could FL provide a more robust set of options for assigning shortcuts to highlighting, and then provide better access to those shortcuts. 

Right now, 1-9 and A-Z are it. 

Perhaps permitting a OPTION +  or  SHIFT+CONTROL option with each of these. For example. I use B for blue. A OPTION+B could then be used for another "B" color, such as Brown. 

And the ability to change the Highlighting pane to a thinner (very thin) pane that just lists the assigned shortcut keys (and perhaps an assigned graphic / icon) for most recently used styles, like this:

or this

This would use very little landscape, but would allow quick access to our preferred highlighting styles. 

Myke Harbuck, MREd, DMin, PhD Student
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Logos 6.10 SR-2; Portfolio(GK), Logos Now; Mac OS 10.11.13 El Capitan; Late 2014 iMac, 3.5MHz i5, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Page 7 of 10 (187 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.