Logos 8 Wishlist

Page 8 of 10 (188 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next >
This post has 187 Replies | 22 Followers

Posts 702
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 7 2017 10:36 AM

Please permit Preferred Resource Sections, so one can easily tell what resources they have "preferred" for each section, and can also tell when they have no resources preferred for a particular resource type (IE: Dictionaries).  

Perhaps each section can be outlined (like below), with a flyover label of the preferred resource section when hovering over it. 

Or perhaps there can just be a bold section heading for each resource type, and users can just drag resources to the right section, like so:

PREFERRED BIBLES

Esv

KJV

COMMENTARIES

NIV Application Commentary

Courson's Applicaiton

DICTIONARIES

Strongs

Vines

CALENDAR DEVOTIONS

"None Assigned; Drag resources here to add them to this sections" (or the sections could just be blank)

Myke Harbuck, MREd, DMin, PhD Student
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Logos 6.10 SR-2; Portfolio(GK), Logos Now; Mac OS 10.11.13 El Capitan; Late 2014 iMac, 3.5MHz i5, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 144
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 8 2017 8:15 AM

Mobile App: Apple Watch

Just been fortunate enough to have an Apple Watch purchased for me.

Unfortunately there appears to be no Logos app available for it (it does have Olive Tree, You Version etc etc, but no Logos).

Hence a new wish would be to have an Apple Watch compatible app.

Thanks

Posts 24856
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 8 2017 9:49 AM

What would the app do? 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 2710
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 8 2017 10:23 AM

It would be good if the resources would be  arranged with denomination. This may make easier to choose which resources to purchase, by not taking to much time to go through to identify the resources. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 702
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 8 2017 12:06 PM

alabama24:

What would the app do? 

Perhaps a verse of the day notification? Im not aware of another app currently offering a verse of the day pushed to Watch OS. Perhaps there is, but Im not aware. 

Also, perhaps a reminder of overdue prayer lists and reading plans? 

Just thinking out loud. 

One thing for sure...Watch integration would be GREAT with Proclaim, for advancing to the next slide with a swipe. 

Myke Harbuck, MREd, DMin, PhD Student
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Logos 6.10 SR-2; Portfolio(GK), Logos Now; Mac OS 10.11.13 El Capitan; Late 2014 iMac, 3.5MHz i5, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 144
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 8 2017 12:50 PM

alabama24:

What would the app do? 

The possibilities are endless (Olive Tree and You Version have found lots and I'm sure Logos developers could think of more!)

Off the top of my head here's 10 for a start:

1. Read a passage of Scripture

2. Search for a text (simple CTRL-F offline type search not a full power search (yet!) - but perhaps fuzzy search)

3. Prayer List, update, reminders 

4. Dictate a note (using Siri)

5. Show reading plans related to bible (e.g. Psalm of the Day)

6. Scripture memorisation (a la Navigators Topical Memory System cards back in the day)

7. Greek/Hebrew word flash cards (like Logos Flashcard app)

8. Purchase resources / see Pre-pubs

9. Various pop-up reminders (prayer list, memorisation, custom)

10. Greek / hebrew word look-up

(Well, that's actually 9 since number 9 is really a repetition!)

Thanks for asking and helping me think it through a little more...now I definitely want it to happen!!

Posts 10
Theo Rios | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 9 2017 6:00 PM

To be able to have our "Personal Books" in the cloud. We would be able to have them in all our devices.

Posts 24856
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 9 2017 6:21 PM

Theo Rios:
To be able to have our "Personal Books" in the cloud. We would be able to have them in all our devices.

Due to the same reasons why they won't be coming to mobile, I would be surprised to see them in the cloud. You can, however, upload compiled files and sync to other desktop installations. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 16193
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 9 2017 7:50 PM

Hebrew & Aramaic audio similar to Greek NT Audio. Thread => (BHS)Hebrew audio for Genesis 1 chapter.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 10 2017 2:50 AM

David Thomas:
2 words - TOUCH SUPPORT
Yes, please! Yes

Posts 181
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 3:10 AM

One more request for a small improvement for Personal Books. It is very helpful that Bible references are recognized automatically and turned into links. The problem is that the compiler always assumes the standard verse mapping/Bible Datatype, which leads to problems if the book is based on a Bible with a different mapping (which frequently happens with German books, see this thread for an example where it lead to confusion: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/152204.aspx). 

The request would be to give us a way to define a default Bible datatype for the whole book, either in the settings for the book, before we compile it, or somewhere in the docx file. I know, we can already manually add the datatype to Bible references, but that can mean a lot of work, which is also hard to automate. Logos has already done that work by adding code to automatically recognize Bible references, which works quite well, even in some languages besides English. It would be really helpful if we were able to set a default Bible datatype for the book.

Posts 16193
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 7:56 AM

Wishlist item is a Library column with license acquisition date. Awesome would be link to Order History.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 922
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 9:47 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Wishlist item is a Library column with license acquisition date. Awesome would be link to Order History.

Keep Smiling Smile

Yes, please!  Smile

Posts 15
Edward Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 20 2017 12:10 PM

I have been using the handout feature for sometime.  I just found out Logos has made this feature obsolete. I would love if Logos would continue to develop this feature! I am not sure what other people use, but I find the handout feature handy for writing lesson guides for Bible study students. At a minimum, at least turn on the spell checker function and allow users to customize templates.  The margin are much too large and impractical, allow adding the author as an option, add footnote controls. In addition, sometimes after I add items fields, the program hangs up not properly displaying the new material correctly. It would be useful if several pages could easily be added to each document

Posts 8
Willie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 21 2017 11:35 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Your feedback doesn't need to be limited to the desktop app. Feel free to include web and mobile feedback as well.

Mobile App: Font Choices

For both Android and iOS apps, please allow users to select a font style of their choice from a set of available options. Please include Verdana as one of the options.  This has been requested in Uservoice and in multiple forum threads for a long time (see links below).

Uservoice links:

-     https://logosmobile.uservoice.com/forums/190765-logos-mobile-apps/suggestions/6838713-allow-users-to-select-a-font-style-of-thier-choice 

-     https://logosmobile.uservoice.com/forums/190765-logos-mobile-apps/suggestions/3647494-let-me-choose-a-the-font-on-ios  (although this suggestion states iOS, it reflects an android need as well)

Forums links:

-     https://community.logos.com/forums/t/49927.aspx?PageIndex=1 

-     https://community.logos.com/forums/t/51203.aspx 

-     https://community.logos.com/forums/p/58844/424907.aspx 

-     https://community.logos.com/forums/p/68457/515500.aspx 

-     https://community.logos.com/forums/t/136713.aspx 

Mobile App: Highlighting Notes

I routinely create several highlighting notes for each book of the Bible I study.  Each of these highlighting notes contains highlights saved from a specific custom pallet (e.g., Genesis - observations, Genesis - theological themes, Genesis - Hebrew poetry, etc.).  In the Logos desktop app, after I have marked up the text, I have the option of clicking on the visual filter button and selecting any one or combination of the highlighting notes I have created to customize which highlights are displayed.  For example, I may select only one highlighting note if I wish to limit my view to only a particular set of highlights.  If I wish to expand my displayed highlights, I can select any combination of highlighting notes.

The Android app does not appear to have this filtered view capability.  Although it allows a user to select a “preferred” highlighting note where all highlighting done in the Android app will be saved, it does not provide an option to filter which highlighting notes are displayed. 

Within the Android app, please provide an option for users to filter which highlighting notes are displayed.  This would allow users to select any one or combination of highlighting notes when they don’t wish to view every highlight that has been made within their preferred Bible.  It could also be used to hide all highlighting whenever that is desired.

Uservoice link:

-     https://logosmobile.uservoice.com/forums/190765-logos-mobile-apps/suggestions/31974748-provide-an-option-to-filter-which-highlighting-not 

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

If you've written up feedback in other threads, please link to them here so we can have everything in one place.

Mobile App (Beta Feedback)

I recently posted comments to the LogosNext V6 Feedback thread of the Mobile Reader Apps (Beta) forum which I am including here in order to group all my Mobile App related feedback in one place (see link).  https://community.logos.com/forums/t/148111.aspx?PageIndex=1  The linked thread provides context concerning my remarks below:

Beta feedback begins here:

I’m not a beta participant, but I’ve been following the LogosNext V6 Feedback thread with great interest and excitement.  Based on screen shots that have been posted and subsequent thread discussion, it appears the bottom toolbar in non-reading view mode contains a button which will immediately take a user to their preferred Bible.  This could be a very useful feature; however, the design used for the button is the high contrast blue Logos icon which is inconsistent with the other grey buttons on the toolbar, visually distracting, and confusing because the image implies something other than a Bible access function.        

Please change this button to a non-distracting grey book image which matches the other buttons along the
toolbar and better conveys a Bible access function.

Posts 1802
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 22 2017 3:09 AM

I would like to see default settings across all resources for things like "columns," "Show locator bar," and "Show footnotes on page."  For instance, I would much rather have all of my resources default to auto columns and then be able to turn that off for specific resources than to have to turn it on for almost all resources.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 714
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 22 2017 11:23 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Keep Smiling Smile

Yes, please!  Smile

Yes

Posts 4395
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 23 2017 10:18 PM

Since I seriously doubt any of the fabulous and indispensable Libronix features I desire will be in L8, for me it will likely all come down to whether there are desirable resources included in the new packages. Including this would help convince me to reopen my wallet...

https://www.logos.com/product/52554/tt-clark-old-testament-in-the-new-testament-collection

Actually, let's cut to the chase: including this in Collector's Edition will seal the deal, guaranteed...

https://www.logos.com/product/55641/the-bloomsbury-bundle

Of course, since the first collection inexplicably doesn't appear in the second one, it would have to be included as well. If this materializes...SOLD!

Posts 4395
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 23 2017 10:24 PM

Also, I would like a bit of preliminary warning about a launch date. I need to prepare for massive outlays.

Posts 16193
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 3:58 PM

Follow-up to thread => Accidentally Prioritized 3000 Books is idea of adding "Unprioritize These Resources" to Library Right Click, which could be like "Hide These Resources" so only appears with modified Right Click.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 8 of 10 (188 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.