Logos 8 Wishlist

Page 10 of 10 (187 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10
This post has 186 Replies | 22 Followers

Posts 165
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 4:52 AM

mike:

Searching in Logos sucks!!!!! Make searching SIMPLER. I don't need Bachelor degree in Logos-Searching just to use the search feature. Make a drop-down possibilities like doing highlight and morph @. Stop advancing the the academic stuffs if you don't know how to make it simple for users. USELESS for 99% of us.

YES, YES, YES!!!!

Posts 557
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 5:54 AM

Michael S.:

mike:

Searching in Logos sucks!!!!! Make searching SIMPLER. I don't need Bachelor degree in Logos-Searching just to use the search feature. Make a drop-down possibilities like doing highlight and morph @. Stop advancing the the academic stuffs if you don't know how to make it simple for users. USELESS for 99% of us.

YES, YES, YES!!!!

YesYesYes

Posts 37
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 5:58 AM

Michael S.:

mike:

YES, YES, YES!!!!

Searching in Logos is entirely lost on me.  I simply refuse to learn all the squiggles necessary.  I would have to make a cheat sheet and keep it updated; the thought of all this makes me sigh.

I want to learn from Logos, not about Logos.  You have us under the hood, with oily hands.

Build in simple elegant solutions.

I would volunteer to be a SIMPLICITY TESTER for this endeavor.  Set up a Simplicity Beta and let us test drive it.

I believe a kinder Logos would drive sales.  Right now its a cruel taskmaster.  Make it a foothill, not the Matterhorn, that I have to surmount to feel the warmth of the sun on my face.

Posts 1144
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 9 2017 8:19 AM

This morning there was a header: "Why Every Bible Reader Needs to Know About Biblical Typography" in my Logos home page. 

https://today.faithlife.com/2017/11/08/why-every-bible-reader-needs-to-know-about-biblical-typography/ 

I did not have time to watch the video but I assume the content is great.

Again it came into my mind that Logos should implement such a feature that the users could assign their own fonts to the resources (and perhaps backgrounds, too).

For interlinears, different fonts and possibly different colors and different sizes for different lines defined by the user.

As I understand, these are technically possible  and relatively easy to implement and could boost sales. Cool

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 37
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 14 2017 8:26 AM

Currently: Click on a foot note to read it, or to click on references.
                 While one corner of the footnote when opened points to the footnote number or letter...

[Wish List]: ...it would be convenient for the footnote number or letter (in this case the "q") to remain highlighted until other text is clicked on so as to not lose where you left off.

- Create and Enable "Use Download First."
- If an audio resource like ESV, or a video lesson has been downloaded to device, if device is not connected to the internet, or if user has selected "Use Download First," Logos would first look for the audio / video on the device.
This would allow the resource to be used 1) while off line / out of cell range 2) to minimize data usage and prevent over-charge for those on a cell plan rather than unlimited hard-wire connection.

Shalom Y'all

Posts 37
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 14 2017 8:39 AM

David Betts:

- Create and Enable "Use Download First."
- If an audio resource like ESV, or a video lesson has been downloaded to device, if device is not connected to the internet, or if user has selected "Use Download First," Logos would first look for the audio / video on the device.

Shalom Y'all

OTOH  -  If the resource is downloaded, if connected or not, Logos would first use the download to prevent multiple downloads and data usage.

Page 10 of 10 (187 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.