Logos 8 Wishlist

Page 12 of 25 (495 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last »
This post has 494 Replies | 31 Followers

Posts 754
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 6:16 PM

scooter:

Searching in Logos is entirely lost on me.  I simply refuse to learn all the squiggles necessary.  I would have to make a cheat sheet and keep it updated; the thought of all this makes me sigh.

I would volunteer to be a SIMPLICITY TESTER for this endeavor.  Set up a Simplicity Beta and let us test drive it.

Scooter, I appreciate the suggestion, and I agree that we'd like to make Logos search simpler.

Since you volunteered: can you look at our existing cheat sheet (what comes up when you click on the Search icon but haven't started a search yet: we call that the Search Cookbook) and give us feedback on how you would improve it? We've made it so you can click an example (the blue text), and then tailor as desired.

(more when you scroll down ...)

Posts 1367
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 7:15 PM

I'd like to be able to arrange my commentaries in the library by canonical order, with the option between Jewish, Protestant, and Catholic (with deutero-canonical books) order

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 603
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 9:16 PM

Sean,

I am much encouraged that, "Word-level alignment of the Gospels is on our internal wishlist as well." I am especally encouraged because once upon a time, was it back in Logos 4?, Burton's Harmony could be set to Greek. May recovery of this capability be fast fast-tracked!

Posts 1289
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 9:50 PM

Steve Maling:

Sean,

I am much encouraged that, "Word-level alignment of the Gospels is on our internal wishlist as well." I am especally encouraged because once upon a time, was it back in Logos 4?, Burton's Harmony could be set to Greek. May recovery of this capability be fast fast-tracked!

Hi Steve.

This capability is already present in the Parallel Gospel Reader interactive. Hover one column, and aligned terms in other columns are highlighted. You can switch the translation to whatever you'd like as well.

There is similar functionality in the New Testament Use of the Old Testament Interactive and the Synopsis of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles Interactive.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 603
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 2 2018 10:35 PM

Thank you, Rick,

Obviously I hadn't looked in the right placeSad Once again I am thankful to have learned of riches still undiscovered in Logos, in spite of time spent with training videos and Morris' print volumes. Obviously not enough time spent! Thanks again to you, to Sean, and to the unnumbered host of your colleagues of various specialties and supportive tasks.

Shalom, shalom

Posts 8
Roger Duke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 4 2018 3:26 PM

Hi, not sure this thread is still alive and kicking, but ...

Many great suggestions especially the scrolling popup!

My two cents ...

Add a master link - others have called it a master sync.

Reason being is Multiview is too limited if you're working with many resources - you don't want all the resources open but you do want quick access.  In my case I use dual large monitors and typically have about 30 resources tabbed.  I want everything synced to my bible verse and only update when the verse changes.  As it stands now, anytime I scroll in one of the commentaries or other resources ALL other windows scroll.  If I click on a commentary where that particular book is missing from the series (frequently happens) then all resources will jump to the wrong book (whatever was last active on that resource) and I have to go back to my bible resource to reset to the desired verse.

Of course, I want to scroll in the commentaries at will, but only need everything to sync when the bible verse changes.  

Posts 15
LogosEmployee
Jessica Parks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 5 2018 1:17 PM

David Betts:
- PLEASE Correct the Before and After:Biblical Sites that shows the Temple being built in place of the Dome of the Rock. The true location of the Temple was at the City of David, approximately ½ kilometer NEAR the Gihon Springs.  PLEASE do some honest research. This is WW3 material as shown!

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback. Our designs in the Before and After: Biblical Sites for Jerusalem are based off of the work of Dr. Daniel Warner and reflect the traditional view on the location of the Temple. 

Posts 64
Warren Dane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 8 2018 12:10 PM

With the set use ngen to yes entered in the command box Logos loads within 10 secs. I still find that Logos loads very slow (1 min+) after entering the command in the box if I start Logos some time later or the next day. Apparently the command works only if used immediately. Load time is as much as 1 minute of more. Can the "Set use Ngen to Yes" command be incorporated into Logos 8 so it works every time Logos is opened?

Posts 310
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 8 2018 10:23 PM
  • How about ability to add images to notes?
  • Also would like to be able to have more control over import / export features from notes (i.e. I want to search on highlight x, then move all those highlights to new custom note file blah.... which I'll share with my congregation).
  • ability to tell ios/android devices to index (even if takes massive storage) lexicons etc. so no need to be online to do morpho lookups or definition lookups

Dead languages are my mid-life crisis

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 9 2018 5:02 AM

Wish for 2 darker shades of grey that I can use as background to ease my eyes.

What FL calls grey, + I use now, is too light.

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 12:28 AM

The following uservoice suggestion (that I created nearly three years ago!) is still at the top of my wishlist.

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-7/suggestions/7592991-search-for-hebrew-vowel-points-cantillation-marks#comments 

I realize there have been small steps made since the creation of the suggestion, but I would really like to see it become full-fledged enough to support combining morph, nikkud, and te-amim searches. Also I want to see it using the UI of the morph search rather than the Syntax search.

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 12:44 AM

Here's another item on my wish list:

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-7/suggestions/4293374-allow-users-to-customize-shortcut-bar-icons 

I would really like to be able to add system and/or custom icons. Additionally (and perhaps more importantly), I would like to see the ability to add popover buttons (folders) into which I could drag my shortcuts. This would provide a lot more space on the shortcut bar since a person could have one popover for all books he/she is currently reading, one popover for all system preference shortcuts, etc, etc... 

This cannot be a programming difficulty unless I'm seriously mistaken. Please, please give us the ability to declutter!!

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 5:34 AM

I would like the ability to make the background darker.  FL calls the darkest available background ''grey.''  I call it light grey, almost a bit mauve. Its tooo light.

I would like to have 2 successively darker greys I can option to.  This way, I can sooth my avid eyes as I learn!

Posts 1
Lindsay, Jeffrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 5:53 AM

Need Apple pen support. This would help a great deal in note taking 

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:11 AM

scooter:

I would like the ability to make the background darker.  FL calls the darkest available background ''grey.''  I call it light grey, almost a bit mauve. Its tooo light.

I would like to have 2 successively darker greys I can option to.  This way, I can sooth my avid eyes as I learn!

You already requested that. In a wishlist, you only get 1 wish and no duplicates.

Plus, your sundown grey clashes with Logos gunbarrel grey. Logos would never agree to that. Maybe you were thinking midnight grey, or alternatively cement grey. As a workaround, closing your eyes also works, when Logos seems too bright, though granted, reduced functionality.

My humor is only due to the repeated request through the years. It's so easy, one has to assume an emotional stubbornness in Logosland.

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:19 AM

Jessica Parks:

David Betts:
- PLEASE Correct the Before and After:Biblical Sites that shows the Temple being built in place of the Dome of the Rock. The true location of the Temple was at the City of David, approximately ½ kilometer NEAR the Gihon Springs.  PLEASE do some honest research. This is WW3 material as shown!

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback. Our designs in the Before and After: Biblical Sites for Jerusalem are based off of the work of Dr. Daniel Warner and reflect the traditional view on the location of the Temple. 

Totally off-track, and I personally have never been to the House of YHWH from Solomon's days, but Jeremiah notes the palace was well below the temple. Moving off 'temple mount' forces the palace pretty far down the hill.  

Ok, back to the wish list.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 6:32 AM

Denise:
My humor is only due to the repeated request through the years. It's so easy, one has to assume an emotional stubbornness in Logosland.

Yeah, coz a free site allows one's darkness of choice, so I figured FL could so engineer.  WS is just as stubborn. 

[And I still cannot hi-lite a superscript in FL.]

FL does indeed have emotional arthritis.  But, closing my eyes makes FL go away!!  As an alternative to both FL + WS, I buy some kindle Christian material + read it over the black background.

Sundown gray is indeed its colour + insufficiently goth-dark.

Thanx 4 the laughs, Denise!

Posts 284
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 14 2018 9:03 AM

Everyone knows about the manuscript options on the Exegetical guide and how you can bring up and look at the actual Greek Manuscript online and also look at the transcription on the text as well. 

My thought (and this is not original, I got it from Accordance 12.2), is to bring in an internal browser into the software. So that when you click on one of the texts, it will open in a browser within the program and not open a separate browser outside of the software. And then what you can do in Accordance with the internal browser is to click on a Greek word in the original and then it puts a box around the same Greek word in the transcription for easier location of the Greek word you are studying. 

Hope this makes sense and I think that would be a good feature for those of us "Geeks" who like to study the Greek Manuscripts. 

Posts 232
Genghis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:27 AM

Just uploaded the source document for Hebrew Calendar Year 5778. 

Posts 650
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:09 AM

Make notes documents and clippings documents one thing.

This may have already been suggested but I think clipping documents and notes documents should be one thing to which you can add clippings and manually add free-standing notes. I know I can add notes to the bottom of a clipping, but sometimes I just want to add a note that has nothing to do with any of the clippings I may have added.

That would help me keep all my research in one place when I'm working on a paper, rather than having notes and highlights in one file and clippings in another.

Or if you could at least add an "add note" button to the clippings document screen that would be extremely helpful.

Page 12 of 25 (495 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS