Logos 8 Wishlist

Page 14 of 25 (495 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last »
This post has 494 Replies | 31 Followers

Posts 87
Rafe Andersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 6 2018 3:28 PM

Please make the process of making personal books easier. Or at least make videos on how to format them!!  Big Smile

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 7 2018 3:20 PM

I would really love to see better lectionary integration.  I have the weekly RCL passages on my home screen.  I would love to be able to click it and have my lectionary commentaries open to the correct passages, suggested liturgies, songs, etc.  This kind of integration would work well for so many of us, and make lectionary preaching so much easier!

Posts 4686
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 12:10 AM

I'm really with you here Nick.

Faithlife would do well to refocus on the less academic uses for the program.

I am constantly surprised by the blindness they have to the number of ministers on their books for whom the Lectionary is by necessity a major tool in their ministry and the lack of support provided.

While I raise the traditional 'Hear Hear' let me walk away muttering 'reading plans' mumble mumble, 'projects' mumble mumble....

Posts 18010
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 9 2018 5:29 AM

Follow-up to thread => BUGS/BAD DESIGN: Mark resource as read is observation that reset of Reading progress does not clear "wear" locations in resource. Hence dreaming of way to reset automatic bookmarks from previous reading.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1929
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 11 2018 7:19 AM
Nick:
I would really love to see better lectionary integration.  I have the weekly RCL passages on my home screen.  I would love to be able to click it and have my lectionary commentaries open to the correct passages, suggested liturgies, songs, etc.  This kind of integration would work well for so many of us, and make lectionary preaching so much easier!
I so agree. The materials are all there, so it just seems that some programming and workflow design (maybe some additional tagging) is all that is required to take lectionary reading to the next level. As Faithlife wants to have the community element, it would seem for some churches and groups this would be a natural springboard.
Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 11 2018 8:12 AM

Just two things on my wishlist:

1) Speed improvements: in both the indexing and navigation department.

2) Maps. Bringing Carta stuff in would be a plus. But at minimum, the atlas needs a revamp. Basic actions such as zooming in/out + dragging map around can be quite slow.

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 11 2018 9:17 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:
As Faithlife wants to have the community element, it would seem for some churches and groups this would be a natural springboard.

Definitely!  RCL preachers constantly compare notes and ideas.  I'm in a RCL email list and two Facebook groups.  

Posts 1962
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 12 2018 7:09 AM

Interactive media under tools lists 10 of the interactive media and if you want to see more, you need to click all interactive media which then brings up a window.  I would like to see all interactive media in the drop down menu.  I would like to see also the ability for users to create drop down menus

Posts 3265
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 23 2018 8:05 AM

Please address long-standing bugs like this, that go back over four years.

Bible Word Study is one of the gems of Logos. It should receive enough attention to ensure that its translation wheels show the same information, regardless of operating system.

Thank you!

Posts 1501
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 23 2018 9:12 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

What's on your Logos 8 wishlist? 

Send-to-Kindle.

Do whatever you need to do to fix the "technical, legal, and permission issues" you had in 2016!

We need an easy way to read our Logos books on an e-ink device!

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2018 5:28 PM

The ability to show your calendar devotional in the left sidebar of the homepage. If this is too radical, then the ability to show only ONE calendar devotional (ONE only!) in the content section of the homepage (I don't know about other people but I only use one devotional at a time, not five!).

Posts 557
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2018 6:04 PM

Josh:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

What's on your Logos 8 wishlist? 

Send-to-Kindle.

Do whatever you need to do to fix the "technical, legal, and permission issues" you had in 2016!

We need an easy way to read our Logos books on an e-ink device!

Yes! 

Posts 343
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 25 2018 10:30 AM

I would like to be able to Preserve the Active Resource's DataType between Layouts.

What I’m thinking of is straight forward but kind of difficult to explain:

1. A Layout consists of several Resources.
  2. Each Resource can accept a DataType to navigate it.
  3. If I’m in another Layout, and right-click on an open Resource’s Tab it must then list all Layouts that can accept this Resource’s DataType
  4. When I click on the Layout it should send this DataType to the first appropriate Resource in that Layout for navigation
  5. The Result is streamlined Layouts were I can navigate between them without loosing my intended position. This will enable the user for instance to create Layouts that Represent steps in a Bible Study Method or Sermon Preparation cycle and to navigate between them without getting lost.
  6. This could be optimized by storing the Layouts in History for easy backward and forward navigation
Posts 78
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2018 3:26 AM

And a Mobile Ed course maybe a season (Advent, Epiphany, Lent) that spans the three years of readings, with generous helpings of "how to" videos interspersed with the lectures.

Along with an apologeia of why reading the Bible using the lectionary is not "just another Bible reading plan" but shows connections in texts and promotes the Church seeing the year not through Hallmark time but Christian time.

Rober Webber has passed away, he would have been the perfect lecturer, but Thomas Oden or James Hart would be great as well.

Posts 52
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2018 8:30 AM

1) Allow user to change tray icon and start up splash screen. [e.g. change to a menorah (aka KJV "candlestick" SEE He 9:2) which agrees with Re 1:12. Others, such as Pentecostals, Charismatics, etc. may prefer a dove symbol. While Paul preached the cross, other aspects are equally valid to many.

For Hebrews believers and others, He is seen standing amongst menorahs ("lamp-stands") indicating Victory, rather than a Pre-Resurrection/Ascension/Enthronement/Outpouring death instrument.

2) Rt-click on tray icon to display a few recent layouts, similar to many programs/apps displaying recently opened files.

3) In iOS when it prompts for password after reading for a while, allow to proceed reading if password is not then available. Password is needed to sign in to update highlights etc. User may not be online, or password may be available when user returns home or has access to password in a different location - I don't have all passwords on device. Currently, requiring password when not available shuts down Logos.

Respectfully .. One GungHo Logos User!!  -  Jude 3, 4

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2018 10:15 AM

David Betts:
In iOS when it prompts for password after reading for a while

If you are being asked for the password, something is wrong. That isn't a normal behavior of the app (it has never happened to me). If you changed your password with FL, then I would expect a request for the password to occur. Is that what happened? If not (and if you continue to have issues) please create a new thread in the mobile forum to help troubleshoot. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10319
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2018 10:41 AM

JT (alabama24):

David Betts:
In iOS when it prompts for password after reading for a while

If you are being asked for the password, something is wrong. 

I wonder if that's ios? When I don't touch base with apple for a while, they ding me on any app using the net. I usually ignore them for a while.

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 26 2018 11:27 AM

Denise:
When I don't touch base with apple for a while, they ding me on any app using the net.

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean. I do know, however, that when some apps get updated it requires you to log back in. The credentials, for whatever reason, aren't "sticky." I have not found that to be true with the FL mobile apps. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 314
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 27 2018 10:35 AM

I would really like to see the various Hebrew language OT bibles have wrap ability instead of only 1 verse per line capability. 

This works for other languages, and it also works for the Hebrew New Testament (a user reported in the forums). For those of us who spend a lot of time in the Hebrew it sure would be nice to have that option for more text and not all the white space.

thanks,

-Jeremiah

Dead languages are my mid-life crisis

Posts 5
James Haak | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2018 3:12 AM

Hi, I love Logos, but it's speed still frustrates me.I would love to see some work done on optimizing code and making things a little snappier. With a large collection of books, some searches take an inordinate amount of time.

Page 14 of 25 (495 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS