Logos 8 Wishlist

Page 22 of 25 (495 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last »
This post has 494 Replies | 31 Followers

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 27 2018 2:49 PM

Hi Mark

I haven’t used Bibleworks for a long time so don’t understand the details of what it provides. But it sounds as though the Text Comparison Tool might do what you want. Have you looked at that at all in this context?

Graham

Posts 4
Rosemary Pritchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 27 2018 2:56 PM

Angel

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 27 2018 4:07 PM

Yes, I have looked at it. I had Bible Works before Logos and there are a few things I continue to use Bible Works for that I consider it better than Logos. At some point my use of Bible Works will be discontinued and it would be good to have the best Bible Works features in Logos.

Posts 769
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2018 3:42 AM

In the desktop app, please add a button to collapse the table of contents. This would make navigation between books of the Bible much faster when switching layouts.

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2018 3:48 AM

Jack Hairston:
In the desktop app, please add a button to collapse the table of contents.

Do you know you can toggle the ToC with Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-C?

Posts 769
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2018 4:32 AM

That command hides the table of contents.

I would like to be able to collapse the expanded table of contents, so that I see only the names of the Bible books. Sorry for not making that clear.

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2018 4:34 AM

Jack Hairston:
I would like to be able to collapse the expanded table of contents, so that I see only the names of the Bible books.

Thanks for the clarification.

Posts 288
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 5:12 PM

I  would like to have any tool/ icons which must have Web access to work  

to be identified differently from the off line stuff.  

fix the speed problem. 

off line atlas tool using maps from library. 

some way of selecting a small limited of resources which the software 

would only use when you activate a icon to switch  the software down to 

faster lighter version. 

thanks

Mick
Posts 7
Mike Grove | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 2 2018 12:56 PM

More note indicator symbols/shapes. There are currently seven. More would be great!

Posts 1810
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 11:22 AM

Mike Grove:

More note indicator symbols/shapes. There are currently seven. More would be great!

Agreed. What shapes would you like to see?

Some ideas:

• Box with +
  • Box with -
  • Square
  • Diamond
  • Pentagon
  • Hexagon
  • Heptagon
  • Octagon
  • Four-pointed star
  • Six-pointed star
  • Round speech bubble
  • Cloud speech bubble
  • Paperclip
  • Hyperlink
  • External link
  • Cross reference
  • Dagger
  • Double dagger

What else?

Posts 769
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 12:09 PM

Yes

Posts 26245
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 1:50 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Agreed. What shapes would you like to see?

Some ideas:

• Box with +
  • Box with -
  • Square
  • Diamond
  • Pentagon
  • Hexagon
  • Heptagon
  • Octagon
  • Four-pointed star
  • Six-pointed star
  • Round speech bubble
  • Cloud speech bubble
  • Paperclip
  • Hyperlink
  • External link
  • Cross reference
  • Dagger
  • Double dagger

What else?

I would like to see all the icons that Logos uses to identify elements e.g. the image at the start of each line in the context menu's right side, the document menu, etc. That way, although there are a number of attachment points I'd like but can't have (databases rather than resources) I could still see the range to which my note applies.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 86
William Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 8 2018 9:56 AM

Agreed. That feature would be great so that resources that are dynamic in nature (i.e. daily reading list/devotional) could stay current if desired or remain at last completed location depending on option for startup.  This would be more of a feature that would be part of opening the resource or reading plan though rather than something tied to the layout in my mind.

Posts 86
William Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 8 2018 9:58 AM

Sorry lost the quote for @Kiyah's post:

Add the ability to set Logos to load a QuickStart layout at start-up. Right now you can only load a saved layout. I would like to open my Logos to the Lectionary Reading layout for today's reading. If I save the Lectionary Reading layout as a saved layout, it will open to the day of when I saved it.

Posts 86

A new feature I would like to see is making use of the Windows Desktop MRU List on the Logos startup shortcut to select recently used Saved Layouts. The image below shows how Microsoft Visual Studio makes use of the MRU feature to allow selection of the most recently used solutions so we can pick a solution to start with instead of having to first start Visual Studio and then select the solution to work on.

For Logos layouts this would add a more fluid approach to starting Logos with a Saved Layout instead of having to statically set it in the Program Settings option: "At Startup Open to" setting. "At Startup Open to" is nice but if I have multiple layouts I'm working with it would be even nicer to be able to dynamically select them from an MRU list so that I start with the Layout I want to work with in only two button clicks (right click to bring up the MRU list and left click to select Layout).

I'm not sure if the Mac allows for MRU's but it would be useful there as well if available.

Posts 225
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 9:34 AM

I would really like to see the Linked Set 'Follow' option, currently available for Explorer and Power Lookup, available as an option in main resource windows. This would allow one to jump around through a commentary, change commentary etc, all without it changing the position in the current bible, losing the current passage being studied.

Whilst the Multiple Resources does sort of enable this, it is limited in that you cannot access the Table of Contents, and other userful features, for the multiple resource.

Thanks

Posts 206
David McAllan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 17 2018 8:02 PM

The biggest improve I'd like to see is the end of the indexing. It is an absolute bugbear and I have a 7 core processor.

I can see 2 options being presented to the user of Logos 8:

1. By default, Logos operates as Logos 3 where the search just searched books or collections and displayed results. It was not that slow.

2. Logos allows users to download a separate index file effectively giving 2 files for each book. Logos will have this separate file indexed and the indexer will search these files and display results. This is how it was with Logos 2. It would require more local hard drive storage, but with abundant storage in today's computers, this should not be a problem.

Logos is great, but indexing takes the shine away. That's my 2 cents worth. Thanks.

David
https://www.echucacommunitychurch.com

Specs: HP Pavilion dv6-6137tx ; i7 2 GHz; 8 gb RAM; 2 gb Graphics; 750 Gb HD; Win 10; Bitdefender Antivirus.

Posts 26245
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 17 2018 8:26 PM

David McAllan:
Logos is great, but indexing takes the shine away.

Isn't the indexing also essential to the links within and between resources? the working of tools and guides?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2
Helen R. PlanCHAK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2018 2:34 AM

I agree with two of the other suggestions- improved search and easier to setup reading plans.

But in addition I have something that would make my life easier with the way I use the application.  I would like to be able to preserve all of the highlighting when I copy and paste into other documents. It is too much effort on a regular basis to use the Visual Copy editor.  I highlight as I read and study and would like to share it.  The only way I can do that is to take screenshots.

Thank you.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 20 2018 12:08 AM

David McAllan:
The biggest improve I'd like to see is the end of the indexing. It is an absolute bugbear and I have a 7 core processor.

Since I occasionally complain about Logos & FL (just did in another post), I feel the need to be positive when I can be. Since L4 came out, I've never had the kinds of problems with indexing that I see so many people complaining about. Yes, at times in the past, it has turned my processing to sludge, but if I was doing something else, I could just pause it until I was done and I was no worse for wear. With my new system (quad core i7 w/16g), I barely even know I'm indexing.

Of course, not all is roses. I thought when I loaded L3 on this newer system, it would fly a rocket. Instead, it is like cold molasses--the pop-ups take forever (5-10 seconds), when they were essentially instantaneous on my older system. I don't complain too much, though. Technically, I don't think it's even supposed to work at all.

Page 22 of 25 (495 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS