The application "Logos Bible Software 7" can't be opened after crash during in-place application update

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 32
Matt Jarka | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 20 2017 8:02 AM
I'm running Logos 7.9.0.21 on macOS Sierra. When I opened it this morning there 4 notifications for adding a resource, updating resources, installing app update, indexing. While the update was loading, Logos crashed. Now it won't start at all. It would appear the app has been corrupted. What can I do to restore the app to a working state? Thank you.
Posts 21939
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 8:37 AM

Please enable diagnostic logging and post logs in a reply to this thread after a crash - see https://www.logos.com/support/mac/report-problem for details.

Posts 32
Matt Jarka | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 7:14 AM

Thanks Graham.  I've attached the logs.

1581.LogosLogs.mattjarka.20170921-071150.zip

Posts 21939
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 7:30 AM

According to the error log file you are missing a required DLL file

Error ID: 6037
Error detail: DllNotFoundException: libLibronix.DigitalLibrary.Logos.dylib

System.DllNotFoundException: libLibronix.DigitalLibrary.Logos.dylib

This is typically in Applications/Logos.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libLibronix.DigitalLibrary.Logos.dylib 

If this were Windows I would recommend repairing the installation but I don't know the equivalent on Mac.

You could try reinstalling the app from the download link at https://www.logos.com/install or hopefully a more Mac-knowledgeable person will comment.

Also the Logos.log file - which might have more information - is very old. Is there a more recent one?

Posts 32
Matt Jarka | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 7:35 AM

Thanks Graham; I appreciate it.  I figured the app was corrupted after the crash during the background app install.  The log files are generated automatically by the utility, so I'll assume there isn't a new version.  Ive contemplated attempting a reinstall over the top.  Hopefully I won't have to setup Logos 7 settings and layouts from scratch.

Posts 32
Matt Jarka | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 7:49 AM

I am impressed! I renamed the corrupted version of "Logos Bible Software 7" in the "Applications" folder to keep intact as an archive, downloaded the latest Logos 7.9 dmg install file, installed Logos, started the app, signed in, and voila, everything was exactly as I left it.  This process could not have been more flawless.  

Does anyone know how this appreciation can be shared with the Logos Software Development Team?  

Posts 21939
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 8:11 AM

Matt Jarka:
I am impressed! I renamed the corrupted version of "Logos Bible Software 7" in the "Applications" folder to keep intact as an archive, downloaded the latest Logos 7.9 dmg install file, installed Logos, started the app, signed in, and voila, everything was exactly as I left it.  This process could not have been more flawless.  

Glad to hear you have it working again

Matt Jarka:
Does anyone know how this appreciation can be shared with the Logos Software Development Team?  

Hopefully someone from the team will see this threadSmile

Posts 2641
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 8:45 AM

Matt Jarka:

Hi Matt,

I'm sorry you had problems, but I'm glad you were able to get up and running. I will pass your words onto the rest of the Desktop Team.

Posts 32
Matt Jarka | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 8:54 AM

While some level of software problems are inevitable with any product (just like like death and taxes), its the recovery from those problems that can separate one product from another.  Thanks for passing along my appreciation to the Desktop Team.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS