Can we expect a Spanish version to be added

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 28 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 141
Victor Ulloa M. | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 3 2010 5:18 AM

Hi!

We're hoping to include RefTagger to our sites, but our targeted audience is basically spanish (we're in Latin America).

Will RefTagger include some spanish versions in the future?

Thanks!

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 9:29 AM

Possibly in the future, but not any time soon.

Posts 1
Daniel Gutierrez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 3:56 PM

Hello!

Is there any chance that the "future" is nearer? ;) I've been waiting for the spanish version (any of them, RV60, NVI,...) to  be available so we can use it on several blogs that are spreading the Word of God...

Thanks in Advance!

Posts 80
Jonathan Haley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 28 2010 1:31 PM

I'd also love to see Spanish support. Where the market is smaller, the service is bigger! Wink

Posts 6151
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:38 PM

Yes, please! Spanish version.  I tried to change the code to show LBLA instead of ESV, but when I did that, it didn't work.  It just said that the link could not be found.  I thought it would be as simple as changing your Bible version, but I guess it isn't that way.  So please, make the Spanish version available.  I  have it on my english website and blog, but can't use it on my Spanish and trust me that would greatly benefit our readers.

Another thing, PLEASE work with Wordpress.com to make the RefTagger available.  Wordpress.com is a great free tool to spread the Word and having RefTagger there would help so much.  Anyway, thanks!

Posts 1761
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:41 AM

I knon this is late, but I got it to work on my Google Blug, using the LBLA

http://hombrereformado.blogspot.com/

There are several spanish bible avaible to choose from.

Tom

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 2
Jerry Love | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 27 2011 4:38 PM

Would you accept help in modifying the referencetagging.js code to make it work in Spanish versions?

Posts 2
Jerry Love | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 27 2011 4:45 PM

Please, Dr. Rach, can you share your method with us?  

Posts 3
Daniel Gutierrez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 10:47 AM

Is Feb 2011 the future? ;) plz help us with a spanish version 

Posts 3
Daniel Gutierrez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 3:15 PM

watching the source code of Lutero's webpage, I added this code to my footer.php in my wordpress blog:

<script src="http://bible.logos.com/jsapi/referencetagging.js" type="text/javascript"></script> 

<script type="text/javascript"> 

Logos.ReferenceTagging.lbsBibleVersion = "rva";

Logos.ReferenceTagging.lbsLogosLinkIcon = "dark";

Logos.ReferenceTagging.lbsNoSearchTagNames = [ "h2", "h3", "h3" ];

Logos.ReferenceTagging.lbsTargetSite = "biblia";

Logos.ReferenceTagging.tag();

</script> 

and voilá... rva is for reina valera actualizada, other possible values are lbla95, nblh, and bb-ubs-bls

Posts 141
Victor Ulloa M. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 4:06 PM

Thank you very much, Daniel.  After months of my original post, I just abandoned any hope... until today!

I'm testing your suggestion right now including this PHP code in my site.  Thank you again!

Posts 141
Victor Ulloa M. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 27 2011 5:54 PM

Daniel, I have tested your code succesfully.

This is great, but what I'm looking for is for refTagger to recognize the SPANISH Bible book names (now, I can enter "John 3:16" in my site, but I can't enter "Juan 3:16").

I checked the javascript code in referencetagging.js, and I think the only thing needed is to change the Regular Expression checking for the book names.

Can we hear from Logos about this, please?

Thank you very much.

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 28 2011 8:44 AM

Sorry, but we still do not have plans for this.

Posts 1
Luis Daniel ER | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 8:47 PM

Thanks, is working for me too. That's what LOGOS should do. put the code, and tell us or the world to leave the verse in english, but it will display in whatever version you put. As simple as that.

check our site.... htttp://idCSanFernando.weebly.com 

Greetings from the Iglesia de Cristo of San Fernando.

God Bless you all.

And thank to LOGOS too for all their great resources.

Posts 1761
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 9:16 PM

Jerry, sorry I did not answer your post, totally missed it.  Got busy in other things, hope you are up an running.

Tom

Posts 1761
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 9:26 PM

Daniel, thanks for letting everybody know how to set up there blog with the ref tagger.  Sorry I didn´t respond sooner, had a few other things on my mind.  Thanks agian for looking at the code on my site.  I did just as you did, I tried severy versions (LBLA) was better then nothing, We still need someone to set it up to be able to select between the spanish versions.  I think the the Traducion de Linguje Actual also worked.  I just chose the LBLA for something modern.  Thanks again for helping out the others,  Tom

Posts 1761
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 9:37 PM

Luiz, I see that you did the same as I did on my blog site. Had to change all of the Spanish Book Names to English.  I decided that people visiting my cite would be a litle bi lingual after talking to my pastor down here in Chiapas.  I had retagger running on my old web site untill logos changed there web address for their reftagger,  I dropped that site and kept my Google Site, with links to my blog page if people want to check the bible references. Glad you site is working out for you.  Tom

Posts 1761
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 9:46 PM

Victor, before I forget to respond again,  You can use short bible referenes.  In stead of John 3:16, just put jn 3:16,  it works good for mark, mk,  luke lk, etc.  Not everything is easy, for example Rev 1.1.  But as you read in an earlier post, this is NOT not going to be corrected in the near future.

La Revelación de Jesucristo a Juan: Apocalipsis you still have to use 

Sorry I did not get back to checking posts, I was detained (like Gandal).

Your Brother en Crist, Tomas

Posts 1761
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 9:52 PM

Jerry, I have to ask your forgiveness for not responding,  had many things keeping me from getting back to this Post. My fault for not checking,   I would like to see Ref tagger set up to at least be able to select between the different spanish versions that aviable.  Any ideas on how to do it, I am will for my blog page to be used as a quine pig.  Let me know if we can help others in this way.  Tom

Posts 141
Victor Ulloa M. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 3:07 AM

Hello everyone:

I'm the original poster of this thread, and I saw it take two different paths in the past:

One is about Spanish Bible Versions.  The other is about Spanish book names for the tags.

1.About Spanish Bible Versions:

I tested changing the original script, generated by the RefTagger site, as Daniel Gutierrez suggested in a previous post, and it works for RVA, and Gabriel told us that also lbla95, nblh, and bb-ubs-bls works (I didn't test them yet).

2. About Spanish book names for the tags.

At a later post, Mr Bryan Smith told us that Logos has no plans to change the javascript code to recognize spanish book names.

I downloaded and analyzed the javascript code (referencetagging.js) and I have a humble suggestion for Logos.

If Logos publish the official code for this file only, maybe we can mantain a localized version (something like referencetagging-es.js, an identical file but where the regular expressions used to identify the book names have been adjusted to spanish names).

Also this can provide a useful mechanism for any other language: referencetagging-it.js, referencetagging-fr.js, and so on.

Then, the "authorized" translations can be published by Logos at their own site and we can choose not only Bible versions, but also our cite's languages by simply appending the language code to the javascript file name in the script: -es, -it, -fr, and so on.

I hope to hear from Logos about this...

Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS