Is it possible to search for images in L4?

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6587
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 3:56 AM

Dave Hooton:

But you can do it in 4.0b with title:jesus in a collection of media files (type:media) and maps (type:map)

Dave: How do you create that collection that you just mentioned?

Thanks 

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 18867
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 4:36 AM

Lynden Williams:

Dave Hooton:

But you can do it in 4.0b with title:jesus in a collection of media files (type:media) and maps (type:map)

Dave: How do you create that collection that you just mentioned?

Thanks 

Two ways of setting up the collection rule for that. Either of these will work (they are synonymous):

type:media OR type:map

type:(media, map)

Posts 6587
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 4:56 AM

Thanks Rosie. That worked. The syntax "#image@jesus" still gives too many false hits. I am seeing geographical maps when searching the entire library, and getting 90 hits. When I search the collection created using the "title" field I get 41 results along with several maps from the "Logos Deluxe Map Set". The description field seems to yield the best results. Still some false hits "Mount of the precipitation" from Images of the Holy Land , but the maps have pretty much disappeared.

Posts 6587
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:05 AM

The syntax "#image@jesus" performed on the entire library, misses many books, in particular "The Bible and its Story". Restrict it to the collections using the description field, and it picks them up. 

The first syntax will search dictionaries and find images, so you may need to use both.

Posts 18867
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:21 AM

Lynden Williams:

Thanks Rosie. That worked. The syntax "#image@jesus" still gives too many false hits. I am seeing geographical maps when searching the entire library, and getting 90 hits. When I search the collection created using the "title" field I get 41 results along with several maps from the "Logos Deluxe Map Set". The description field seems to yield the best results. Still some false hits "Mount of the precipitation" from Images of the Holy Land , but the maps have pretty much disappeared.

I don't think Dave was suggesting you search for that "#image@jesus" syntax in a collection creating using the "title field. He was suggesting that you search in a collection of maps and media (the one I showed you how to create; well it sounds like you don't want to include maps in it, only media) for title:jesus

When I do that, the results include only maps and images and hymns that have Jesus in their title.

Posts 6587
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:54 AM

Thanks Rosie.

Posts 25671
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 7:04 PM

Rosie Perera:
He was suggesting that you search in a collection of maps and media (the one I showed you how to create; well it sounds like you don't want to include maps in it, only media) for title:jesus

That was what I was suggesting. Just to add to the mystique of the #image 'operator'  I found that

description:jesus OR title:jesus

seems to provide the same images in that collection as

(#image ANDEQUALS jesus) OR title:jesus

even though the number of hits is different.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 7:15 PM

Dave Hooton:
(#image ANDEQUALS jesus)

thanks Dave !

that has greatly improve my image searches for my grandkids Bible study preparation.

thanks all you other folks ! Your input has been enlightening too.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:19 AM

Robert:

In your example How did you come up with the collection Maps and Images?

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 11:23 AM

Sorry.  I did look at page 2 of the post.  I have my answer. 

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS