A16a Bug or Missing Feature in Search

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33
tom baldwin | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 5 2010 9:53 AM

I think I've found either a bug or a missing feature in the Search facility. Allow me a brief explanation:

When I select Search Magnifying Glass Icon from the top left of the Logos main page, I enter a word, such as "required" and select Enter to see the results. The Search window has at the top four selections; grid, verses, aligned, analysis.

When I choose Grid, the Search window DOES NOT DISPLAY all of the occurrences of the word "required". For this particular word, the Search window only displays occurrences from Gen 9:5 to Psalms 137:3. I did scroll all the way down to see if there were more occurrences.

When I select Verses, then the Search window DOES DISPLAY all occurrences of the word "required".

There is either a limit for Grid Search or is DOES NOT DISPLAY all occurrences of that word.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Sincerely

Tom Baldwin

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 12:25 PM

Tom:

First I'd like more details on your search parameters. Are you search "All Passages"  in "All Bibles, or perhaps something else? A screen-shot in this instance would be helpful. http://docs.google.com/View?id=dg83s9kb_177fqxckcdj  I may also need log files (instructions for how to get those are in my signature at the bottom of this post). Thank you.

Posts 33
tom baldwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 3:24 PM

Tommy,

Here are two screen shots, let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,

Tom

Picture of upper part of Search

Picture of bottom of Search

Posts 33
tom baldwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 3:30 PM

Tommy,

I tried the same search with A17 and came up with the very same results.

Tom

Posts 10517
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 4:16 AM

tombaldwin:
tried the same search with A17 and came up with the very same results.

I tried this same search, and my displayed results were even more restricted, ending in 1 Samuel.

10311.Archive.zip

Posts 4621
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 4:36 AM

Grid view for me stops in Ezra

Verses and Aligned shows various endings of the list but get up to at least Revelation in one of my top bibles.

Analysis says 409 results in 391 verses in 5 resources but shows nothing.  :-)

I vote for a bug!

Tootle pip

Mike

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:31 AM

Allright all:

Question. All your caps do not, or at least do not seem to  include the entire Logos4 windows. I noticed something similar when I did the same search you all are doing within A17. The list only goes to Deuteronomy 11:1 but there are  scriptural "starting points" at the bottom of the window. It looks like the list is truncated at a certain point and one has to click the next "chunk" as it were. So if one clicks on "Dt 13:18" it will reload the list but go from Deuteronomy 13:18 to  Nehemiah 5:16. Do any or all of you see the bottom section which I have?

Posts 4621
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:41 AM

Well spotted - star prize.

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:46 AM

Mike:

Glad that was the solution. Everyone else see it?

Posts 33
tom baldwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 3:46 PM

Tommy,

Thanks much for the clarification, which I couldn't figure out.

Tom

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 12:06 PM

Tom:

You're welcome. I only offhandedly saw them myself. I tried clicking on them by happenstance.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS