A-16a crash after starting

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 161
Michael Hatcher | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 5 2010 11:19 AM

After opening up the alpha, it locks up without my doing anything. It is loading directly to a workspace and bypassing the home page. Everything seems to load and show up, but then it locks up and I have to force quit (it continues to run at about 100% of the cpu according to activity monitor).

6646.Archive.zip

Michael Hatcher

visit: www.bellviewcoc.com

iMac 2.8 GHz i7 quad core, 8 GB Ram, 1 TB HD

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 11:42 AM

Michael:

Is the layout you are opening fairly complicated (in terms of the amount of items that open)? I'd like to see if we can open without that layout, and even see if we can open the layout after we have Logos4 opened (provided we are able to open it). 

Could you go to Users/UserFolder/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/Unique.xxx/LayoutManager and pull out the layouts.db file to your desktop (when we are able to ensure Logos4 can open we will return it). Then try to open Logos4 again. If it opens it will open to a blank layout. Click the HomePage button and then alter the HomePage settings to open to HomePage upon next restart. Then close Logos4 again and replace the layouts.db file (another one will be there, you can either delete it or just hit the replace button when it asks what you want to do with the original layouts.db file). Reopen Logos4, it should go to the HomePage.

Then try to open the layout that Logos4 was opening to. If it works fine--awesome--I'll file the bug and then report what the fix was, if it does not load I would try deleting that particular layout (in the list there is an 'x' in the top right-hand corner next to each preview tile in the layout pane). and try to recreate it. I would also like logs of any further failed Logos4 loads, or layout loads. Thank you.

Posts 161
Michael Hatcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 12:19 PM

Tommy,

The layout is fairly complicated (probably not just fairly, probably very complicated, <g>). It was first created in the windows side and is still there (I named it "General setup). After following your instructions, I am able to open the program to the home page. I then tried to reload that named layout (General setup) and it crashed again. I forced quit then restarted again to the home page and starts and works fine. I then loaded another named layout ("Ezra") and it seems to work fine, so I tried to load this one again (General setup) and it crashed. I reopened the program (again to the home page) and again loaded the layout "Ezra" and while I was typing on this it crashed again, so force quit again. To make sure, I reopened the program (again to home page) and loaded the layout "Ezra" and changed Bibles a couple of times, then as it was still loading (seemed to be crashing when it is trying to load "my content"), it crashed again. (I believe all the named layouts were created on the Windows side---running Parallels---and they work fine on the Windows side.)

Here is the latest log (from the crash using the "Ezra" layout).

7701.Archive.zip

Michael Hatcher

Posts 161
Michael Hatcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 12:32 PM

Tommy,

This time I opened the program to the home page, did not load any layout but typed in Mat. 28:19 in the go bar. It opened up the passage and I was able to navigate to a couple of Bibles. Thought it was going to work fine as it seemed everything had loaded, but then crashed. Here is the log of it.

5383.Archive.zip

Michael Hatcher

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 12:33 PM

Michael:

Ok, thanks. I'll post a bug about this. Meanwhile, on your Mac you might want to create a similar set of Layouts but name them Mac that way you know for now which ones to use on which platform. Id like to see if you still had issues with large layouts of if it is just these ones that have synced from the Windows version of Logos4.

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 12:44 PM

Michael:

I hadn't seen this post when I responded to the longer one. Could you provide a screenshot to your HomePage Search so I can see what you have open? I'd like to ape your actions in this.

Posts 161
Michael Hatcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 2:13 PM

Tommy,

Here is the screen shot of when I type in Mat. 28:19 into the go bar from the home page.

Michael Hatcher

Posts 161
Michael Hatcher | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 2:17 PM

Tommy,

I am also including a screen shot of my "General setup" layout, which seems to be working now. However, I am going to update to Alpha 17 now and see what happens.

Michael Hatcher

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 9:05 AM

Mike: 

Is this still a problem?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS