Logos Service

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1692
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 4:16 PM

Pat Flanakin:
Terry, I understand your experience and frankly am not surprised.  Many organizations which have "Christian" attached to them directly, like a church, or indirectly such as Logos are simply "too big for their britches," as my mom used to say.  Organizations such as this look, smell, and act more like the world all the time, but Christ predicted this, and the world continues to decay as does the decay of our sin nature.

Ouch!

I really hope this isn't how we're coming across. If so, I'm sorry. We are getting bigger, and it does make it hard to be as personal in every interaction as we were when we were smaller. But I don't think this is an issue of being Christian vs. being worldy -- I think it's an issue of scale. We are, however, fighting to stay as "small" as we can for a long as we can. That's why we resist policy, don't have a computer answer the phone, and try to stay engaged here in the forums (and elsewhere) as best we can. But there's only so much we can do. In the beginning, we visited beta testers homes (really!) to track down bugs. Today, with hundreds of thousands of customers, it's literally impossible for me to even talk to everyone in a year (or 10 years!). We've had to build structure, as much as we dislike it, too.

Pat Flanakin:
Overall, perhaps they should stop working on more products and get the rest of the company in order.  I know that there are plenty of people employed in the Logos sales department...so for a time, perhaps Logos should flip the level of support from sales to customer service.

I feel like everyone at Logos is in customer service, in one way or another. In raw head count, customer service is many times larger than sales. Moreover, you'll find marketing people, sales people, and software developers here in the forums, as well as providing direct support to customers via email and phone when required. I understand the attraction of saying "drop everything till you fix service!", but realistically it's not practical and doesn't meet every customer's needs ("drop everything and finish PBB! / the Mac! / sentence diagrammer!").

You can be assured, though, that's it's a top priority.

Posts 128
Terry Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2010 4:46 PM

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your kind and detailed response. I've been with you since before the turn of the century <smile> and I've called Washington many times and gotten superb service each time. This was the only occasion in which I have encountered an issue. You'll be happy to know I called the next morning, and was connected with a very helpful associate and all my problems were quickly addressed.

Terry

sDg

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS