Free Book of the Month: October 2017

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 34 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 514
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 1 2017 1:42 AM

The Free Book of the Month for October 2017 is Joseph Fitzmyer's Anchor Yale Commentary on Romans:

www.logos.com/free-book-of-the-month

The +1 and +2 are from the same series, and are Habakkuk and Galatians respectively.

Thanks FaithLife!

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 3:17 AM

Good grief.  This makes me happy!  

Posts 1825
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 3:38 AM

I guess.. I can still rejoice on other things. Broken Heart

Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 3:46 AM

mike:

I guess.. I can still rejoice on other things. Broken Heart

Hehe - I also had the free book last month for NIVAC.

This month, they've got the Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary going at an insane price (50% off). Might want to check that out (if you don't already have that on your shelf Stick out tongue)

Posts 285
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 4:54 AM

Excellent.  I needed 2 of 3.  Slowly acquiring the Yale Bible Commentary series with sales, coupons, etc.  I'm now up to 26 volumes after many years.

Posts 1599
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 5:41 AM

All three were new to me - in Logos at least. Have the Romans and Galatians in print, and in a previous Anchor sale, the Romans volume was one of the last cuts I made to stay in budget.

The Verbum free book is up as well. Actually I had that one already, but the additional highly reduced price volume was new to me. If you are interested in the Fathers at all, those two volumes of Augustine are certainly worth it.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 2394
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 6:21 AM

Ken McGuire:

The Verbum free book is up as well. Actually I had that one already, but the additional highly reduced price volume was new to me. If you are interested in the Fathers at all, those two volumes of Augustine are certainly worth it.

https://verbum.com/free-book-of-the-month  

Posts 532
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 6:34 AM

Thanks Gordon - I am very pleased with the offering this month and grabbed all 3. I've had Fitzmyer's Romans recommended to me, and it has been on my wish list for awhile Yes

Thanks for this, FL!

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 12:35 PM

3 excellent volumes this month for less that $5. Thank you!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1011
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 1:01 PM

Sweet!

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 1:22 PM

Thank you!

Posts 66
James Chin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 2:48 PM

Wow, this is a great deal, thanks FL

Posts 416
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 4:49 PM

Bruce Dunning:

3 excellent volumes this month for less that $5. Thank you!

Yes, thank you Faithlife !

Posts 6323
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 4:55 PM

Super Thanks, FL, for a Super Deal!

DAL

Posts 3003
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 6:53 PM

Awesome deal

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 3658
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 12:59 AM

Thank you, FL. This is quite a gift! Much appreciated.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 3:20 AM

Wish they had done this at any point in the previous 20 years. Roll Eyes I'm thinking in particular about all those years they were giving away public domain freebies that were already part of Portfolio. Never understood why the best customers who spent the most money were being shown so little love. After years of doing without, I picked up AYB last year.

Have you spent tens of thousands? NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

Glad for those who are able to take advantage.

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 4:12 AM

I get that getting 3 commentaries for $5 is a GREAT deal, but these particular commentaries are rated low on www.bestcommentaries.com, probably due to their liberal leaning tendencies, but that is just a guess on my part.  

I am disappointed that this being the 500th anniversary of Luther's 95 theses, that there are not any Reformational resources on sale this month.  We will all be dead and gone when the next anniversary comes around.  This was a BIG event in church history- no matter where you stand on the issues that were debated.

Posts 4917
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 5:57 AM

Michael S.:

I am disappointed that this being the 500th anniversary of Luther's 95 theses, that there are not any Reformational resources on sale this month.  We will all be dead and gone when the next anniversary comes around.  This was a BIG event in church history- no matter where you stand on the issues that were debated.

Has FL said there won't be a sale on reformational resources? Just because the FBOM, publisher spotlight and October sales resources are not specific to the reformation does not mean there won't be a separate sales event sometime this month. Well just have to wait and see.

Posts 118
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 2 2017 6:13 AM

Spectacular $5 deal for this month! Two of the three I did not have. Much appreciated FL!

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS