Removing Books from Library

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 160
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 1 2017 4:04 AM

Hi folks

Have discovered that in my library of 4000+ books I have a number of identical books that I would like to remove. I have removed some to Hidden Resources and used delete there but some of them keep showing themselves in my library. Is there a way to remove books I no longer require. Help would be appreciated.

Posts 26060
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 5:38 AM

There is no “delete,” but only “archive“ ( which is what hidden what feature does).  When you delete from the list of hidden books, they will re-download to your library! 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 2123
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 6:25 AM

alabama24:

When you delete from the list of hidden books, they will re-download to your library! 

Maybe 'delete' should be renamed to 'return'?

[['delete' from hidden change to 'return' to library - same function just new name]]

Posts 26060
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 7:04 AM

David Ames:
Maybe 'delete' should be renamed to 'return'?

I can be particular about nomenclature. The "hidden" book feature should be "archive." Although I haven't given it any thought before now, my initial thought is that "delete" should be "restore." The word "return" has some interesting connotations re:"library," but they aren't related (imo) to what is happening here.

"Return" could be reserved for the day when we can share books with others. Wink

Posts 2123
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 2:30 PM

OK, 'restore' and save 'return' for later use.  

Posts 26060
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 1 2017 4:47 PM

Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS